Thread: LG 290c on Verizon always roaming

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

LG 290c on Verizon always roaming

Any one know if you can stop a LG290 from roaming. There is two CDMA networks in my home area and the local company (cellcom) has a stronger signal then Verizon. So my phone is always on roam and it stops me from being able to send and receive MMS or use the browser.
    Technology nut, that loves to get in way over my head just to see how things work.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    On my LG phone (not the 290c) go to - phone settings > select system and select "home only". If your phone is activated on Verizon it will only connect to VZW when set to "home only". However if a VZW signal is not available your phone will not roam when using that setting.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I tried that a few times. It seems to still default to the other network. It will jump off roam for a short while and then go right back on roam. Something happened a few weeks ago. It was fine the fist couple months I had it. I was told the local cell company boosted their towers. I noticed that about that time I could go anywhere and always had awesome signal. Better then ever before. Just that it's on Roam all the time.

Feedback Score
    Try doing *22890 again. I deliberately set my network to Automatic A (which is incorrect) just to see what would happen. When I did *22890, it switched back to Automatic B. So the programming sets the phone the way Verizon wants it. I then did *22891. I can't think of anything else.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Try doing *22890 again. I deliberately set my network to Automatic A (which is incorrect) just to see what would happen. When I did *22890, it switched back to Automatic B. So the programming sets the phone the way Verizon wants it. I then did *22891. I can't think of anything else.

Can't do a PRL update. I have tried. Because it is roaming it won't let me. Keep getting an error message.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Something does not seem right. Your phone should not roam when set to "home only". The purpose of the setting is to prevent roaming charges as levied by some carriers. I've tested the home only setting a few times and it works on the 2-3 phones I've tried it on.

As Lisme suggests I would travel to a known Verizon signal and reprogram your phone and its PRL.

Feedback Score
    I agree that something isn't right. Your phone should stay on Verizon if that is available. Are you sure that it was on Verizon in the first place? You might have been assigned to the local company. Check your SID and phone number against a database.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Enter your pnone number on this site and hit submit. The next page will confirm your provider.
    https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Enter your pnone number on this site and hit submit. The next page will confirm your provider.
    https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp
    I used the website and it does show me that Verizon is my network. I talked to someone last night that has an actual Verizon phone in town here. He said that he was having issues with his Verizon phone a couple weeks ago and he confirmed that the other CDMA carrier in town boosted their signal and that is when his problems began. He said they told him they would have a fix that he needed to bring in his phone and he hasn't yet. I would assume they are going to do some type of update for him.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Remember, you can enter anyones cell phone number on this site to see their service provider. So keep the link handy.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well i spent over hour on the phone with CS at the executive resolutions. They had me entering codes and reseting the phone and in the end they had nothing for me. Now they told me they would have someone work on the problem and get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. That was about 60 hours ago. Looks like I will have to deal with it.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ztekdesign View Post
    Well i spent over hour on the phone with CS at the executive resolutions. They had me entering codes and reseting the phone and in the end they had nothing for me. Now they told me they would have someone work on the problem and get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. That was about 60 hours ago. Looks like I will have to deal with it.
    You need to understand that this is their tried and true way of getting off the phone with you and moving on to their next call.