Phones
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Does Simple Mobile Roam?

I live in zip code 67502 and in my brother is on tmobile prepaid. And he roams a lot in are area. There is a tmobile tower here but it is not very great so his phone roams most of the time. And I like simple mobile's plans but my question is does simple mobile give you the roaming like tmobile prepaid does?
    iPhone 5 Virgin Mobile USA 5 Bars LTE

iPhone 5 Verizon 5 Bars LTE

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    No, I don't think it will roam.

It will only use T-Mobile's towers.

Phones
    White Galaxy S5, White iPhone 5
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The T-Mobile prepaid plans are fairly competitive. Especially the $50 plan compared to Simple

Speaks for itself, Sprint. Try more actions and not lip service.
    Google+

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldertwin View Post
    I live in zip code 67502 and in my brother is on tmobile prepaid. And he roams a lot in are area. There is a tmobile tower here but it is not very great so his phone roams most of the time. And I like simple mobile's plans but my question is does simple mobile give you the roaming like tmobile prepaid does?
    Nope, Simple Mobile won't roam. Since you probably need AT&T coverage, have you looked into Straight Talk or H20?
    iPad plan on iPhone 4--------------------------------------Sprint 3G

Achievement Unlocked: Phone Collector

Phones
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want to use my iphone. And H2o data is pathetic (50mb)

Feedback Score
    cant have it all. if you want to save money and go with prepaid you have those 2 choices but one might not work in your area. If you want to use an iphone and use it like its supposed to be used then dont be cheap, keep att.

Phones
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am 17 i cant afford a big bill. I would happily pay over $100 for a iphone monthly but i cant get on a contract on att so it has to be prepaid.

Phones
    LG VX5400
    Incredible2
    LG VX5400
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    T-Mo prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I am 17 i cant afford a big bill. I would happily pay over $100 for a iphone monthly but i cant get on a contract on att so it has to be prepaid.
    My son has T-Mobile prepaid on an unlocked, jail-broken iphone. He pays $15/month for unlimited text, 10cents/minute for voice and $1.49 on any day that he wants to use internet. Maybe that would work for you. Even if you use internet every day, it would be less than the $100/month that you are willing to pay. You could also check here: http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/p....mc_t=OnsiteAd to see if any of the other plans would fit you better.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    If you're willing to shell out $200 for a Straight Talk Nokia E71, it has SIM that will work in any unlocked or AT&T GSM phone (including the iPhone). That'll get you AT&T's network and unlimited everything for $45.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Regarding the Straight Talk E71s: Act soon or the supply may dry up. There is feedback from a few posters about the phone disappearing from the WalMart and Straight Talk websites, as well sites that show a particular store's stock. Just a heads up.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    t-mobile has a prepaid plan wit unlimited talk/text/2gb data for $70. it's $10 more than simple but you'll have roaming, better customer service, BIS support, and have an extra 1gb of data (simple mobile is capped at 1gb).
    LG Nexus 4 - T-Mobile (postpaid)
    Nokia Lumia 521 - T-Mobile (prepaid)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sprint (via Ting)
    ZTE Valet - Verizon (via Tracfone)
    Apple iPad 2 - WiFi only

Feedback Score
    Simple mobile WAS capped at a gig (I don't care what the dealers say.) It may be more now.
    Simple only has native Tmobile coverage (tiny compared to native Att) about roughly equal to native Sprint.
    If you want gsm coverage for prepaid, it's Tmobile prepaid or Att Gophone in that order. Tmobile basic mvno coverage sucks.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Simple mobile WAS capped at a gig (I don't care what the dealers say.) It may be more now.
    Simple only has native Tmobile coverage (tiny compared to native Att) about roughly equal to native Sprint.
    If you want gsm coverage for prepaid, it's Tmobile prepaid or Att Gophone in that order. Tmobile basic mvno coverage sucks.
    i would rather know that I have 2GB of data then to maybe get more but still have the possibility of getting capped at 1GB.

coverage-wise, i would say AT&T takes it, but I don't think GoPhone roams (not that i've ever needed it to, but I do wish I could have in-market roaming on t-mobile), and I know for a fact that t-mo works in canada roaming on rogers.

Carriers
    US: T-Mobile, AT&T; CA: Rogers, Bell
    Global: Tru, eKit, Mobal, Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SBdunks View Post
    i would rather know that I have 2GB of data then to maybe get more but still have the possibility of getting capped at 1GB.

coverage-wise, i would say AT&T takes it, but I don't think GoPhone roams (not that i've ever needed it to, but I do wish I could have in-market roaming on t-mobile), and I know for a fact that t-mo works in canada roaming on rogers.
    GoPhone roams in a few places, as well as in Mexico (at high rates) but T-Mobile's prepaid division has the best roaming out of what's commercially available. They roam in almost as many places their postpaid service roams on in the US, + they roam in Canada & Mexico. There is the possibly of using UMA in compatible phones (usually their WiFi-enabled BlackBerry models) as well.
    SIMs:
    2007-12: T-Mobile PAYG (USA 857)
    2009-01-21: Mobal World (UK O2)
    2010-06-08: TracFone (USA 215)
    2011-03-12: Tru (USA 305)
    2012-01-21: Simínn (Iceland)
    2012-01-24: Vodafone (Netherlands)
    2012-02-26: Google Voice (USA 401)
    2012-05-17: T-Mobile Monthly 4G $30/5 GB/unlim msg/100 min (USA 917)
    2013-08-01: Red Pocket $59.99/2 GB (USA 347)