Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Official Group 2 Transition Discussion (CA/NV/VA/AL)

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm seeing between 2-4 Mbps download and between .30-.50 Mbps upload.

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Cool, what phone?
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Aria. I'm going to try it again later tonight when the usage may not be as bad on the network.

Feedback Score
    I would have liked to have seen some organization in the AT&T store as well, in the nicest way possible. And yes, I was very angry when I typed it because it was ridiculous to have to wait this long. So my apologies for the ranting.

And to the other post regarding people being insane to go into the store, it certainly had nothing to do with not reading all the information. I had called both numbers (Alltell and AT&T). I went to the store because I needed a car charger because if you are on the road a lot, it is necessary to have one. And if they had allowed the pre-paid customers to order ahead of time as well, I would not have been there at all, believe me. I needed to pick up a phone for my husband and wanted to go ahead and get it for him for Christmas. I suppose that was my mistake, but for working people, sometimes Saturdays are the only day we have to do things like this.

What would I have Alltell do? I never had any problems with Alltell and was always very satisfied with their service. The only problem I did have with them was the rebate card which did not work. And it is a funny thing- I was in Tn today and just stopped at their AT&T store and it was not chaos there. They were able to help me in ten minutes. They seemed to know what they were doing. That is not the fault of the customer service staff at Norton- they were simply not ready, I do not believe. And I do feel for the CSR's. I know it is not their fault and realize it is frustrating for them too. And BTW, I had not even been on Facebook. And I was bragging on AT&T earlier in the week because for the most part I believe their phone mailing process has been very organized and their phone representatives were so helpful I completed a phone survey and gave them a 5 ranking on everything. At any rate, I don't know whether Tn is converting at the same time as Va, and I will concede that maybe they had fewer "insane" customers coming into the store like I guess us idiots here, but they were able to help me very efficiently today. I will also say that I love my phone and hope things get better here because I do not really want to switch to Verizon, even though Consumer Reports ranks Verizon as number 1 and AT&T as the worst overall. I have had good reception and no technical issues with my phone like a lot of people have been having. Alltell has apparently fixed my account with the early contract discontinuation fee. I don't know about any AT&T activation charges yet.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    joby, this type of transition will NEVER go smoothly. AT&T honestly couldn't be doing any better than they are short of a miracle. It just doesn't go smoothly migrating two MILLION people onto a different network. And of course AT&T stores outside of the migration area are going to be less insane

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Jobydog, I apologize if my post made it seem like I was talking specifically about you. I was just meaning in general about the AT&T store in Norton with all of the people that were there as you were describing. All you see on facebook are people repeating rumors and getting everybody all worked up, and as I'm sure you know it only takes one rumor around here and everybody knows it within the hour lol. I was actually going to suggest that you go to a store over in Kingsport or Johnson City. Only one small county in the far eastern part of the Tennessee on the border of Virginia and North Carolina went to AT&T. The rest of the Northeast Tennessee Alltel customers went to Verizon a while back. So the AT&T stores over there will be a lot less hectic and the CSR's will have more of an idea of what is going on and be under a lot less stress than the store in Norton is.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Formally Alltel)
    Feedback Score

Heads Up On Your First AT&T Bill

I don't know if this was mentioned before but watch your first AT&T bill carefully. I am in Nevada and had New Mexico regulatory surcharges on my bill. I called customer service and the lady had not heard of this problem before but she asked a supervisor and they quickly recognized the mistake. I was impressed with my first dealing with AT&T customer service.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is the new network AT&T built out in former Alltel areas HSPA+? I was thinking about upgrading to the HTC Inspire when it comes out and was wondering if I would notice any faster speeds.

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa30 View Post
    Is the new network AT&T built out in former Alltel areas HSPA+? I was thinking about upgrading to the HTC Inspire when it comes out and was wondering if I would notice any faster speeds.
    I think it depends on the area and what kind of backhaul is availible. I have a feeling where I'm at in NV we wont be seeing it anytime soon.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Has anybody that chose to stay on the Alltel plan when transitioning tried or been able to upgrade to a different phone after the 30 day period without changing your plan?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7