Thread: Will Nokia ever make a smart phone that uses Android for T-mo?

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobil
    Feedback Score

Will Nokia ever make a smart phone that uses Android for T-mo?

I really like Nokia phones. They sound like a land-line to me compared to Samsung or some of the others with the exception of the iPhone. I am not willing to move to ATT. I did not like the sound of the Vibrant or the MyTouch but that is the type of phone I want.

Is Nokia ever going to make an Android that resembles the MyTouch or the Vibrant? I have a Nuron but am wanting more.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    NEVER! It's a pride thing with them. Hoever, if you like Nokia, you should look into the N8 or the E7 with the latest Symian V5 aka Symbian^3 OS. I had a chance to use a N8 for about a week and it was a very nice operating system - not perfect, but just as nice as Android. It comes with lifetime voice guided GPS maps which work really well, sound quality is great, it multitasks very well, and the camera is the best on any smart phone.

Nokia is trying to push their OS. They will be coming out with a new version called MeeGo soon and the N8 and E7 is supposed to be able to upgrade to them. Very nice devices indeed and the current OS is nice as well. And some of the older symbian software is supposed to be compatible. I'm actually thinking about making the switch as myself. Not all that impressed with Android or WP7. Nokia looks promising. And yea, they have the best hardware to me as well.

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobil
    Feedback Score
    The problem for me is the software available. I have the Nuron and what is available is the Ovi store which is severely lacking compared to Android or iPhone apps.

Device(s)
    N900
    Carrier(s)
    Deutsche Telekom
    Feedback Score
    The answer to that is when pigs fly... They've clean house of the old, stubborn and misguiding regime (OPK et al...) but they still don't have a clue as to what direction they want to go. They'd rather stuff S^3 down everyone's throats and continue to sell Millions of low end feature phones. They still don't get it... They've completely ignored North America as it pertains to high end devices. I'll be surprised if they stay in the game long enough to make MeeGo into something. They left Maemo hanging for what is MeeGo and it's still taken them almost 2yrs to bring it to a handset...
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II (Hercules/SGH-T989)
    [ROM]: ADT|BeastMOD II v4.2 |APM-CRT| XLOUD |Bravia Engine| Synergy v0.10|
    [Kernel]: Synergy v0.10
    [Flash Memory]: Adata 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    -----------------------------------
    Other Device: Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobil
    Feedback Score
    I hear you drew. It took my getting the Nuron to figure some of this out. I was trying to break into the smartphone arena without spending too much $ and now of course I want more. I like the iPhone a lot but don't like ATT or Verizon so I'm in between a rock...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hasn't Nokia been embracing Linux for their devices lately? I think they are going to or already are using some variant of Linux on the N series.