Thread: DINC erases every text message I've had automatically? WT..?

Feedback Score

Angry DINC erases every text message I've had automatically? WT..?

WTF! This happened before and I did a full reset of the phone hoping it was just a glitch in the software, but apparently it is not. I like to collect text messages from friends, gf, etc, so I have a lot on the phone. Somehow, randomly, my whole list of texts from each contact automatically gets dumped on the phone. My settings are to keep all texts, not to automatically do a system dump.

Anyone else have this issue at all?? Really upsetting right now.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    whoreizon
    Feedback Score
    I have had the DInc since May or June 2010. This reset has happened to me on 3 different occasions. I called Verizon 2 times and they "never heard of this problem" and could not help me.

Glad (I think) to see someone else having this problem also. Can anyone answer this ?

Is there a Limit to the number of messages received before this auto clears?
    Are the messages still in storage, but you can;t get to them ?

Whats the dealyo ?

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    whoreizon
    Feedback Score
    I think I have a solution ?

In poking around on the HTC site, the Verizon site, here on Howard Forums and onto the "official" pages, It seems that there is a "bug" but not a "bug".

If memory is getting low on the DInc, while receiving or replying to a message IF the DInc can not write the message, it corrupts the messaging database. The next time you look at a message, open, receive or send a message, the DInc "supposedly" recognizes the database as corrupted and automatically recreates it. Thus all of the previous messages are wiped out.

OUCH !!!

There are manual and automated backup programs available that will store the msgs on the SD card in a flat file(s). BUT you still run the risk of corruption due to low memory.

Another issue seems to be the Advanced Task Killer or Advanced Task Manager that you can install as suggested by other users. It seems that people are stating its the ATK or ATM that is causing the corruption.
    Various complaints are listed that state "if only people would be more patient and let the Android OS handle the idle software, it does so the right way".
    I can't comment whether this is the cause or not. But I find it (excuse the pun) incredibly poor that this occurs and that a backup of the messaging databases are not made prior to a complete overwrite.
    If the OS stored a copy of this so called corrupted datafile for later attempts or if someone knows of or writes an App to retrieve from a "corrupted database", we would not have so many people frustrated at this issue.

I myself have lost so many important messages it has infuriated me because these messages were of contacts of contacts, personal information and other issues that can never be brought back to life.

So if anyone from Google is listening.... please address this issue correctly.

Thanks.

Nitch.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Incredible y cool : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Smsbackup sends a copy to your Gmail account so if anything on the phone gets corrupted you've got an off phone backup that can easily be put back on
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    "Shouldn't you be working?"

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthetas
    the grass is usually greenest over the septic system. think about it