Thread: Not receiving Voice Mail icon or SMS notifications... :S

Carrier
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Not receiving Voice Mail icon or SMS notifications... :S

So, after about 50 days of Mobi-bliss, I've run into my first hurdle with Mobi.

I purchased a 9300 (Curve 3G) at the end of October under the $35 F&F deal. I've had *NO* problems to date... until now.

At some point in the last week whenever a voicemail is left, the little "tape" icon isn't showing up nor is any SMS message being received (the one that states the date and time and who the message is from when it's left).

I spent an hour yesterday dealing with three different individuals at Mobi's tech support. The first one re-sent the Service Books [I had re-registered the handset prior to calling] and asked me to do a battery pull/SIM card removal for 10-minutes. No change when I left a message from two different numbers.

The second CSR "reset" my phone while it was on by sending the Service Books. I tested my SMS capabilities and it had no issue sending and receiving. The CSR asked that I puil the battery and SIM card again and wait another 10-minutes. Again, no change - messages are there but no icon/text message. I actually had to log into my mailbox and set up a new password but my "old" messages were still there as well as my outgoing message.

Called CS again and talked to a third rep. This time, I was told a ticket is being opened. I asked why they couldn't outright NUKE the mailbox and I was told that I'd lose my $35F&F Plan if they did (!!!) which is not very cool. So now, it's a waiting game.

I'm just wondering if anybody is experiencing this of late? I'm in the Toronto area if it helps.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I'm getting half of your problem.
    My VM icon is stuck on my screen and I no longer receive a VM SMS saying I have new voicemail.
    I'm in Vancouver.

They "refreshed" my services twice and that did not resolve the issue.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Phone
    HTC Amaze 4G + BlackBerry Bold 9780
    Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I had a problem with SMS icon getting stuck on my screen saying there were 2 new messages which there weren't.

Was a phone problem and just searched google to fix.
    Profile Assist for BlackBerry - Free for a limited time.

Carrier
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mapleleafs89 View Post
    I had a problem with SMS icon getting stuck on my screen saying there were 2 new messages which there weren't.

Was a phone problem and just searched google to fix.
    This isn't so simple. And it's not a phone issue, either. The issue with a "stuck" message icon is different from *NOT* receiving the indicator/sms.

I've Google'd this one and it seems to always point back to the network itself (as the 3rd CS rep also stated to me). What is supposed to happen when you get a new voice message is that Mobi sends two text messages to your phone: the first is what triggers the "new message" indicator; the second is the SMS text that tells you that you've got a new message and the date and time it was sent at. In my case, I'm not getting these TWO messages at all (not even one of the texts) so Mobi isn't notifying me.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I called today and was notified by Mobilicity CSR that it was indeed the network having issues with its voicemail feature in Vancouver.
    After three CSRs this one told me it was the network and they have had previous calls of the same issue.

Carrier
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
    I called today and was notified by Mobilicity CSR that it was indeed the network having issues with its voicemail feature in Vancouver.
    After three CSRs this one told me it was the network and they have had previous calls of the same issue.
    Yeah... and I'm in Toronto but nobody else here was mentioning they had the issue.

The good thing is, as I pointed out in another thread, is that Mobi's IT team fixed the issue between 24- and 36-hours after I'd filed the ticket. I don't think this is horrible _AT ALL_ and I'm just glad they were able to resolve my problem (which seems isolated).

Just another reason I want to get a Nexus S.

Feedback Score
    This started happening to me too. - I have a Bold 9700, Since a couple of days ago, I get no notice of new voicemails. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with a friendly rep who tried most of what the OP's original post mentioned before he opened a network ticket. I'm hoping my problem is fixed too in the next couple of days.

Feedback Score
    ...just writing this here for the record. The problem was fixed within 48 hours as promised. I assume something must have been done on their end because I can't find any setting in the phone that would affect this.