Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Official Group 3 Transition Discussion (AZ/NM/CO)

Feedback Score
    Farmington -Aztec- Bloomfield area... Just got a voicemail on my land line last night saying the expected transition date for NW Corner of New Mexico is " early to mid APRIL" ! This REALLY SUCKS, BIG TIME. I hope this is not a sample of future service from AT&T. I realize they want to have the bugs worked out before the transition, but my current phone is getting close to crapping out (stuff is falling off of it), and my new phone is charged up and happily laying there, idle.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (Alltel)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, I guess everyone's been too busy playing with their new devices. My Aria is doing great! I only wish there were an Otter Box for it. And I really need a data plan! Sure sucks being tethered to Wi-Fi, which isn't at my school (being as it is stuck in 1955). I may just exchange it for a dumbphone, I don't know. So, how is everyone else's transition going?

Sent from my iPod touch 2G using HowardForums app
    Scott M. in New Mexico

Here's a laugh: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=11989818

Feedback Score
    I like my Palm Pre Plus so far. Out of my five phones, only one of them didn't work. We took it back and they gave us another one. It quit before we left the store and they had to give us a new SIM card so it would work. One of the problems we are having is that we had just bought my husband a smart phone a few months ago and AT&T doesn't consider it to be a smart phone and gave him the same dumb phone they gave my kids. Now we are paying for a smart phone package for him, but do not have a smart phone. Very frustrating!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You didn't buy him a smart phone, you bought him like an LG touch phone that's a dumb phone Alltel required the smartphone plan on. I agree, that was a ripoff of them - BUT if it was truly only "a few months ago" then you knew that would be the case when you bought the phone...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Happy Friday all!

I'm in Durango (SW colorado) and up until today I have been an illegal "excessive roaming" AT&T customer. My iPhone has shown "Off Network" for the carrier for the past two years I've lived here.

Well this morning was a pleasant surprise!
    Off Network and the little EDGE "E" has now been replaced with AT&T and 3G!!

I've heard the transition date for this area is mid-April for former Alltel customers, so it's nice to know the network is there and almost ready.

Speed isn't too bad. Maybe it'll get better too over the next couple weeks. I'm hoping to hit the slopes this weekend so I'll see if coverage is better up in the mountains now too.

Finally!!!

Sent from my Unknown iPhone using HowardForums
    Last edited by toddlermn; 03-18-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just a quick followup for anyone interested. The thread for this group seems to have dried up.

I finally made it up to the resort here in Durango, and was VERY impressed with the new 3G coverage up there.

Anyone familiar with DMR will know that any coverage past and including Lift 3 is spotty at best (even on Verizon). Well...I had full 3G coverage all the back on Lift 8! It's the farthest away from the main highway, up the valley along hermosa park road. Texting and posting of facebook pics on Lift 8 at DMR was snappy. Well done AT&T!

Also coverage has been rock solid and fast everywhere I've been around Durango. Mostly out on the Mesa, around town, and up the valley to the resort. I've bested the speeds from my previous post too on several occasions.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6