Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Official Group 2 Transition Discussion (CA/NV/VA/AL)

Device(s)
    ATNI Alltel: HTC, Telular Box, V262
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Alltel (ATNI), Verizon, Globalstar
    Feedback Score
    I just got back from a trip through some of the most rural parts of the new CA coverage. I am happy to report, for the most part, the new 3G coverage is Better than CDMA, and MUCH faster. There are still some analog only towers that have yet to be converted and that is going to happen very soon.

I give ATT and A on the transition. The only place I see them lacking is they should have converted the analog towers before they left the customer who rely on it dark, but getting approval to change anything in CA is a PITA.
    Still using a 3 watt analog bag phone in 2011!

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Well noticed on my Alltel razor 2 I have a blinking triangle this morning

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Well the newspaper today has an ad saying Your wait is almost over and has a calendar with December 16th circled. Would be nice if that is when it really happens.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The Alltel site says the transition is complete and the At&t site will accept zip codes in wise county. Hopefully phones will ship soon.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Formally Alltel)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hermit06 View Post
    Well the newspaper today has an ad saying Your wait is almost over and has a calendar with December 16th circled. Would be nice if that is when it really happens.
    That's how it happened in Nevada. Phones started arriving UPS and Fed Ex about 5 days before the official swap date. I got mine 1 day after the official date.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I hope the bad snowstorms don't delay our shipments. We tend to have bad storms in these mountains this time of the year. Calling for up to 10" for Sunday/Monday. *please no delays, please no delays* lol

Still haven't received a shipping confirmation, website still says "processing"

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Just talked to an at&t rep. Phones for this area are in process. Customers will receive an email when shipped and phones can be expected 3 to 5 days after receiving notification.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Formally Alltel)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cryospawn View Post
    Just talked to an at&t rep. Phones for this area are in process. Customers will receive an email when shipped and phones can be expected 3 to 5 days after receiving notification.
    Some of my friends received the shipping conformation but personally I did not. I received a text message saying that if I didn't receive my phone by 11/26 please call this number. It seems that of the people that got a tracking number AT&T shipped those phones via UPS. Those of us that got our phone Fed Ex did not. Just my experience.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    CClay, do you know when customers with only data cards will begin to receive their new devices? I am in the Danville market, and haven't gotten any guidance as to when I might transition over. Additionally, there isn't a status checker that I'm aware of, since data cards are automatically being replaced.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I was in the local Radioshack today and they claim the network has been completed in this area and they are already selling phones but as far as I can tell not all of wise county has been finished. I still get no signal at my house and several other places there should be if it was actually completed.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    CClay, do you know when customers with only data cards will begin to receive their new devices? I am in the Danville market, and haven't gotten any guidance as to when I might transition over. Additionally, there isn't a status checker that I'm aware of, since data cards are automatically being replaced.
    They should arrive with the your other handsets if you pre-selected. If you only have a data card then it will be shipped out 30-60 days later.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hermit06 View Post
    I was in the local Radioshack today and they claim the network has been completed in this area and they are already selling phones but as far as I can tell not all of wise county has been finished. I still get no signal at my house and several other places there should be if it was actually completed.
    The network is actually up and running for at least 30 days before it is opened up for the normal customers. It operates in a test mode and only pre-approved devices are permitted to use it. I dont even think your device can see it until AT&T allows it.

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well you can "see" the network, you just can't actually get onto it when it is in test mode.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Just FYI, AT&T has taken the money out of our bank account for our new phones. There is a date associated with the "hold". The date is 12/13.

So, I would assume this means they plan on shipping the phones on Monday?

P.S. I'm in Wise County (Southwest Virginia).

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trh98 View Post
    Just FYI, AT&T has taken the money out of our bank account for our new phones. There is a date associated with the "hold". The date is 12/13.

So, I would assume this means they plan on shipping the phones on Monday?

P.S. I'm in Wise County (Southwest Virginia).
    Same here. I am assuming they are shipping Monday also.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast