Thread: Samsung Evergreen USB driver needed

Feedback Score

Samsung Evergreen USB driver needed

I have a new Samsung Evergreen SGH-A667 from AT&T. Neither Samsung PC Studio 3 nor New PC Studio will connect to the phone. I get an error message "An unregistered model has been connected. Communication cannot proceed". Samsung on-line chat support was futile. Does anyone know where I can get a compatible USB driver for my SGH-A667? Perhaps a Qualcomm driver would work?

Feedback Score
    I spoke with Samsung tech support. He said that neither PC Studio 3 nor New PC Studio supports the new Samsung Evergreen SGH-A667 phone. I asked him to refer this issue to next tier tech support, to get this model phone supported in the next rev of PC Studio. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both programs, and tried connecting via USB, both before updating the 2 programs and after updating them using Live Update. Same error message, and no connection. My laptop does see the micro SD chip when connected via USB, and I can transfer files to and from the phone's micro SD chip using PC Studio, but I can't access my Contacts on the phone nor on the SIM card from my laptop using PC Studio. Until I can get this resolved, I'll copy all Contacts from the SIM to the phone, and then copy my Contacts from the phone to a spare SIM card and keep the spare in a safe place, as a backup. The alternative is to pay ATT for online backup service each month. Bummer!

Feedback Score
    I'll try a bluetooth connection with PC Studio next week, after I get an external bluetooth dongle for my laptop.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have the Evergreen and I am really disappointed with the ability to sync data. Almost to the point where I am going to return the phone. Any idea what format the contacts need to be in so I can convert contacts from the Mac Address book and then save to the sim card. I give up trying to use Bluetooth or USB.

Feedback Score
    Samsung could easily enable PC Studio Sync for the Evergreen in the next release of PC Studio. I bet AT&T has leaned on Samsung to intentionally cripple Sync for this phone, so that the user will be forced to pay AT&T a monthly fee to use the AT&T online backup solution. As far as contact formats, typically if you export to a delimited CSV file, you can import into most Address books. Make sure the column headings between the old and new are the same, so that the data lines up and winds up in the correct fields. So far the only free backup solution I've figured out is to copy all contacts from my Evergreen phone to a spare SIM card.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like I am going to return the phone and look for another since the syncing is crucial for me. A shame because i really like the phone and I can't afford a data plan.

Feedback Score
    Checkout the LG Neon.

Feedback Score

Samsung Evergreen backup

I used the ATT Wireless online backup utility for backup of my Samsung Evergreen Address Book contacts. It worked Ok. I could then login to the ATT website and view my sync'd contacts. It's a workaround, but at least I have them somewhere in case the phone breaks, gets lost or stolen.

Feedback Score
    I got it! I first tried the new version of pc studio and it didn't connect. Then, I found this on another message board:

1.5.1.10124_2
    New PC studio 2008-2010
    It is listed as compatable with another Samsung phone, but it worked on my Evergreen. Yay!

I don't remember where I found the link, but if you google this, it should come up. It worked like a charm, and I sent my address contacts and my music and p hotos back and forth between the phone and pc. Also, you can type messages on the pc and fill in your calendar on the pc and then just sent it to the phone. Wonderful! It has the drivers you need.