Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Group 3 Transition Discussion (AZ/NM/CO)

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Clay what is going on, I can't check my order status anymore and the Alltel webpage no longer takes me to ATT and then the Milestone is on the Alltel page for my area now, I thought the Milestone was only for Verizon divested areas.....is thier something we don't know AGAIN!
    With great responsibility come great sacrifice

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beeziefied View Post
    Clay what is going on, I can't check my order status anymore and the Alltel webpage no longer takes me to ATT and then the Milestone is on the Alltel page for my area now, I thought the Milestone was only for Verizon divested areas.....is thier something we don't know AGAIN!
    Which city/county are you located in?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay™ View Post
    Which city/county are you located in?
    Roswell/Chaves County the ATT map now shows 3G coverage comming up the main highway almost to us just not quite here yet, please have good new for me!
    Last edited by beeziefied; 02-04-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beeziefied View Post
    Roswell/Chaves County the ATT map now shows 3G coverage comming up the main highway almost to us just not quite here yet, please have good new for me!
    The network is almost ready. Your phone will be shipped in the next 10 days and will automatically activate near the end of the month.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    My phones have shipped!!! YAY!! I haven't gotten the confirmation email or text yet, but a friend of mine did so I checked and they have indeed been sent! YAY! I didn't check the regular "mobilitystatus" page that one still says "processing" I checked this one....
    https://www.wireless.att.com/order_s...mber=&ZipCode=

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Hey Clay. I ordered a BB Torch and the only option was black. I have been told by two different reps that I can exchange it for a white one. My question is do I have to go to the store that was formerly Alltel in my area to exchange it or can I go to any At&t store? I am often in a town 90 miles from here that has an at&t store and would like to exchange it there due to the congestion and wait time that will undoubtably be at the store in my area?!

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scj02 View Post
    Hey Clay. I ordered a BB Torch and the only option was black. I have been told by two different reps that I can exchange it for a white one. My question is do I have to go to the store that was formerly Alltel in my area to exchange it or can I go to any At&t store? I am often in a town 90 miles from here that has an at&t store and would like to exchange it there due to the congestion and wait time that will undoubtably be at the store in my area?!
    You should be able to exchange it in any AT&T store.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Clay my wife is in the same position she wants the white one can this only be done in the store or can we call it in also?

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Feedback Score

Carlsbad Area

so just curious...what actually happened to delay the transition here in the Carlsbad area from Decemeber to February? I had heard that a major piece of equipment had blown up (lack of a better word) and it took a couple months to get a new piece of equipment to replace that faulty peice.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

If you live in Roswell....

I can confirm, for a fact, that for those of us in Roswell phones began shipping on 2/6/11. There was a SNAFU for me because I wasn't expecting it until the end of next week and my tax return would have come in first, so there wasn't cash in the right account to cover my three iPhones. But, I shifted things around and they shipped today 2/8. So, in Roswell, NM, they are shipping the AT&T phones, finally.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Clay, I haven't received my phones yet (im hoping today or tomorrow) anyway the rumor is that we aren't allowed to activate them for a month or more? Is this true? I have read that other groups were able to activate immediately!? What's the deal?! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Clay, I haven't received my phones yet (im hoping today or tomorrow) anyway the rumor is that we aren't allowed to activate them for a month or more? Is this true? I have read that other groups were able to activate immediately!? What's the deal?! Thanks!
    I heard the same rumor. Actually here is the email reply from AT&T Customer Support.

Sir,

Activations will be processed April through May, 2011. I apologize but I won't be able to help you with the phone issue, you can call the Transition Support team at 866-410-4437.

Thanks
    Emilia

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You should receive instructions in the box that either include an automatic activation date or more information. The network isnt ready yet but should be soon.

This only applies to customers in southern New Mexico, others areas are still in a holding pattern with respect to handset shipments/network launch.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    In the box it says "you should have received a transition date via email." I have yet to receive a date! The store in my area was of no help and said that the customer would likely find out the transition date before they will? I find that hard to believe!?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    In the box it says "you should have received a transition date via email." I have yet to receive a date! The store in my area was of no help and said that the customer would likely find out the transition date before they will? I find that hard to believe!?
    Hard to believe or not it is true. The network ready date is close but hasnt been officially approved by engineering. Once engineering approves the network then sales can begin the transition. Rather than wait until after network ready to begin shipping phones they went ahead and shipped now and as soon as the network is ready everyone will get an email. It has yet to be determined if you will be able to call into the IVR and activate immediately or be required to wait until a set date. (Most likely both)

Please be nice to the store staff... They take the brunt of the customer frustration and would very much tell you anything if they knew.

Employees want this thing over with exponentially more than anyone can possibly imagine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast