Thread: Cradlepoint Router

Feedback Score

Unhappy Cradlepoint Router

My Cradlepoint router no longer connects. After a while it shows suspended. The phone connects correctly when connected directly to the computer but not when connected to the Cradlepoint router.

I have uploaded the software and reset to the factory default settings with no joy.

Is anyone else having problems? Did Tmobile block the Cradlepoint router or did it just go bad on me?

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would try different APNs. I had this problem three or four times with the tm506, debranded. A full reset solved the problem. I don't accept any automatic updates (Date/time, or whatever) from tmobile. Both the mbr1200 and phs300 are working fine for me with latest firmware, both w/ web2go and the webconnect 2.0 router with the 39.99 data plan.

Feedback Score
    I got an email from Cradlepoint, they don't support the TM506 phone so they were of no help. The Cradlepoint/TM506 started to work again after a day or two. Don't know why the phone would work when connected to a computer but not when connected to the Cradlepoint. Changing the APN on the Cradlepoint didn't help. Neither a reset or uploading the firmware to the Cradlepoint helped either. Very strange. I have the $20 total Internet plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DuggaD View Post
    I would try different APNs. I had this problem three or four times with the tm506, debranded. A full reset solved the problem. I don't accept any automatic updates (Date/time, or whatever) from tmobile. Both the mbr1200 and phs300 are working fine for me with latest firmware, both w/ web2go and the webconnect 2.0 router with the 39.99 data plan.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am wondering how did you get you Sony Ericsson TM506 work on cradlepoint. Do you know if Sony Ericsson Equinox T717 work on cradlepoint as well?

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't set up the TM506 in a while, but it works with the cradlepoint PHS 300. I believe you just have to set the number as *99# and leave the name and password blank. The apn for web2go is internet2.voicestream.com

I used wap.voicestream.com when I had the total internet.]\

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfutscher View Post
    My Cradlepoint router no longer connects. After a while it shows suspended. The phone connects correctly when connected directly to the computer but not when connected to the Cradlepoint router.

I have uploaded the software and reset to the factory default settings with no joy.

Is anyone else having problems? Did Tmobile block the Cradlepoint router or did it just go bad on me?
    You may have to re-configure the router (especially the modem settings).
    you have to dial *99***?# which ? is your data ID on the phone. This applies to TM506 and TM717.
    If your tethering is blocked by the default setting, you just add a new profile and use internet2.voicestream.com as APN, and make sure you know the profile ID number.

Optimum/Cablevision