Thread: What cell phone towers does the LG 900G, Nokia 6790 & Nokia E71 use?

Feedback Score

What cell phone towers does the LG 900G, Nokia 6790 & Nokia E71 use?

I need my cell phone to use T-Mobile's towers because that is the only thing that works where I live and work.

1) Can anyone tell me what towers the LG 900G, Nokia 6790 & Nokia E71 use please?

2) Do the same phones available with Tracphone that are also available with Straight Talk use the same towers? To clarify... If the Tracphone LG 900G uses T-Mobile, does that mean that the Straight Talk LG 900G will also use T-Mobile towers?

Thanks very much.

Steve

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by magentawave View Post
    I need my cell phone to use T-Mobile's towers because that is the only thing that works where I live and work.

1) Can anyone tell me what towers the LG 900G, Nokia 6790 & Nokia E71 use please?

2) Do the same phones available with Tracphone that are also available with Straight Talk use the same towers? To clarify... If the Tracphone LG 900G uses T-Mobile, does that mean that the Straight Talk LG 900G will also use T-Mobile towers?

Thanks very much.

Steve
    Q1- All three phone are GSM and could work with either T-MOBILE or AT&T SIM`s. The question then becomes which SIM will the phone come with? The two Nokias are Smartphones and from what I hear may only be fully supported with AT&T service. The 900 (StraighTalk and Net10, not Tracfone) may be either carrier.

Q2- The same phone on ST or Net10 or Tracfone can run on the same towers if they are shipped with that providers SIM in both phones.

Before you purchase you have to determine what SIM (service provider) will be assigned to the phone. T-MOBILE seems to be prefered because they appear to offer Trac a lower cost for minutes than AT&T.

To offer you further advise on receiving T-MOBILE service we need to know which company you plan to buy from.

Feedback Score
    "T-MOBILE seems to be prefered " meaning Tracfone prefers to send out phones with T-Mo sims whenever possible. That may or may not be the best service provider in your area.

Feedback Score
    I'm using Straight Talk now because the last time I checked the plan was less expensive than Tracphone. I realize this is a Tracphone forum but I'm trying to determine if a Nokia E71 or Nokia 6790 for Straight Talk could work with a T-Mobile sim card even though they may come packaged with an ATT sim card.

Thanks again.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by magentawave View Post
    I'm using Straight Talk now because the last time I checked the plan was less expensive than Tracphone. I realize this is a Tracphone forum but I'm trying to determine if a Nokia E71 or Nokia 6790 for Straight Talk could work with a T-Mobile sim card even though they may come packaged with an ATT sim card. Thanks again. Steve
    You really should try posting this question on the StraightTalk forum. They may have actual experience with your situation and what you are trying to do. .

Phones
    Moto E
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    They come packaged with Straight Talk's version of an AT&T SIM, not simply a garden variety AT&T SIM. No America Movil company's GSM handsets use off the shelf main-provider SIMs. And because they are smart phones whose internal hardware (i.e. the radio) is set up for AT&T's 3G network (to use where available), the likelihood of ST themselves offering any customer a ST version T-Mobile SIM is, well, IMO zero.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Users of the ST Nokia E71 have reported activating their E71 and then removing the AT&T SIM card, trimming it smaller and putting it in an iPhone and it immediately working for talk and text. Apparently the AT&T SIM for the E71 is not locked for only Trac use (at least not yet). This is not true for the SIM`s with the other ST GSM phones. The ST forum indicates that for the E71 to be fully functional it has to run on AT&T.