Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Group 4 Transition Discussion (UT/WY/MT/SD/ND/MI/MN/CO/IA/NE)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score

Official Group 4 Transition Discussion (UT/WY/MT/SD/ND/MI/MN/CO/IA/NE)

Please keep all questions and or discussions related to the transition of Group 4 in this thread.

Group 4 includes:

Alltel markets in Iowa, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota & Colorado (former WWC)

Verizon/Unicel markets in Minnesota, Michgian & Nebraska

Current Status:

Pre-select in progress (last day to preselect is 2/4/11)

Transition scheduled to begin in late February

NOTE:This group is further divided into 5 sub groups (4a-4e). I will clarify further as the dates of each sub group are determined.
    Last edited by Clay™; 12-09-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Feedback Score

Question Group 4 isn't the only one that got the mesage

I'm in New Mexico, and got exactly the same message about my phones not shipping until "the late February or March" Which transition group is New Mexico in?
    Last edited by jpcook; 12-09-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling error

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcook View Post
    I'm in New Mexico, and got exactly the same message about my phones not shipping until "the late February or March" Which transition group is New Mexico in?
    You are in Group 3A, confirmed that phones will not ship till early March, in my opinion ATT and Alltel both suck right now, I am am about to complain to high heaven and get outa my contract with no ETF and get my deposits back and go to T-Mobile. Why do this to us that have been with Alltel 10 years+ and not give us any explanation. Bad BAD customer service, I guess that's why ATT rank last as a wireless company with consumer reports this year.

Feedback Score
    I am in migration group 4c, in one of the two RSAs in IA that is being transitioned to AT&T. I also got the Feb/March message, but curious which discussion I should be in, as IA isn't listed on any of the 3 transition discussions.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akooima View Post
    I am in migration group 4c, in one of the two RSAs in IA that is being transitioned to AT&T. I also got the Feb/March message, but curious which discussion I should be in, as IA isn't listed on any of the 3 transition discussions.

Where do you live exactly

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Clay I am confused you say that the above states should transition late Feb but NM,AZ,and Co should also, thats a huge amount of activations and transfers and unless the backbone in all states in is a +7 data considering that it will be alot of iPhones out there. That sounds like a worse data crash then they had on the first launch of the iPhone. Just a thought.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beeziefied View Post
    Clay I am confused you say that the above states should transition late Feb but NM,AZ,and Co should also, thats a huge amount of activations and transfers and unless the backbone in all states in is a +7 data considering that it will be alot of iPhones out there. That sounds like a worse data crash then they had on the first launch of the iPhone. Just a thought.
    New and completely seperate backbone for the entire AT&T 3G network. NM is indeed in Group 3 and was originally scheduled to go live tomorrow but has been pushed back til Feb/Mar. Group 4 was originally scheduled to transition in January but have been pushed back to Feb/Mar.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I live in MN in an area where Verizon/Unicel is transitioning to AT&T. Current Verizon customers just got a letter last week that the conversion in this area is still on target, for around mid January. They are being told that they will be shipped a week before. I also found out that the towers in this area are expected to be completed by Jan 23rd. Hmmm.... I would think that the tower completion should be done BEFORE Jan 15th??? I went to my local Unicel store today and lo and behold, the AT&T signage was being installed to the storefront by electricians. Apparently it will be covered up for a bit until the official transition.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beeziefied View Post
    Where do you live exactly

Northwest Iowa.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akooima View Post
    Northwest Iowa.
    You are in-fact in 4A which is the last group to be transitioned. No telling when Good luck nothing like have your CC on a hold for a 4 to 6 month period. I did call the Alltel call center and ask them to let me out of my contract and get my deposit back so I can just move to ATT now on my own and then wouldn't go that far YET. But then did give me two brand new Alltel phones for my inconvenience, so I guess I am good for now.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm wondering if anybody else has been offered the Nation 500 FamilyTalk w/Rollover Minutes plan as an option for upgrading from Alltel. The lowest price FamilyTalk plan they offer me is the Nation 700.

Will the 500 even be offered to new customers after the transition???

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm kinda confused that as an alltel customer using the att.com/chooseemyphone (sic) process I am asked to pony up $100 or more for the same handset AT&T is giving away otherwise. At first I thought it must be that activation fee that makes the difference.

But I think I was mistaken.

Looking at AT&T in several other markets near and far, for example, Aria, Pre Plus, Captivate, SonyEricson smartphones are free or $.01 (w/free shipping & waived activation fee) for customers signing a new contract via website att.com.

But when I want to upgrade via att.com/choosemyphone website I am asked to pay $100 for those and I don't have the $60/month familytalk plan available as an option. But I still have to extend (or sign a new) contract!

Is that based on my current plan?? Why would they offer a better deal to new customers than to a customer they're forcing to make a change? I mean a new contract is a new contract, right?? What's the difference?

Has this been the case in all situations or just with me? Or just my area??

I'm perplexed.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    izzaboo, you're looking at Christmas promo prices on refurb handsets. You're neither getting a refurb, not getting a handset during the Christmas promo period. The Choose My Phone site matches the normal pricing on those handsets.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by izzaboo View Post
    I'm wondering if anybody else has been offered the Nation 500 FamilyTalk w/Rollover Minutes plan as an option for upgrading from Alltel. The lowest price FamilyTalk plan they offer me is the Nation 700.

Will the 500 even be offered to new customers after the transition???
    Yes, you can change your plan anytime. Only the most common plans are available for pre-select.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    izzaboo, you're looking at Christmas promo prices on refurb handsets. You're neither getting a refurb, not getting a handset during the Christmas promo period. The Choose My Phone site matches the normal pricing on those handsets.
    Ah. The Holidays. Looks like that sale just ended, prices are back up on most of the handsets (refurb & new) that I mentioned.

Pre Plus (new) is still free, however at AT&T and LetsTalk. They can't pay people to take them.

And, the Pre Plus is still $99 at choose my phone and $80 at bestbuy.

Ah well. They can't offer all the plans (not enough room on the webpage, I guess) so it makes some sense they can't offer all the deals either. BTW, this is the first time during *all* of this that I felt at all sour about the options. I still think they're doing a tremendous job handling this complicated transition. I'll be getting a good deal either way, my contract is eligible for upgrade....my wife's, the primary line, is eligible in 4 months.

Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast