Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Group 4 Transition Discussion (UT/WY/MT/SD/ND/MI/MN/CO/IA/NE)

Feedback Score
    quick question,

I have 2 desires, 2 heros, and one V3 I go to the choose my phone site and the only free droid option I have for the four smart phone lines is the aria. Am I doing something wrong?

Feedback Score
    I understand that it is taking longer than originally thought. The one thing I would like is to know when I will actually be billed for upgraded phones. And I could always use my new phone as a plain Ipod until the cells are switched over.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how much longer we have to upgrade phones to get the premium pre-selects? ie, captivate?

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moto_xer125 View Post
    Does anyone know how much longer we have to upgrade phones to get the premium pre-selects? ie, captivate?
    Considering the cut-off date is 1/26, I guess I'd assume probably around the 20th. I put a Tour on my 3rd line 5 days ago and it still hasn't updated to the Torch/Captivate tier.

EDIT: Make that 7 days ago with no update.
    Last edited by mick662; 01-18-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    so my friend who was already on at&t and had only edge service here in nebraska is now reciving 3G. Does that mean the switch is soon for nebraska, eariler then expected?

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone 8, iPad Pro, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPots View Post
    so my friend who was already on at&t and had only edge service here in nebraska is now reciving 3G. Does that mean the switch is soon for nebraska, eariler then expected?
    Where are you located in NE?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T nee Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I've been watching this thread for a while. Not any more information on my end of course, just wanted to join the speculation club and the sullen wait of unknown length. I'm in group 4C. I ran my pre-order on the very first day, October 16th, I switched from being on Verizon for more than 10 years because I figured it would be the earliest chance at the iPhone even though I knew the then rumors about the Verizon iPhone were probably true (and now we know they were right). I remain optimistic because that saved me quite a bit of money - a better plan (for six months or so) than I was on and $100 credit for switching.
    But now with the chance of being overtaken by the V-crowd.. oh well. No big deal.
    The only thing I wish is AT&T's communicative start to the migration would have continued. We had detailed information, letters and emails. Things get delayed and we get a poorly worded text message?? When the letters were sent, the cutoff date was January 15, and now AT&T reps are pointing people on Facebook to the same information on their site that has been updated to January 7! So am I to take that as a positive sign? Probably not.
    One thing I haven't been able to find anywhere is what boundaries and schedules of all the migration groups are spelled out explicitly, yet it seems like there are people on this board that know this information. I shouldn't sound accusatory, I (and most others here) really appreciate the "insider" info. Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by knitnerd; 01-18-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: misspelled something

Feedback Score
    I am in South East South Dakota.
    I have a question that hopefully someone can answer.
    My parents went into our local Alltel store (local owner) and were talked into buying new phones, signing a new
    contract since there contract has long since expired. They were told that if they didn't have a current contract that ATT could and probably would force them into an ATT plan instead of the one that they currently used (National Freedom 1400) Is that true? Is there a chance that they could force a change if not currently under contract with Alltel? I have been without a contract for several years now (I like purchasing phones off Ebay) and would like to know the truth on this one.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    Where are you located in NE?
    i am in the area of 68025

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    knon, my understanding is that the truth is that was a wonderful way for that guy to make some commission based off of FUD. I'm not sure, but that's my understanding.

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone 8, iPad Pro, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPots View Post
    i am in the area of 68025
    I believe that area is native att coverage that was just upgraded to 3G

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mick662 View Post
    Considering the cut-off date is 1/26, I guess I'd assume probably around the 20th. I put a Tour on my 3rd line 5 days ago and it still hasn't updated to the Torch/Captivate tier.

I just swapped out my Hero for a Desire last night. They told me I'd see the change in pre-select in 3-5 days.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knon2000 View Post
    My parents went into our local Alltel store (local owner) and were talked into buying new phones, signing a new
    contract since there contract has long since expired. They were told that if they didn't have a current contract that ATT could and probably would force them into an ATT plan instead of the one that they currently used (National Freedom 1400) Is that true? Is there a chance that they could force a change if not currently under contract with Alltel? I have been without a contract for several years now (I like purchasing phones off Ebay) and would like to know the truth on this one.
    Thanks
    They were given false information. AT&T is not forcing anyone to change plans. In the future you can change handsets and keep your plan as long as your plan supports the handset you would like to use. Iphones specifically require an AT&T plan and some other smartphones may require features that arent compatible with your current plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mick662

Quote Originally Posted by moto_xer125 View Post
    I just swapped out my Hero for a Desire last night. They told me I'd see the change in pre-select in 3-5 days.

Yeah, well, good luck with that. Honestly, I hope it happens that way for you. Mine just updated tonight. That's 8 days. Cutoff is 7 days. If it doesn't happen in 3, I'd go to a store. Apparently, there's a department or something they can email if it takes too long to update. That's what I was told at the local store. Cclay will straighten me out if this is wrong.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knon2000 View Post
    Thanks
    This wasn't "Your Wireless Store" in Yankton by chance? Lots of misinformation flying about in that place. Always has been. Dumba** name for a store anyway. That should be the first clue.

Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast