Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Group 3 Transition Discussion (AZ/NM/CO)

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Actually I was very nice to the staff. As I'm sure they received many calls from confused and angry customers yesterday! I am sure they feel like a broken record and it is not my belief to get angry at someone who is not in control of the situation.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I live in Tennessee, but have my phone through Alltel in New Mexico. My question is since we have AT&T in Tennessee where I live, when I get my phone will I be able to activate early since the service is already available?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scj02 View Post
    actually i was very nice to the staff. As i'm sure they received many calls from confused and angry customers yesterday! I am sure they feel like a broken record and it is not my belief to get angry at someone who is not in control of the situation.
    thank you!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (Alltel)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, we got our phones yesterday in Hobbs (SENM). SIMs aren't provisioned yet (surprise, surprise), but that Aria sure is bootyful! It sure was disappointing, though, to get it, and not be able to use it. I'm thinking our transition date down here may be 2/22, because that was the date on the text from AT&tel. (Not the transition date, but the date to call AT&T if you haven't received your phones).

I wish they could just activate ours already. We already have a network running EDGE down here. It may not be the best around, and my dad's iPhone may receive 1 in 5 calls at our house, but it's something.

Oh, and BTW, I heard the same thing about the equipment blowing up from our newspaper. I wish AT&T would stop being so secretive about this and tell us the truth about what's going on. It would probably save THEM a whole lot of trouble.
    Scott M. in New Mexico

Here's a laugh: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=11989818

Feedback Score
    I live in the Carlsbad area and our phones still haven't been delivered. It makes me laugh to look at the tracking of my wife's phone and see the estimated delivery date of last Wednesday, February 9th. Ha!

Here's my question: I am on a business account which I know is handled differently than the personal accounts. I still don't know what phone they are sending me and it's killing me. :-)

My wife is on a personal account and has gotten the phone call saying we will transition between March 2nd and 3rd. We will be out of town when that happens, and I was wondering if that transition date was for both the personal and business accounts. Since neither of us have received our phones, I'm not that worried. But if she gets hers and I don't, is it because mine is still lost in the mail or is it because my transition comes a month or two later? And if the business accounts transition later, would we be losing free calling between my business account phone and her personal account phone since she would be AT&T and I am still Alltel?

Feedback Score

Got our phones

We finally got our phones yesterday in Hobbs after the USPS decided to quit hogging them and actually started doing their job of delivering them. It was quite interesting to hear about how they would deliver 10,000+ phones in one day. Either way I got mine and the Captivate is an awesome piece of work and I can't wait to see how it will be on the new system.

My wife works at an AllT&T store and now the monsters have unleashed. I am really not surprised at the number of folks that open a box, throw the instructions away and raise hell when they can't get their phones activated at the store. I honestly want to be in Wal-Mart the day the transition goes through and the CDMA phones are turned off. There will be a rush of wind and a loud sucking noise when all the phones die in the middle of a conversation. People will be used to carrying two phones and have forgotten that it takes electricity to charge the battery in the phone and the new ones will be dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by youthmindave View Post
    I live in the Carlsbad area and our phones still haven't been delivered. It makes me laugh to look at the tracking of my wife's phone and see the estimated delivery date of last Wednesday, February 9th. Ha!

Here's my question: I am on a business account which I know is handled differently than the personal accounts. I still don't know what phone they are sending me and it's killing me. :-)

My wife is on a personal account and has gotten the phone call saying we will transition between March 2nd and 3rd. We will be out of town when that happens, and I was wondering if that transition date was for both the personal and business accounts. Since neither of us have received our phones, I'm not that worried. But if she gets hers and I don't, is it because mine is still lost in the mail or is it because my transition comes a month or two later? And if the business accounts transition later, would we be losing free calling between my business account phone and her personal account phone since she would be AT&T and I am still Alltel?
    If you find out what business phones you are getting let me know. All I have been told is that we would find out when the box showed up. I know there are several of our lines that want a certain phone and we don't want to get stuck in the AT&T plans. I just hope we get something that is comparable or better than what we have now.

My understanding on the transition rollout is that the personal accounts would get theirs done first, then business and finally the prepaid ones. I took a proactive approach on our business lines and split some of them onto a new Alltel account. That way if someone upgraded or something later on, we could throw them on that account and it would not affect the whole account of having to switch rate plans.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I called my local Alltel store here in Durango, CO (SW colorado). They said the phones would be shipping "soon", but the rep hesitated and mumbled "March/April" for the network. He also stumbled thru something about replacing copper with fiber, which would mesh with the telco data line delay I've heard about here.

Clay have you heard the same or something different for this little corner of the world? Our winter has been relatively mild here, so I was hoping it would happen quicker.

Feedback Score

Transition date for Las Cruces, NM

Does anyone know when they are transitioning in Las Cruces, NM? I received my phones last week but haven't received a text from them yet. The person on the phone at Alltel said we would start using them next Monday, but the paper in the box said they would send a text 7 days in advance. Also, do you have to be in your home area to activate your phone. My husband works out of town and probably will not be here when they are activated. He has the phone with him if that will work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tarabid View Post
    Does anyone know when they are transitioning in Las Cruces, NM? I received my phones last week but haven't received a text from them yet. The person on the phone at Alltel said we would start using them next Monday, but the paper in the box said they would send a text 7 days in advance. Also, do you have to be in your home area to activate your phone. My husband works out of town and probably will not be here when they are activated. He has the phone with him if that will work.
    A few people, including myself, received a phone call from the transition line advising the transition will take place March 2 and 3rd. I never received a text or call to my cell though, finally received the message on my work number.

I am in Las Cruces also by the way.

Feedback Score
    I talked to anther representative today and they said it will either be Feb 22 or Mar 2. You would think they would know this close to the date.

Quote Originally Posted by casualonejp View Post
    A few people, including myself, received a phone call from the transition line advising the transition will take place March 2 and 3rd. I never received a text or call to my cell though, finally received the message on my work number.

I am in Las Cruces also by the way.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    So do we (southern NM) get to activate tomorrow? I soooooo hope so!

Feedback Score
    I'm in Farmington, NM (NW corner of the State) waiting for the conversion. I have an iPhone with a Texas phone number that is now registering 5 bars and 3G!!! It looks like someone has flipped the switch (at least for testing).

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know when Roswell NM will transistion???

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I know?! I'm in Lovington, NM... I have heard today was a possibility but have also been told the beginning of March!? I wish it were today because I'm going out of town tomorrow and would like to only have to carry one phone!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast