Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Official Group 2 Transition Discussion (CA/NV/VA/AL)

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone actually activated their phones yet? bigpapa?

We received our phones but I'm stuck at work I will attempt to activate as soon as I get home. I called AT&T again and, once again, they told me I could go ahead and activate. They basically told me to disregard the letter in the box that says "Do not turn on your phone until the night of January 5th."

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep, I just called and got mine activated. It took the lady a few minutes to find my account information but she got all of that squared away and sent me to the porting department who then took me through the activation process. He told me to call 1-866-895-1099 when I wanted to activate my other lines. Everything works so far so good though.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa30 View Post
    Yep, I just called and got mine activated. It took the lady a few minutes to find my account information but she got all of that squared away and sent me to the porting department who then took me through the activation process. He told me to call 1-866-895-1099 when I wanted to activate my other lines. Everything works so far so good though.
    Awesome! I just wanted to make sure someone was able to activate successfully before January 6th.

Now I must wait another hour before I can get home...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So you received your phones December 14th and you have until Jan 6th before you HAVE to use them, giving you about 23 days? That's good news. I'll be gone from sometime in February through sometime in March (the dates aren't quite final yet) for about 3 weeks. Basically, I have a convention Feb 27-Mar4 in Vegas and I'm planning to visit friend in Oregon and California on one side of it, probably BEFORE it because I have a big event in mid-March that I want to get back well before. Darn I wish I had my new phone - and especially data card! - before the trip, mainly because part of my trip involves 4-5 days staying in an area with no Verizon service but perfect AT&T - but I guess other changes make it a win overall

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Clay got a question u probably can answer. I got an iphone in TN in oct (birthday present, I didnt wanna wait) on the premise I can port my Alltel number to the iphone. I'm to get my phone I had with alltel, still under contract until feb, I know I have 30 days to cancel. Is there an issue of porting old number to existing seperate line, and then I can cncel with no issues on the alltel switch phone?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    I honestly don't know the answer because it is an AT&T policy question. I bet if you asked in the AT&T forum they would know.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA
    Last edited by Clay™; 12-15-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone 8, iPad Pro, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    So you received your phones December 14th and you have until Jan 6th before you HAVE to use them, giving you about 23 days? That's good news. I'll be gone from sometime in February through sometime in March (the dates aren't quite final yet) for about 3 weeks. Basically, I have a convention Feb 27-Mar4 in Vegas and I'm planning to visit friend in Oregon and California on one side of it, probably BEFORE it because I have a big event in mid-March that I want to get back well before. Darn I wish I had my new phone - and especially data card! - before the trip, mainly because part of my trip involves 4-5 days staying in an area with no Verizon service but perfect AT&T - but I guess other changes make it a win overall
    Couldn't you change the shipping address for your new phones to either your friends or the address your staying in Vegas?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    sprke, the problem is that it'll be too late by the time I know exactly where I'll be when they ship. As long as there's a three-week window, I'll be fine.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Is the service better than alltel? I am still waiting to get mine.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've not been able to go very many places because of the weather, but at my house I am getting full bars of 3G. Of course I got full 3G with Alltel too.

Device(s)
    ATNI Alltel: HTC, Telular Box, V262
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Alltel (ATNI), Verizon, Globalstar
    Feedback Score
    News article from local paper. All the areas they mention are still ANALOG ONLY! The reactivate your old phone is very interesting...
    http://news.sierrawave.net/index.php...&Itemid=200021

AT&T finally responds to widespread cell phone problems in Inyo-Mono

Print

Written by Benett Kessler Monday, 13 December 2010 18:05
    The major switch from Alltel to AT&T for Inyo-Mono cell phone customers turned into a painful experience for some. at_tfrustrationService in Benton and Hammil simply died in places. Others in Mammoth Lakes and Inyo complained about a sudden drop in service too. Mono Supervisor Hap Hazard went to work to do what citizens found impossible.

Hazard made it his mission to actually talk to someone in authority at AT&T. Several citizens reported to Sierra Wave their futile efforts to contact someone who cared or who would discuss issues beyond a prepared script.

Supervisor Hazard received citizen complaints and emailed back that he would try to do something about it. His latest email includes an AT&T response from what Hazard said was their "legal staff, management, technical people, and engineers."

The AT&T response comes from Eric R. Johnson of External Affairs. It says, "AT&T recently discovered that some of our former Alltel customers who received new AT&T phones have encountered network issues in Mono and Inyo Counties. Our teams in the field," he wrote, "are working diligently to address these issues at the four cell sites."

The email went on to say that AT&T phones will be working in the greater Benton area, including Hammil and Chalfant Valleys, no later than Wednesday, December 15th, barring unforeseen technical or environmental issues. All required network equipment is on-site and we have commenced testing."

They also expect AT&T phones to be working in the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest area by the end of December. Teams are also working on service at Mt. Patterson and Rogers Peak.

Finally, they say that customers with the new AT&T phones can reactivate their old phones by bringing them to one of the stores in Bishop or Mammoth. Then, they apologize for the inconveniences.

Supervisor Hazard promised to keep everyone updated.
    Still using a 3 watt analog bag phone in 2011!

Feedback Score
    I am hearing about some people who are activating their phones in Wise County,VA before the January 6 transition date and getting charged a $200 early termination fee by Alltel? Is there any truth to this? Can they do that? It doesn't really make sense to me, but Facebook rumors spread fast.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewstuff2002 View Post
    I am hearing about some people who are activating their phones in Wise County,VA before the January 6 transition date and getting charged a $200 early termination fee by Alltel? Is there any truth to this? Can they do that? It doesn't really make sense to me, but Facebook rumors spread fast.
    My wife spoke to Alltel yesterday about our bill that is due this month. It is for service up to January 5th. We were concerned we would not get credit for the time we pay for that we are actually At&t. The alltel rep informed her we would be prorated starting from the day we activated our new at&t phones. The credit for the "alltel" days will be added to our first or second at&t bill. The rep did not say anything about an ETF or having to wait until January 6th to activate. Based on this info the early termination fee rumor is false.

Feedback Score

Called Alltel about Facebook Rumors

I called Alltel earlier today because rumors were spreading around facebook that AT&T was pulling out of wise county. When I talked to the lady she apologized but confirmed it. She said that AT&T had thought alltel owned the towers but found out after they bought in that they only piggyback and had decided not to put up towers in our area.
    She also went on to say that we would have to ship our phones back. Now I live in the Big Stone Gap, area of Wise county and this shouldn't have been a problem, but she said it was the whole area. When I told her that we had already received our phones she said we would have to send them back and would be notified to do so. But when I talked to AT&T they had no knowledge of it.
    But then again when I told the lady that all the AT&T stores in our area said this was just a rumor she said that they will be notified as well. That they hadn't as of yet. So why does Alltel know this information but AT&T doesn't? Actually I should add that AT&T went completely around the question every time it was asked. Even going as far as to hang up on my cousin when she tried calling about it as well. Both of us have been on the phone almost all day to try to find a solution to this. Who do I believe, Alltel or AT&T?
    They said that we wouldn't be able to use the phones after Jan, and when I asked if Alltel would be staying in this area she said no that we would need to transfer our number to another provider by Jan2nd. Wouldn't bother me so much except when I tried to transfer to Verizon, we were turned down. Leaving us with no choice but prepaid. Does anyone else have any information on this? Who's right, alltel or at&t?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, given that 3G coverage is shown on the AT&T coverage map for Wise County, I'd say it's completely myth. There's so many myths surrounding this transition.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast