Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: flashing a sprint lg optimus to metro pcs?

Feedback Score

flashing a sprint lg optimus to metro pcs?

I have a brand new optimus that has never even been activated that I would like to flash to metro pcs but have not read or heard anything about anyone flashing this particular phone.

Please if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

Feedback Score
    Hello,

Yes I have the Sprint LG Optimums working on Metro but I haven't post up the tutorial for free yet but I can give you a few tips to get you moving if you want to try and figure it out yourself.

First if it hasn't been activated your probably stuck at the Registration screen when you boot the phone up. There are a few ways to get rid of this screen that have been posted around the forums but most of them either don't work or would only be attempted by an armature.

The way I recommend is to use the voice search button on the side of the phone - from here you can turn on debugging which will allow you all your adb commands and will enable you to root the phone and load a custom recovery

Once you do that you can go into the custom recovery and load a custom rom for the phone and your in and ready to flash it over to Metro!!!!!!

How do you actually flash it from there?

Well the Nam programming should be a breeze for you but it's the dang PRL's that seem to not want to stick.....

That’s all the direction I can provide at the moment hope this gets you going.

Elisa191

Feedback Score
    Hi Elisa191,
    Can you help me flash this phone to metropcs as well. I really need the steps to get this done. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    CPRS123

Phone
    HTC One S
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Elisa191, you're gonna charge for the tutorial when there are plenty of other guides and tutorials on these forums for free? Post the tutorial up and setup a paypal Donate system, if you want something for it then thats the way to do it.

Feedback Score

It's Not About The Money!!!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Helgaiden View Post
    Elisa191, you're gonna charge for the tutorial when there are plenty of other guides and tutorials on these forums for free? Post the tutorial up and setup a paypal Donate system, if you want something for it then thats the way to do it.
    Hello guys,

Sorry but maybe I'm a little misunderstood...... this isn't about the money....... it's about keeping the 14 year old next door from copying my solution off of HF and flashing out of his mothers car for 1/2 the price I do during his lunch break at school.

I do this for a living!

That scenario above is not paranoia it is what I and most other developer/real flashers have been dealing with for the past two years. Thats why many of us don't post up our ongoing work on the forums anymore and have changed usernames! Ya theres all kinds of tutorials posted for free.....50% are junk or old phones no one is flashing anymore 10% stolen and posted 10% in development and once the developers hit the wap and mms no more info 5% clean.

I know it sounds good..... just post a donate link...... but that doesn't work people want everything for nothing....no money.....no effort.....nothing

Case and point..... I posted up plenty of information to get you guys going and yet after a couple of weeks not one post where someone made an attempt to start the process and report back to the community.

This is a pretty easy phone to figure out IF you guys start working through it I am confident you'll get it.

So the answer Helgaiden is NO I am not charging for my tutorial....... I don't sell any of my work thats the only way to keep it from getting leaked on the forums...

Pretty sad isn't it.

******* TRY THIS ********

Instead of posting asking me for the free tutorial post telling me where your stuck and we can go from there.

Thanks all,

Elisa191

Feedback Score

thanks.... or not

So you say not one responce on starting the process correct?
    The issue is although I am relitivly decent with computers and electronics in general,
    It will be my first attempt at reprograming a phone. I understand that lg models are basicly un brickable but in knowing myself, I have to say that I would be the one person able fudge it up enough to brick it. then a brand new fresh out of the box four hundred ish phone would end up down the toliet so to speak. Sooooo, when I start, having all the instructions on hand is the only way I feel I could go.

~Besotted'
    pleasehireme25@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    You have answered one of my questions: which do you do first flash or root. I am new to all of this, but I was going to try it. I was thinking that if I root the phone and load a custom rom, I could take it to metro and they would flash my phone for $10.00. I have not let them flash it yet because they said I would not be able to get the web. Are they referring to a phone that has not been rooted? Is this the same flash that you mention above? I believe they use a program called houdinisoft to flash the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spd-racer View Post
    You have answered one of my questions: which do you do first flash or root. I am new to all of this, but I was going to try it. I was thinking that if I root the phone and load a custom rom, I could take it to metro and they would flash my phone for $10.00. I have not let them flash it yet because they said I would not be able to get the web. Are they referring to a phone that has not been rooted? Is this the same flash that you mention above? I believe they use a program called houdinisoft to flash the phone.

Hello,

MetroPCS uses the Houdinisoft and they can program your phone onto there system without you doing anything to it but you will only get talk and text.

There are custom roms available for that phone on Metro - Cricket - Verizon & Sprint (Google will be your friend)

If you root the phone and use Z4 (there is a hint) it will flash a custom recovery onto your phone and from there (Google how to boot phone into custom recovery) you can load any of the custom roms which I would do even if you just want talk and text!!!!!!

Now, you can go to metro and for $10.00 let them nam program your phone or you could do it yourself. I don't think they will really do it for $10.00 usually my experience is its $10.00 if your putting it on a new account ($50.00 altogether) but Im not sure.

Remember if you decide to go this route you can work on the wap and mms settings after......

You can also set all the nam settings with QPST (Google) all the settings for metro are available here on HF so search for them.

If you get this far please post up your steps for everyone else....

Thanks

Elisa191

Feedback Score

Your Welcome! or not?

Quote Originally Posted by besotted View Post
    So you say not one responce on starting the process correct?
    The issue is although I am relitivly decent with computers and electronics in general,
    It will be my first attempt at reprograming a phone. I understand that lg models are basicly un brickable but in knowing myself, I have to say that I would be the one person able fudge it up enough to brick it. then a brand new fresh out of the box four hundred ish phone would end up down the toliet so to speak. Sooooo, when I start, having all the instructions on hand is the only way I feel I could go.

~Besotted'
    pleasehireme25@gmail.com
    Hello Besotted,

Well this is a great phone to start with! It is a decent little phone that is hard to mess up.

With that said........ If you do a fair amount of flashing your going to screw up phones!!!!!

I've been doing this a long time and just last night I toasted a customers Intercept!!!!! (I flashed three of them earlier in the day too!)

But my advice, this being your first flash, is to wait back and watch the forum until one of the guys posts back there success with the steps they took then try them out yourself.

For instance, someone soon (Like Spd-racer) is probably going to root the phone and load a custom rom on it then post back here with the steps he used and links to the rom and root program. Then you can try it and post back a confirmation that it works!

Hope this does eventually help you!

Elisa191

Feedback Score
    Well I successfully rooted my phone the lg optimus last night. I will try the custom recovery and then try to load a custom rom on it. Do I need a custom rom specific for metro pcs, or can any custom rom work, for example, thunderom?There is a great post with step by step instructions for the rooting of the phone, I tried the z4root but it did not take so after following the adb method several times it finally rooted. here is the post, make sure you use the copy and paste technique in the cmd mode--http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-roms-hacks/43108-how-root-lg-optimus-s.html
    This post has a lot of info for the lg optimus s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elisa191 View Post
    How do you actually flash it from there?

Well the Nam programming should be a breeze for you but it's the dang PRL's that seem to not want to stick.....

That’s all the direction I can provide at the moment hope this gets you going.

Elisa191
    Success in part!! I just now have the phone rooted, and ran the custom recovery, and flashed a custom rom now all I need is to get it flashed to metro pcs. Her is the link to the custom recovery I used. post 76 is quite helpful to noobes. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...rc-sprint.html
    Here is the link to the custom rom, I used thunderrom. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...14-2010-a.html

I just have one final hurdle to cross, that is getting to the metro pcs network. Elisa191 eluded to a solution, and if you have a way to get the rest of the way I would appreciate it. Metro pcs said that houdinisoft does not have a flash for this phone yet. So far I really love this phone and the Wifi works great. It would just be nice to call someone. lol I do not know what a nam is or a prl, I guess I will keep looking. when I started this I did not know anything about any of this stuff. If any of you have any advice for me on getting this fully converted i would welcome it.
    Thanks,
    spd-racer

Feedback Score

Good Job

Quote Originally Posted by spd-racer View Post
    Success in part!! I just now have the phone rooted, and ran the custom recovery, and flashed a custom rom now all I need is to get it flashed to metro pcs. Her is the link to the custom recovery I used. post 76 is quite helpful to noobes. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...rc-sprint.html
    Here is the link to the custom rom, I used thunderrom. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...14-2010-a.html

I just have one final hurdle to cross, that is getting to the metro pcs network. Elisa191 eluded to a solution, and if you have a way to get the rest of the way I would appreciate it. Metro pcs said that houdinisoft does not have a flash for this phone yet. So far I really love this phone and the Wifi works great. It would just be nice to call someone. lol I do not know what a nam is or a prl, I guess I will keep looking. when I started this I did not know anything about any of this stuff. If any of you have any advice for me on getting this fully converted i would welcome it.
    Thanks,
    spd-racer

Great Job .........

Now your about ready to go, since your not a full time flasher the easiest way (Not the cheapest) to get your phones MEID added to metro is to go on Ebay and search for someone to do it for you. Also, if you don't have an existing account make sure they will set one up for you as it will make thing much easy for you. Cost is about $50.00 with the account

Once thats done they will send you your MDN (Phone Number) and your MIN (Google it) these are the two numbers you need to get your phone programed to metro.

There are all kinds of posts on HF on how to set the Nam programing to metro and what their setting are.

Also, use QPST for this phone

Hope this helps,

elisa191

Phone
    HTC One S
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elisa191 View Post
    Great Job .........

Now your about ready to go, since your not a full time flasher the easiest way (Not the cheapest) to get your phones MEID added to metro is to go on Ebay and search for someone to do it for you. Also, if you don't have an existing account make sure they will set one up for you as it will make thing much easy for you. Cost is about $50.00 with the account

Once thats done they will send you your MDN (Phone Number) and your MIN (Google it) these are the two numbers you need to get your phone programed to metro.

There are all kinds of posts on HF on how to set the Nam programing to metro and what their setting are.

Also, use QPST for this phone

Hope this helps,

elisa191

Why couldnt a Metro store just do this? I recently did a 2nd droid Eris for a friend and called around to all the metro stores local to me and they all said they dont flash smartphones over. Fair enough...i just called up the guy i originally had do mine about 40 miles away from me and he said he could do it still, so i had him do it. I know is possible, not sure why some places do it and some places dont but as far as getting the phone in Metro's system, dont assume you have to find a 3rd party ebay type deal to do it. Call around to all your local (and maybe not so local) metro stores (the corporate ones wont do it but its worth a call anyways i suppose) and ask them if they can flash it over.

I even wonder if an Optimus M rom would work on an Optimus S to enable full functionality (web/mms/etc)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgaiden View Post

I even wonder if an Optimus M rom would work on an Optimus S to enable full functionality (web/mms/etc)
    The optimus m has a little different button setup and will not work correctly with a optimus s rom. I did see that from another post I read.

I was also wondering why I could not just go to the metro pcs store and get them to enter my MEID into their system and then give me the phone # and the MIN #. I do not think I need them to flash my phone. I found the qpst program and was able to go to the sprint store and ask for my msl/spc #. They gave it to me in about 30 sec. I took a look around with the QPST program and it is quite a lot of settings that can be changed.

Phone
    HTC One S
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well im not sure what the status of custom recovery and custom ROMs for the Optimus is but if an Optimus M rom could be modified for an Optimus S's button scheme then loaded as a custom ROM, that might work. XDA developers might be able to do that, maybe easily even who knows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast