Thread: Pass T-Mobile credit check online without actually buying the phone?

Phones
    HTC Aria
    Nokia Nuron
    Nokia 5300
    Carriers
    AT&T (iPad plan)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Pass T-Mobile credit check online without actually buying the phone?

I just had a frustrating conversation with a T-Mo chat employee on their website. I was trying to get as far through the ordering process as possible (without actually buying anything) to see if I was eligible for a subsidized G2 with a 2 year EM contract.

After entering my address, DL#, CC#, etc, I got as far as the "Review" page where it tells you the price of the phone plus tax and gives you a "Place Order" button. Does this mean I was approved or not?

Since I was unsure, I started a chat with a T-Mo rep and she made it sound like the only way I could see if I was eligible was to go ahead buy the phone! She was kind of strangely insistent that I press the order button, so I asked her again point blank, and she said that I could only back out of the order after clicking the button if I was NOT eligible.

I really don't want to go down to the T-Mobile store to buy this phone unless I know ahead of time I won't be rejected - this is a small, country town full of curtain-twitching busybodies, if you know what I mean...

Phones
    iPhone 5 White, Galaxy S4 White
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You have to completely go through the check out before it will run you. I had to call in after I got a review message to verify some info, I don't believe you will be able to do what you want

Speaks for itself, Sprint. Try more actions and not lip service.
    Google+

Feedback Score
    Go ahead & do it. Tmobile will likely give you the phone 600+ credit score. Most people bankruptcy included have 600+ credit score if you have a job & pay most of your bills on time.

Feedback Score
    Yes, T-Mobile seems to be really, really nice about credit.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5 64GB
    Carriers
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    For me was different since i went to the store first to check if i was approved by Tmobile, and they told me yes you have up to this much to buy phones... then i went online because they have better phone prices and deals online than the store knowing already that i was gonna be approved and i got my HD2 for free...
    “Let your life mean something. Become an inspiration to others so that they may try to do more and to become more than they are today.”

Phones
    HTC Aria
    Nokia Nuron
    Nokia 5300
    Carriers
    AT&T (iPad plan)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This story has a happy ending - I was approved for 10 lines and no deposit required! T-Mobile does indeed have very lenient credit.

Feedback Score
    Awesome Glad to hear that! Welcome aboard!