Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Official AT&T Transition Handset Selection Discussion

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Presumably, that would be the Curve 3G, yes. Too bad - unlike the Bold 9700 - that's a sucky deal for those who have Tours and Bolds on Alltel and want to stay BlackBerry (the Curve has a much worse screen)

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    I just got home to find a letter from Alltel. Yes, it is the Curve 3g they have listed. I'm pissed. Thats a downgrade from the Tour.

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    Presumably, that would be the Curve 3G, yes. Too bad - unlike the Bold 9700 - that's a sucky deal for those who have Tours and Bolds on Alltel and want to stay BlackBerry (the Curve has a much worse screen)
    And camera and keyboard (I much prefer the Tour/Bold keyboard to the Curve's chicklets).

I just wish the option to upgrade didn't have to require a change in contract. I have no problem extending another 2 years, but AT&T is $30/month more expensive plus I'd lose my 7pm nights, go from 16 My Circle numbers to 5 A List, and go from unlimited to 2gb. My other smarphone choices are the Aria which was obsolete before it was released due to gimped specs and the Pre Plus, which runs a great but ignored os but the hardware quality is atrocious. I may just take the get out early option and head to Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Mine is now listing the 9300 as an option

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    The Bold 9700 will be discontinued before the handsets ship to Alltel customers. This was not anticipated and AT&T had intended to have the Bold 9700 as the replacement option. The change to the 9300 is the only option at the current time because the replacement for the Bold 9700 hasnt been given a release date yet.

Feedback Score
    Should you wait then to order a phone?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    Should you wait then to order a phone?
    No reason to wait. The preselection process will most likely be completed before the replacement is available. You can however return to the pre-selection tool and modify your selections anytime during the process.

Feedback Score
    Oh, really? That's pretty nifty - so one could change their minds before the cut-off date, right?

Very interesting. Very cool play on AT&T's part.

EDIT: Any update on wirless card options? I'm assuming the only options would be Velocity, Turbo, and Lightning? (It appears that the velocity would be the best choice with GPS.)

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    They put it in place in case a customer upgraded to a different class of Alltel handset after pre-selecting but before the phones were shipped (this may be several months in some markets).

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    Does the cutoff date for selecting a handset indicate when a market may make the switch? My cutoff date is Nov. 1st, would that indicate a switchover 30 days, 60 days, 90 days?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uli2000 View Post
    Does the cutoff date for selecting a handset indicate when a market may make the switch? My cutoff date is Nov. 1st, would that indicate a switchover 30 days, 60 days, 90 days?
    Unfortunately sharing that information would land my a spot at the unemployment office. I can say that your market is one of the first Alltel markets to make the switch and things are moving along nicely.

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    Unfortunately sharing that information would land my a spot at the unemployment office. I can say that your market is one of the first Alltel markets to make the switch and things are moving along nicely.
    Nice. Guess I'll find out when it gets here.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    Hey, I'm sure all of us here could donate a few bucks to keep you afloat, lol.

Device(s)
    Backberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got an email and when i follow the link on that email to select my phones it takes me to an att website where i can select my phones. However, i am only being offered 1 option in the free phone categories for every one of my 4 lines. Am i missing something or how come i dont get a say as which free phone i get?

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soccr_player007 View Post
    I got an email and when i follow the link on that email to select my phones it takes me to an att website where i can select my phones. However, i am only being offered 1 option in the free phone categories for every one of my 4 lines. Am i missing something or how come i dont get a say as which free phone i get?
    Right above where it says your reccomended phone it will have a hyperlink "Choose an AT&T Phone". When you click on that, it should give you options.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast