Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Official Group 2 Transition Discussion (CA/NV/VA/AL)

Device(s)
    ATNI Alltel: HTC, Telular Box, V262
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Alltel (ATNI), Verizon, Globalstar
    Feedback Score
    Got my first att bill already. You have to be real careful with data, they charge bigtime for it. If you think you are ever going to use the browser or text on the phone get a connect pact before you switch.

I got billed $2 for 50kb by just pushing the browser button on one of my lines. BE CAREFUL!
    Still using a 3 watt analog bag phone in 2011!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note5, iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon $80 promotional plan (main), T-Mobile ($30 plan), GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shango6 View Post
    Got my first att bill already. You have to be real careful with data, they charge bigtime for it. If you think you are ever going to use the browser or text on the phone get a connect pact before you switch.

I got billed $2 for 50kb by just pushing the browser button on one of my lines. BE CAREFUL!
    Call AT&T and they will likely refund your charge.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Just got an email ship confirmation from at&t stating the upgraded phones had shipped. Still waiting on the confirmation for the free phone. Shipped by USPS from Fort Worth TX. Hopefully they will get here by the end of the week. I am sure the free phone will ship soon. I did get a tracking number but we will see if the USPS's tracking system has improved.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cryospawn View Post
    Just got an email ship confirmation from at&t stating the upgraded phones had shipped. Still waiting on the confirmation for the free phone. Shipped by USPS from Fort Worth TX. Hopefully they will get here by the end of the week. I am sure the free phone will ship soon. I did get a tracking number but we will see if the USPS's tracking system has improved.
    Someone I know also received a shipping confirmation email. I have yet to receive any confirmations, through text or email. But AT&T has taken the money out of our account. Also, our order status page still says "processing". We ordered 2 upgrade phones and 1 free replacement.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Well I just received my email with delivery confirmation number. Both of my phones are the free replacements. Hopefully once I get them the service will work good at home and work and be able to upgrade to a better phone.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I still haven't received a shipping confirmation. I got the new phone bug and it is starting to itch!

Feedback Score
    https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/#

Try this website for tracking instead of the other one. Mine still says processing and I found this other website and it showed that my phones already shipped.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Awesome, I went to that site and my phones have shipped. Thanks!

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just updated the tracking number on USPS and my phones are scheduled to be delivered today. Sweet.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa30 View Post
    I just updated the tracking number on USPS and my phones are scheduled to be delivered today. Sweet.
    I just checked mine and it says that the electronic shipping info was received on December 15th. The package was accepted on December 12th. So does that mean my phones have been sitting in texas for 3 days and are just now leaving? Not good.

I really hope the tracking system is just REALLY behind.

Feedback Score
    If you live in Wise, I just spoke to the woman at the post office and she said that they received about 1400 phone packages today and they are just behind. They are going to try to have them to us today, but if they can't they will be available tomorrow. And the only real service that the USPS offers is delivery notification so that means you will not get any real new information until they actually scan your phone in and you can pick it up. Our phones are there though.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just went and picked mine up. It said the transition date is Jan 6th. But I can call and get my phone activated now right? Or do I have to wait til Jan 6th?

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I just went and picked mine up. It said the transition date is Jan 6th. But I can call and get my phone activated now right? Or do I have to wait til Jan 6th?
    I have heard the same thing. Someone received their phones but the letter inside said the transition date was Jan. 6th.

So I have the same question as bigpapa...do we have to wait until that day or can we call and activate immediately upon receiving them?

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Actually, just called AT&T. You can call them and activate as soon as you receive it. They told me that the January 6th date is the day they will force everyone to transition over.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    you should be able to activate now. Jan 6th is the day it will force migrate you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast