Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 100

Thread: Official Group 2 Transition Discussion (CA/NV/VA/AL)

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    1069/1473
    Posts
    1,112
    Device(s)
    ATNI Alltel: HTC, Telular Box, V262
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Alltel (ATNI), Verizon, Globalstar
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just got back from a trip through some of the most rural parts of the new CA coverage. I am happy to report, for the most part, the new 3G coverage is Better than CDMA, and MUCH faster. There are still some analog only towers that have yet to be converted and that is going to happen very soon.

    I give ATT and A on the transition. The only place I see them lacking is they should have converted the analog towers before they left the customer who rely on it dark, but getting approval to change anything in CA is a PITA.
    Still using a 3 watt analog bag phone in 2011!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    124
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well noticed on my Alltel razor 2 I have a blinking triangle this morning

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wise County
    Posts
    6
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well the newspaper today has an ad saying Your wait is almost over and has a calendar with December 16th circled. Would be nice if that is when it really happens.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wise County VA
    Posts
    19
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    The Alltel site says the transition is complete and the At&t site will accept zip codes in wise county. Hopefully phones will ship soon.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    17
    Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Formally Alltel)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hermit06 View Post
    Well the newspaper today has an ad saying Your wait is almost over and has a calendar with December 16th circled. Would be nice if that is when it really happens.
    That's how it happened in Nevada. Phones started arriving UPS and Fed Ex about 5 days before the official swap date. I got mine 1 day after the official date.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wise County
    Posts
    30
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    I hope the bad snowstorms don't delay our shipments. We tend to have bad storms in these mountains this time of the year. Calling for up to 10" for Sunday/Monday. *please no delays, please no delays* lol

    Still haven't received a shipping confirmation, website still says "processing"

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wise County VA
    Posts
    19
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just talked to an at&t rep. Phones for this area are in process. Customers will receive an email when shipped and phones can be expected 3 to 5 days after receiving notification.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    17
    Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Formally Alltel)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cryospawn View Post
    Just talked to an at&t rep. Phones for this area are in process. Customers will receive an email when shipped and phones can be expected 3 to 5 days after receiving notification.
    Some of my friends received the shipping conformation but personally I did not. I received a text message saying that if I didn't receive my phone by 11/26 please call this number. It seems that of the people that got a tracking number AT&T shipped those phones via UPS. Those of us that got our phone Fed Ex did not. Just my experience.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,439
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    CClay, do you know when customers with only data cards will begin to receive their new devices? I am in the Danville market, and haven't gotten any guidance as to when I might transition over. Additionally, there isn't a status checker that I'm aware of, since data cards are automatically being replaced.

    Verizon's 4G network.

    I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wise County
    Posts
    6
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    I was in the local Radioshack today and they claim the network has been completed in this area and they are already selling phones but as far as I can tell not all of wise county has been finished. I still get no signal at my house and several other places there should be if it was actually completed.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,701
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    CClay, do you know when customers with only data cards will begin to receive their new devices? I am in the Danville market, and haven't gotten any guidance as to when I might transition over. Additionally, there isn't a status checker that I'm aware of, since data cards are automatically being replaced.
    They should arrive with the your other handsets if you pre-selected. If you only have a data card then it will be shipped out 30-60 days later.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,701
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hermit06 View Post
    I was in the local Radioshack today and they claim the network has been completed in this area and they are already selling phones but as far as I can tell not all of wise county has been finished. I still get no signal at my house and several other places there should be if it was actually completed.
    The network is actually up and running for at least 30 days before it is opened up for the normal customers. It operates in a test mode and only pre-approved devices are permitted to use it. I dont even think your device can see it until AT&T allows it.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NE IN
    Posts
    10,928
    Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well you can "see" the network, you just can't actually get onto it when it is in test mode.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:


    http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wise County
    Posts
    30
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just FYI, AT&T has taken the money out of our bank account for our new phones. There is a date associated with the "hold". The date is 12/13.

    So, I would assume this means they plan on shipping the phones on Monday?

    P.S. I'm in Wise County (Southwest Virginia).

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wise County VA
    Posts
    19
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trh98 View Post
    Just FYI, AT&T has taken the money out of our bank account for our new phones. There is a date associated with the "hold". The date is 12/13.

    So, I would assume this means they plan on shipping the phones on Monday?

    P.S. I'm in Wise County (Southwest Virginia).
    Same here. I am assuming they are shipping Monday also.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official Group 4 Transition Discussion (UT/WY/MT/SD/ND/MI/MN/CO/IA/NE)
    By Clay™ in forum Alltel to AT&T Transition discussion
    Replies: 1364
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 09:07 AM
  2. Official Group 3 Transition Discussion (AZ/NM/CO)
    By Clay™ in forum Alltel to AT&T Transition discussion
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
  3. Official AT&T Transition Handset Selection Discussion
    By shango6 in forum Alltel to AT&T Transition discussion
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 12:32 AM
  4. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 06:51 AM
  5. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 06:51 AM

Bookmarks