Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Official AT&T Transition Handset Selection Discussion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mick662 View Post
    No, you won't get the better Android phone (which is the Samsung Captivate). The Captivate and BB Torch are offered as the higher tier for replacement of the BB Tour 9630, BB Bold 9650, and an Alltel Android phone (Hero, maybe?). Though I am confused about you moving to an AT&T plan. That wasn't required, if I recall. If you're going to move to an AT&T plan, you can pick whatever phone you want, though you may have to pay extra for it.
    No, moving to an AT&T plan was not required, but we wanted to get smartphones, and if they were offering us Aria's for free, then it was a good deal for us. I was just hoping that we could maybe get the better Android phones, but that's ok.

matt

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeckstrom View Post
    No, moving to an AT&T plan was not required, but we wanted to get smartphones, and if they were offering us Aria's for free, then it was a good deal for us. I was just hoping that we could maybe get the better Android phones, but that's ok.

matt
    That's kinda what I was getting at. If you were offered the HTC Aria for a replacement, you still didn't need to change plans. And I think I read here somewhere that you could still add one of the Alltel Connect Packs before the transition so you would be covered with data. My opinion? If you still want to switch to an AT&T plan, do it and select a better phone than the Aria. To be honest, I checked over the AT&T plans a while ago, and there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in price. Your mileage may vary, of course.
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mick662 View Post
    That's kinda what I was getting at. If you were offered the HTC Aria for a replacement, you still didn't need to change plans. And I think I read here somewhere that you could still add one of the Alltel Connect Packs before the transition so you would be covered with data. My opinion? If you still want to switch to an AT&T plan, do it and select a better phone than the Aria. To be honest, I checked over the AT&T plans a while ago, and there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in price. Your mileage may vary, of course.
    So, let me see if I understand - pardon my confusion, this whole migration is very complicated - I can still upgrade to the Aria if they are offered for my upgrade, keep my Alltel plan, and add a (or two actually) connect packs to my current Alltel plan and then when the conversion happens, nothing really changes except my phones? If that is true, I may have to look into that. I will have to do a cost analysis to see which is cheaper. According to my calculations, it was going to be cheaper for me to move to an AT&T Data plan, but I was not looking at the Alltel data plans. I was looking at changing my whole plan.

matt

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeckstrom View Post
    So, let me see if I understand - pardon my confusion, this whole migration is very complicated - I can still upgrade to the Aria if they are offered for my upgrade, keep my Alltel plan, and add a (or two actually) connect packs to my current Alltel plan and then when the conversion happens, nothing really changes except my phones? If that is true, I may have to look into that. I will have to do a cost analysis to see which is cheaper. According to my calculations, it was going to be cheaper for me to move to an AT&T Data plan, but I was not looking at the Alltel data plans. I was looking at changing my whole plan.

matt
    That's the way I understand it. I was also offered the HTC Aria for my two dumbphone lines. The explanation by Clay was that AT&T wasn't certain of what some phones were; so to be safe, they offered the lower smarphone tier.

And I know I read somewhere here (maybe this thread, even) that you can add one of the connect packs for data before the AT&T migration. Hopefully Clay or MowTow will see this and tell us if I'm right or wrong.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Date

So does anyone know the date when we will get our phones? I heard when I was in alltel that it would be late march...

Feedback Score
    AT&T has dropped the Palm Pre Plus from their website yesterday evening. Only HP/Palm device showing is the Palm Pixi Plus. I selected a Palm Pre Plus .... wonder now if I will get it? Or if they will substitute the Pixi Plus (which I do not want)?

See page here: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...id=MzVH6ku4eR3

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PierreGovs View Post
    So does anyone know the date when we will get our phones? I heard when I was in alltel that it would be late march...
    See this page:

http://www.att.com/mergers/alltel/ex...-customers.jsp

Feedback Score
    What do you guys think... im in 4a and my aria has shipped. Its been 2yrs and i can re-up my alltel contract right now. If i did that before the transition i could get the htc desire for $99 with rebate from alltel and than be able to get the captivate from att as the comparable phone. If i stick with the aria, i still am able to re-up at a later time. How will att honor my alltel re-up in the future? Do you think i will be able to get a nicer droid than the captivate anytime soon? Or should i re-up while i can. Keep in mind i want to keep my alltel contract, thanks

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iann View Post
    What do you guys think... im in 4a and my aria has shipped. Its been 2yrs and i can re-up my alltel contract right now. If i did that before the transition i could get the htc desire for $99 with rebate from alltel and than be able to get the captivate from att as the comparable phone. If i stick with the aria, i still am able to re-up at a later time. How will att honor my alltel re-up in the future? Do you think i will be able to get a nicer droid than the captivate anytime soon? Or should i re-up while i can. Keep in mind i want to keep my alltel contract, thanks
    I would wait because you probably cant change out your phones right now. I had the tour from alltel so I got the choice of the Captivate. My contract is also up and im waiting a few months then upgrading to a better at&t phone. But my OPINION is to wait because you will probably upgrade to the desire and still be forced to use the aria for the remainder of your 2 year term.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I believe that if you upgrade to the Desire you WILL be able to exchange the Aria for a Captivate, but ask the store.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16