Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Group 3 Transition Discussion (AZ/NM/CO)

Feedback Score
    I havent heard anyting, but some people say they have recieved text messages or phone calls.... I wish someone knew something for sure lol

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    The official day should be march 2 we should all be getting a text this week I know it has been a long time just be patient it's around the corner.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app
    With great responsibility come great sacrifice

Feedback Score
    Im trying my best to be patient....I thought getting my phone would help, but it just made it worse! lol....how do you know its the 2nd...people keep saying these exact dates and Im just curious where they are getting them from...

Have a good day!

Feedback Score
    I'm in NW New Mexico Farmington-Aztec-Bloomfield area, and got an e-mail last night indicating that my phones had been shipped. I have an aquaintance that says he has indications that the system is up, maybe for testing, as he is currently getting a strong signal on his phone.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by at&tell View Post
    Im trying my best to be patient....I thought getting my phone would help, but it just made it worse! lol....how do you know its the 2nd...people keep saying these exact dates and Im just curious where they are getting them from...

Have a good day!
    Text was sent to handsets today in some SE New Mexico areas official switch is March 2nd, I know one of the network engineers personally

Feedback Score
    For the business people, I talked to an Alltel rep in Carlsbad who said that the business phones would ship out on March 2nd and transition date would be either the 22nd or 24th (don't remember what she said). My Alltel phone is a Touch Pro and I am getting an Aria sent to me. So, there you go. That may help someone else with a business account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beeziefied View Post
    Text was sent to handsets today in some SE New Mexico areas official switch is March 2nd, I know one of the network engineers personally
    Hopefully this is correct. I have 5 phones and have not received any texts about it yet. Two of my kid's phones have been trying to go out for a couple months and my phone went out last night. I don't want to have to buy another one when I have a new one in my possession that I can't use yet.

Feedback Score
    my phone is from Roswell NM and I got the text yesterday saying march 2nd would be the transition date

Feedback Score
    I am in Las Cruces. I just got a text message on my phones saying that our transition date is March 3.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I know our local stir here in Roswell is in Alltel shutdown mode they are ready and I know my friends that have iPhones already here say they have had 3G service for like 2 weeks now.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Clay everything here points to a tomorrow transition, any idea what time this should happen, I want to upgrade to an iPhone tomorrow so i will be in line at the store when it opens, will they be operational to do as such at 9:00 am when the open.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried to swap a "free comparable" phone at an AT&T location yet?

Q: If I don't like the FREE phone or data service you send me, what are my options?
    A: If after receiving your phone or data device you decide that you would like a different one, you will have 30 days to exchange it for a different but comparable phone.

Just wondering if the replacement phone options have changed?
    Or are they still:
    Dumbphone lines
    -Pantech Link
    -Nokia 6350
    -Samsung Eternity II
    -Samsung Strive
    -Samsung A777
    -Samsung Rugby II

Smartphone lines
    -All of the above +
    -HTC Aria
    -Palm Pre Plus
    -Crackberry

If you did swap a phone, how did it go?

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (Alltel)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, I hope we switch tomorrow. My Q is getting simply unbearable, and I would love to chunk it at a wall tomorrow morning as I carry my Aria to school!

Now, does anybody know what happens when the "switch" takes place? Like, will we all get a mass SMS directing us to power up our AT&T phones? Or when we power up the new device, is that time that the old CDMA devices are rendered vegetative? All I know is I'm very excited! And I sure do hope it's tomorrow rather than the 3rd.

Sent from my iPod touch 2G using HowardForums app
    Scott M. in New Mexico

Here's a laugh: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=11989818

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    No swaps will be made till the transition is official tomorrow, I will be in line early cause I got sent the Galaxy S by accident and I want the iPhone

Feedback Score
    I am patiently waiting for them to flip the switch. I figure we will hear a big boom or something when the towers get bombarded with new subscribers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast