Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Group 3 Transition Discussion (AZ/NM/CO)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score

Official Group 3 Transition Discussion (AZ/NM/CO)

Please keep all questions and or discussions related to the transition of Group 3 in this thread.

Group 3 includes markets in Arizona, New Mexico and southwest Colorado

Current Status:

NM/AZ/CO - Customer transition delayed to late February
    Last edited by Clay™; 12-09-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Might want to add "MI" to the topic

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Wait, you dropped Michigan from this list. What group are the Michigan Alltel -> AT&T customers in?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    The problems they have been having in New Mexico are due to 3rd parties that are running the fiber optic lines to the cell sites. All of the cell sites are ready to go as soon as the fiber is finished. As far as seeing the phone show edge in a store in New Mexico, those phones are running on whoever the gsm roaming carrier is in the area not the AT&T system. The AT&T network will not be turned on until ready, which may vary from Feb-Mar depending on where you live. One great piece of news we received last week about bb's on pre-select, they changed the default device from the curve 9300 to the torch if you currently have a tour or bold as your alltel phone. The pre-select system should have the new option loaded around the 17th of december.
    With great responsibility come great sacrifice

Feedback Score
    I dont know who to believe since att is still saying phones are being shipped out this week.....they can have that much of a delay in communication i mean this is a huge corporation not a mom and pop setup.

About 4-5 reps have stated the same so i dunno.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just stopped by the Alltel store here in Durango. Other than a few Alltel window stickers it was 100% rebranded AT&T. Seems real odd that it would be AT&T for 2 months before the network switch.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlermn View Post
    Just stopped by the Alltel store here in Durango. Other than a few Alltel window stickers it was 100% rebranded AT&T. Seems real odd that it would be AT&T for 2 months before the network switch.
    The remodel schedule is on track and the Durango store was set to rebrand as an AT&T store next week but that will be postponed until the network is ready.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    The remodel schedule is on track and the Durango store was set to rebrand as an AT&T store next week but that will be postponed until the network is ready.
    I know the Roswell store is done just covered up with the Alltel Banners, the wind actually picked up here last week and torn the banner off and low and behold there was the beautiful ATT Wireless Sign.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Letter

anyone else get a letter from ATT explain new data coverage, does this mean we might see transition earlier, Clay can you confirm anything?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ive heard nothing that would indicate another change to the timeline. AT&T is at the mercy of local telcos...

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    cclay,

when you created this thread, Michigan was listed. I'm in the small group of michigan Alltel customers with our accounts homed out of Muskegon. Am I following the correct thread, or should I be following group 4?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

What the heck

Cclay,

I just placed a reorder today because two of the phones I was going to pay for are now free, and it moved me to migration group 4A but the date for shipment is February 5th does this all sound right or are we going to be disappointed, what what's up with the migration group I went from 3A to 4A, did I get bumped dead last?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s0be View Post
    cclay,

when you created this thread, Michigan was listed. I'm in the small group of michigan Alltel customers with our accounts homed out of Muskegon. Am I following the correct thread, or should I be following group 4?
    As far as I know you are in group 4 and will start the transition in late February.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beeziefied View Post
    Cclay,

I just placed a reorder today because two of the phones I was going to pay for are now free, and it moved me to migration group 4A but the date for shipment is February 5th does this all sound right or are we going to be disappointed, what what's up with the migration group I went from 3A to 4A, did I get bumped dead last?
    The group 3 markets that havent transitioned will transition with group 4A. You wont be the last markets however, Utah & Wyoming are the final markets in group 4E. (along with the parts of NV/CA that were rolled back to Alltel and will transition again)

Feedback Score
    I'm in south central Colorado. Alltel has been the only service here for several years. What exactly happens when AT&T takes over? We seem to have only one cell phone tower in the county. Does AT&T install GSM equipment on that tower? Do they remove the Alltel CDMA equipment? When family members from out of town visit, bringing their Verizon CDMA phones, will those phone no longer work here? Do residents here with, for example, CDMA TracFones need new phones? Thanks.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast