Page 153 of 218 FirstFirst ... 53 103 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3256

Thread: How To: Straight Talk and iPhone - SIM Swap from Nokia Smartphone

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    You can forget about using an iPhone 4S for tethering on StraightTalk. I just bought a factory unlocked 4S ($$$), and when I insert the same ST SIM that I have been tethering on my 3G for a year, the option to activate Personal Hotspot disappears from the settings. No way to enable it. From what I’ve seen, newest version of iOS verifies the carrier bundle with the carrier (ST uses ATT’s partner network), and that process disables the option. Since the phone is an official factory unlocked device, I called Apple about it. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with Apple support, who made a genuine effort to get it to work. No luck. Currently, there is no known work-around and no jailbreak for 4S. I am sending the phone back to Apple for a refund.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    I have the personal hotspot feature on my 4s using straight talk....but I agree that its not on every phone....Out of about 100 iphones i have used ....Personal Hotspot has only been on about 10 phones with my straight talk sim....ATAT does not want anybody tethering LOL

Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Which iPhone will require me to use the SIM card cutter? Is it the IPhone 4 or 4s?
    TMOG

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    Motorla V600 (retired)
    Sanyo 8100 (retired), Samsung SPH-a500(retired)
    Carrier
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmog View Post
    Which iPhone will require me to use the SIM card cutter? Is it the IPhone 4 or 4s?
    Both require a cutter.
    -Ben

Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFrog View Post
    Both require a cutter.
    Where does one purchase a cutter besides online?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnega View Post
    Just used an st sim card from an e71 and placed it into an iPhone 4s. Thanks again for all the guidance on this forum because it was extremely easy to do. Also I feel like the speeds I have now are the same as when I've had AT&T. And I've had Virgin Mobile so I know what slow speeds are.
    I just have a quick question, have used straight talk sim in my iPhone 3g unlocked/jailbroken with SMS, mms, text, and data working...worked well, but was pretty buggy. I want to get either an iPhone 4 or a factory unlocked iPhone 4s, but wonder whether everything works out of the box with my st sim on the unlocked iPhone 4s or do I have do do some modifications to get data and MMS. Or would it be better to get the unlocked jailbroken iPhone 4, Any thoughts?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If the iPhone is to AT&T, unlocking is unnecessary. Whether locked or unlocked, the settings have to be modified for data and MMS to work. Voice and SMS will work without modifications.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Thanks Earl, sounds like all I need to do is get the iphone 4 and jailbreak it for full use with Straight Talk SIM card....thanks for the quick answer

Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am getting an IPhone 4 16 gb used so I can try this. So, I need to find a SIM card cutter first. And once I put it in the IPhone It should work without having to connect it to iTunes to activate it right. At this point I should be able to place and receive calls and SMS, right? So if I want to use data and send receive MMS I would have to unlock or jailbreak the iPhone or both? So what if I want to use my IPhone as a hotspot so my iPad (wifi) could utilize the data? How do I do this?
    Will I wake up one day and my iPhone won't work because of iOS updates will kill my apps that keep my phone functioning?

Thanks guys for all your continued help and support regarding this hobby.

Peace xoxo
    Garth

Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    Just a friendly warning that using the SIM with another phone is against their T&C, so you may have your account terminated with no warning. The second highlghted portion can mean that they may make your SIM only work with the E71 you bought. From ST's T&C...

Some Straight Talk wireless phones have SIM cards. If your Straight Talk phone has a SIM card, then you agree to safeguard your SIM card and not to allow any unauthorized person to use your SIM card. You agree not to, and not to allow any other person to, directly or indirectly alter, bypass, copy, deactivate, remove, reverse-engineer or otherwise circumvent or reproduce the encoded information stored on, or the encryption mechanisms of, your SIM card. You may not remove your SIM card or use the SIM card on any other wireless phone. Any violation of the restrictions on the use of your SIM card that are contained in this section may result in the immediate termination of your service without notice. The Carriers, TracFone Wireless, or its service providers, may, from time to time, remotely update or change the encoded information on your SIM card.
    How will ST know of this? Or can they find out? Who here have been running their iPhone over straight talk service? And how successful and for what length of time?

Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRomeo View Post
    Speed test shows 447ms ping time, 3.22Mbps download and 0.96Mbps upload. But keep in mind I only have 1 to 2 bars in my house at best. And the wether is very bad here with heavy rain.
    I get about that already on my Nokia e5 over st.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    How will ST know of this? Or can they find out? Who here have been running their iPhone over straight talk service? And how successful and for what length of time?
    If you call in to 611 (CS), they can tell that you have your SIM in a different phone and they'll know exactly what phone its in. However, it doesn't appear they actively monitor this. They can tell because your phone sends its IMEI number to the carrier, this is like a unique serial number. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...pment_Identity)

People have been doing this SIM swap since Late 2010 without issue. If you call CS though, put the SIM back in the original Nokia.

Feedback Score
    Umm, you are in a 150 page thread about people using the iphone on straight talk. I think all of us in here are doing it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David19 View Post
    Well my wife has an iphone using ST and her works fine i just didn't think antenna broke where u get hardly any service at all on one..
    Try restoring the phone to stock. That or you cut the SIM wrong or phone is just bad. Try your wife's SIM in your phone?

Feedback Score
    I'm currently using iPhone 3GS with ATT and my contract will be over in couple of months. I'm thinking about switching to ST. 3GS is currently running on 5.0.1 and base band 05.16.05. If I buy a E71 and follow the instructions on the first page of this discussion will the E71 sim and ST service work on my iPhone? All I care is for making/receiving calls, text and data. Don't care about MMS so I'm not going to worry about jailbreaking. TIA

Page 153 of 218 FirstFirst ... 53 103 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 203 ... LastLast