Thread: porting from trac to net10 and trying to save tracfone activation time for a new numb

Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

porting from trac to net10 and trying to save tracfone activation time for a new numb

OK this is what I want to do: purchase a net 10 phone and port my trac phone number to net10. My tracfone has a activation that is good until Dec. of 2012. I would like to keep that alive and activate with a new phone number. Is this possible? I have another tracfone number that I let deactivate because my cc expired. My mother used this phone and she wants it back. I am hoping I can activate my phone with the 12/2012 expiration and let mom use this phone, while I have the net10 phone with my tracfone number. if anyone know if this is possible please post. Thank you...

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Yes, call Miami Customer Service and tell them you want to transfer your number from a Tracfone to a new unactivated Net10 phone. The Tracfone will go inactive, but if you reactivate it within 60 days (with a new number), your airtime minutes will still be good until Dec. 2012. The number that you lost on the other Tracfone may still be recoverable if it hasn't been too long (~less than a month).

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    what happens if the tracfone had 300+ minutes, but is about to expire?
    should I extend the time before I port and try to reactivate?

I am also considering porting my number to net10... then transfering the minutes left on my tracfone to another active tracfone.

is this doable or any advice?
    thanks

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoMax80 View Post
    what happens if the tracfone had 300+ minutes, but is about to expire?
    should I extend the time before I port and try to reactivate?

I am also considering porting my number to net10... then transfering the minutes left on my tracfone to another active tracfone.

is this doable or any advice?
    thanks
    You can transfer/port your number from Tracfone to Net10 and then reactivate the Tracfone. If you do this before the original expiration date of the Tracfone, you may not need to add an airtime card to reactivate. But if you wait until after the original expiration date, you will need to add an airtime card when you reactivate. Once the Tracfone is reactivated, you can transfer the minutes to another Tracfone, provided all the minutes are "paid-for" minutes, not free starter minutes.

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    yeah, it expires sunday. so i'm assuming they will need to send me a new sim card to reactivate it anyway right? I do not see anyway around adding more airtime to transfer the remaining minutes.

i will try with Executive and see it they could do this. Main thing is porting my number. I will risk losing the minutes as long as it ports smoothly.

Feedback Score
    If your CSR is decent, I believe you can transfer the minutes and do the port at the same time. If you call the "Miami" number, I think you actually get the same result as calling the regular number and selecting technical support. I have gotten the same guy a couple of times.

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    If your CSR is decent, I believe you can transfer the minutes and do the port at the same time. If you call the "Miami" number, I think you actually get the same result as calling the regular number and selecting technical support. I have gotten the same guy a couple of times.
    My port transferred flawlessly from Trac/ATT to Net10/ATT while I was still on the phone with Miami. She informed me with tracfone I have 60 days to reactivate or transfer the minutes to another tracfone.