Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Group 4 Transition Discussion (UT/WY/MT/SD/ND/MI/MN/CO/IA/NE)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mick662 View Post
    Yeah, well, good luck with that. Honestly, I hope it happens that way for you. Mine just updated tonight. That's 8 days. Cutoff is 7 days. If it doesn't happen in 3, I'd go to a store. Apparently, there's a department or something they can email if it takes too long to update. That's what I was told at the local store. Cclay will straighten me out if this is wrong.
    Absolutely correct. If it doesnt update by day 8 then either call your local store manager or PM me for more info.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the answers on the contract issues. I doubted what they were told, but I just wanted to be sure. As far as the store, it was Long Lines Wireless in Yankton. My mother likes going there since it's locally owned.

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knon2000 View Post
    Thanks for the answers on the contract issues. I doubted what they were told, but I just wanted to be sure. As far as the store, it was Long Lines Wireless in Yankton. My mother likes going there since it's locally owned.
    Now I'm confused. Long Lines Wireless is a regional GSM carrier based out of Iowa. After checking their website, however, Yankton is not listed on anymore. I know there are stores here, and Yankton used to be listed on the website. I do know that they have their own towers locally and use AT&T for roaoming. I'm not trying to flame you or call you a liar or anything of the sort; I'm just confused about using Long Lines stores as an Alltel customer.

WARNING: Continue reading only if you wish to see what a blathering idiot I am. Choose wisely! Just reading it may, in fact, make you dumber.

On another OT note, Long Lines has the BB Bold 9700 listed on their site. Very strange considering AT&T hasn't released it yet. In fact, AT&T doesn't have a single Bold listed on their website when I check.
    Last edited by mick662; 01-20-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have always used the Alltel Store on 42nd in Sioux Falls and primarily the ProCellular store in Canton, SD. Both the corp and the mom and pop store have always been great and helpfull.

Just my 2 cents on that.

Feedback Score
    Humm, that is what she called it? I thought they were the one north of 25th, not far from Wendy's. Anyway, it is good to know that they will be honoring my plan even though I am no longer under contract.
    I am very patiently waiting for this changeover to take place. Down here in Houston, it rather sucks being on roaming all the time, lucky for the national freedom plans. If my Alltel plan wasn't so reasonable, I would have switched along time ago.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knon2000 View Post
    Humm, that is what she called it? I thought they were the one north of 25th, not far from Wendy's. Anyway, it is good to know that they will be honoring my plan even though I am no longer under contract.
    I am very patiently waiting for this changeover to take place. Down here in Houston, it rather sucks being on roaming all the time, lucky for the national freedom plans. If my Alltel plan wasn't so reasonable, I would have switched along time ago.
    Yeah, that would be "Your Wireless Store". It's on Fox Run Pkwy. 1/2 block North of 25th, across the street from Wendy's. I heard on the radio today she's now giving a portable DVD player for $9.99 with new activations. I wonder if she knows that AT&T resellers don't get to sell the iPhone (unless that has recently changed, too).

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mick662, AT&T has discontinued the BB Bold 9700. RIM discontinued it that is, LL probably has some extras.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    mick662, AT&T has discontinued the BB Bold 9700. RIM discontinued it that is, LL probably has some extras.
    God I'm stupid. It actually took me this long to realize I was thinking of the Bold 9780.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/At&t
    Feedback Score
    Just wondering if there is any update to when we may be expecting phones to be shipped out?

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by black02si View Post
    Just wondering if there is any update to when we may be expecting phones to be shipped out?
    I second this question!

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    From the sound of it, I would expect phones to show up early March. 4A

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Phones for group 4 will not start shipping until the last week of February at the earliest.

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone 8, iPad Pro, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was in contact with a network engineer that has been working in group 4 areas and he doubted if the network would be ready for customer migration by Feb 22...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    I was in contact with a network engineer that has been working in group 4 areas and he doubted if the network would be ready for customer migration by Feb 22...
    I was wondering about this myself. With all the snow and other nasty weather that has been going, I don't know how they can much work done. That said, I think AT&T will probably try and pull out all the stops to make sure it is completed, because it would be awfully embarrasing to delay it again.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Feedback Score
    I had ordered the torch, and had to re do the order because it is now one of my choices for a free phone, and the person I talked to said my phone will ship on february 7th... And this was just last week that we had this conversation, so people are getting their phones before march...

Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast