Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Group 4 Transition Discussion (UT/WY/MT/SD/ND/MI/MN/CO/IA/NE)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    Yes, you can change your plan anytime. Only the most common plans are available for pre-select.
    Yay! I did finally find an answer to this in att.com support pages. Looks like you can even change it online.

So I figured we'd just switch to the 550 plan later. Its like $10/mo difference.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    i have been getting the run around on this question... right now i have a HTC Touch Pro and i want to get the samsung captivate which is apparently higher in the price range... as of right now alltel is saying i have to wait until att decides when allow upgrades using my existing plan.. has anyone has this problem? do i just have to wait it out until later? im just confused on the whole thing, i don't want to spend $199 and end up on ATT plan.. i have the best plan of all the cell companies so far.. alltel is a little confused on this also, they are possibly thinking i have to upgrade my phone with alltel before i can transition to get the captivate
    anyone who has already transitioned have this problem?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofwar19d View Post
    i have been getting the run around on this question... right now i have a HTC Touch Pro and i want to get the samsung captivate which is apparently higher in the price range... as of right now alltel is saying i have to wait until att decides when allow upgrades using my existing plan.. has anyone has this problem? do i just have to wait it out until later? im just confused on the whole thing, i don't want to spend $199 and end up on ATT plan.. i have the best plan of all the cell companies so far.. alltel is a little confused on this also, they are possibly thinking i have to upgrade my phone with alltel before i can transition to get the captivate
    anyone who has already transitioned have this problem?
    If you upgrade to the Captivate from the Touch Pro during preselect you must change to an AT&T plan and pay 199.99. If you wait until after the transition you must be eligible to upgrade and could keep your plan as long as you stay in the same device class (no iphone or bb).

However, if I were you.... I would upgrade to the HTC Desire in the next two days for 99.99 (after $100 rebate) and then select the Captivate as your free replacement. That way you get to keep your plan and save $100 on the captivate.

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone 8, iPad Pro, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Question: After the transition, will we be able to change our smartchoice plan to different minutes, add lines etc.? Better yet, will I still be able to add a data card line with unlimited data for $50? Or will we be stuck on whatever plan we are on when the transition happened?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    Question: After the transition, will we be able to change our smartchoice plan to different minutes, add lines etc.? Better yet, will I still be able to add a data card line with unlimited data for $50? Or will we be stuck on whatever plan we are on when the transition happened?
    Lots of hypotheticals but for the most part you can keep your plan, add lines (if you had a family plan at conversion) and add/remove certain features for the forseeable future. It gets tricky when you start talking about increasing minutes because it will be possible in some cases but not in others.

If you upgrade to a phone that has device specific requirements not currently on your plan you may be required to change to an AT&T plan (blackberry to iphone, blackberry to android/win/palm, android/win/palm to blackberry, android/win/palm to iphone).

If you already have the required feature you can keep your plan (blackberry to blackberry, android/win/palm to android/win/palm).

There are always exceptions and the Alltel plans will exist in AT&T's system but will be locked down for normal customer service/retail reps. Only special groups with access to expired rate plans/features can make changes within the Alltel plans.

The $50 unlimited data card will be gone. If you have it before conversion you get to keep it, including unlimited date but once you convert the only options are the current AT&T offerings (no unlimited).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There are always exceptions and the Alltel plans will exist in AT&T's system but will be locked down for normal customer service/retail reps. Only special groups with access to expired rate plans/features can make changes within the Alltel plans.
    Will you be part of that special group?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    Will you be part of that special group?
    Not that I am aware of.

Feedback Score
    well crap... the main reason i wanted to keep alltel was for the unlimited data on my phone... because i like to use it as a modem on my computer when im on the road.... <sigh>

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    well crap... the main reason i wanted to keep alltel was for the unlimited data on my phone... because i like to use it as a modem on my computer when im on the road.... <sigh>
    Upgrade to a Desire now and you can get the Captivate for free and keep your unlimited Alltel data plan.

Feedback Score
    Upgrade to a Desire now and you can get the Captivate for free and keep your unlimited Alltel data plan.
    ok thats what i was expecting...

do you know anything about that $99 promotion? i have been looking everywhere and cant find it

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ok thats what i was expecting...

do you know anything about that $99 promotion? i have been looking everywhere and cant find it
    I know it is currently $199.99 in Alltel Retail stores and then you get $100 back via mail in rebate. It goes up $50 after friday.

Feedback Score
    Hey there. I've been lurking on these forums and want to thank everyone for all the valuable info. I have a little bit of a different question. My wife and I are both on Alltel and are switching over (we live in nw MT) and over the past couple weeks we have had trouble with people calling us, where they get an error that says that they need to dial an area code to reach us followed with a different error if they redial using the area code. I ran into another Alltel user who is experiencing the same thing. It is random and will clear up sometimes. Is this because of the transition? Thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm in MT also and have been having strange things happen also. For awhile my Dad couldn't call me, it went straight to voicemail but nobody else had problems getting hold of me. That cleared up and now when I call out occasionally I get a message that my call can't be completed. Have been seeing signal fluctuation to. I have assumed its because of the transition and haven't bothered calling it in..

Feedback Score
    im in NW montana and ive never had a problem with my service (minus driving through valleys, which is a no brainer... but montana isn't exactly up-to-date in the electronics industry.. i have one buddy that i cant connect to sometimes but i think that has to do with different companies... other than that im golden (watch att screw that up for me) ive been 100% satisfied with alltel for about 7ish years and never had they screwed up... once they even called me to tell me i was over my minutes and asked me if i wanted to pay the 300 or upgrade my service for a couple bucks... again no brainer... then the next month i just reduced it back to my original plan... now i don't know about any other companies except sprint (screwed over by them WAY to many times, and i didn't even have a cell phone through them)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mentalward, assuming you're in Kalispell, I've been having the same problem too.

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast