Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Official AT&T Transition Handset Selection Discussion

Feedback Score
    Has anyone in North Dakota received the information to select your new phones yet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hillzy76 View Post
    Has anyone in North Dakota received the information to select your new phones yet?
    Not yet still waiting for it.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hillzy76 View Post
    a few more weeks til that happens.

Device(s)
    Backberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uli2000 View Post
    Right above where it says your reccomended phone it will have a hyperlink "Choose an AT&T Phone". When you click on that, it should give you options.
    I saw that, but will selecting any of those phones force me to change my rate plan???

also, so will alltel be gone for good now?? Or will it still exist in certain markets??

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    If you look on the left, you can choose to show free phones, upgraded phones, or both. All the upgraded phones cost some money.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    "also, so will alltel be gone for good now?? Or will it still exist in certain markets??"

Alltel remains as the operating name of Allied Wireless Communications Corp, a subsidiary of Atlantic Tele-Network

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    No reason to wait. The preselection process will most likely be completed before the replacement is available. You can however return to the pre-selection tool and modify your selections anytime during the process.
    My phone selection is from 10/16/10 to 1/15/11. Now, AT&T says if you don't choose a phone, they will pick the comparable phone and send it out. So does that mean I have until 1/15 to make the choice before they just send one out? If so I'll wait and hope the Bold 9780 is released in Oct or Nov as rumored and is added to the list. Otherwise I'll just have to take what they give me and sell it to buy a Torch.

Also, are we going to have to turn in whatever phone is on our account once service is changed over? I've got a Bold and a Tour now, and if we have to turn in phones I'd like to turn in the Tour. That way I can keep the Bold and keep using it as a second phone.
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mick I haven't heard anything about turning in Alltel phones...but I will note that your Tour and your Bold aren't that useful on AT&T. Both phone are CDMA 850/1900, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, and UMTS 2100.

AT&T's new network is UMTS 850 (maybe 1900 also?). There is some existing GSM in the area. Some really bad Alltel GSM 850 and GSM 1900, and some even worse AT&T GSM 1900 in isolated areas like part of Missoula, MT.

I do not know if AT&T is building any additional GSM coverage in our markets or not. If not, you'll have really bad coverage with your Alltel BlackBerry. Even if they do, you'll have very low data speeds with your Alltel BlackBerry.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any info on the choices of data cards?

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone X, iPad Pro, LG V30, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post

AT&T's new network is UMTS 850 (maybe 1900 also?).
    That's what I have been wondering if its going to be only 850 or both? Or is it going to be different for each area?

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    mick I haven't heard anything about turning in Alltel phones...but I will note that your Tour and your Bold aren't that useful on AT&T. Both phone are CDMA 850/1900, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, and UMTS 2100.

AT&T's new network is UMTS 850 (maybe 1900 also?). There is some existing GSM in the area. Some really bad Alltel GSM 850 and GSM 1900, and some even worse AT&T GSM 1900 in isolated areas like part of Missoula, MT.

I do not know if AT&T is building any additional GSM coverage in our markets or not. If not, you'll have really bad coverage with your Alltel BlackBerry. Even if they do, you'll have very low data speeds with your Alltel BlackBerry.
    I'm just assuming they'll work like the Storm that some people have been using on AT&T-no 3G. That's fine for me for a second phone. What I'd do is use the old Alltel phone during the day for work (construction) since 3G isn't an issue. Then I'd keep the new AT&T phone as a good phone. Unfortunately, it looks as if my Alltel Bold and Tour are both better than what I'll be getting from AT&T. I checked eBay for prices on the Torch and they're ridiculous, as usual. They're going for more than the no-commitment price from AT&T. Some idiots even have them listed for $700-$900.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Correct, no 3G - but what I'm saying is AT&T 2G GSM here might be terrible. We just don't know yet. AT&T's making a big deal out of their new 3G network. Are they even building new GSM? Or are they just going to have what Alltel already has for GSM (it's unusable...)?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What I do know is that 3G is supposed to be available in most all of the launch areas immediately or almost immediately.

As for if they will be using Alltels old GSM, I would say it's possible but would likely be much improved. Some AT&T customers I have dealt with have already seen an improvement. So I'm pretty sure things won't be as bad as some think once its all said and done.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    In Utah, the existing 2G GSM hardware is being replaced with AT&T hardware and increased capacity. It is also being added to the towers that currently have no GSM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good to know! Thanks clay!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast