Page 8 of 218 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Straight Talk and iPhone - SIM Swap from Nokia Smartphone

Feedback Score
    Anyone ever heard or bought an iphone from these guys?
    http://www.zwee.com/apple/cheap-unlo...BnUmw#tracking

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    ZWEE seems like a legit company, they actually have a physical address and their phone # at the bottom of the page. Most online only stores just have email contact. So that's a plus. You can also check with the Better Business Bureau.
    I did a search on complaintsboard.com and didn't find anything.
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    They seem legit, the domain was registered in 1998 and expires 2020 (max renewal). Scammers will not usually register a domain for 10 years ahead.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
    ZWEE seems like a legit company, they actually have a physical address and their phone # at the bottom of the page.
    Did you Google map their address? It looks like some tract housing. Uh huh, I bet they have a "suite". Also, their previous address was somewhere out in California and all their little feel-good business logos are just graphics, they don't actually link to any real reseller ratings.

If you want to pay the least possible for an iPhone, Craigslist is the safest bet. Anytime you see a site claiming to have a large stock of Apple products at well below their usual market value, it should raise a red flag. Apple controls their distribution channels very tightly and anything absurdly cheap is either an unusable knock-off (check YouTube for some great reviews of "iPhonies") or a scam.
    iPad plan on iPhone 4--------------------------------------Sprint 3G

Achievement Unlocked: Phone Collector

Feedback Score
    Did some more research and this company has a F rating with the BBB. So stay away. Thanks everyone for the info.

Feedback Score
    Is there a specific e71 that you'll have to buy in order for the sim to work with the iphones? I've read through the thread, some say that certain ones operate on att and some operate on tmobile. e71a and e72t, how true is this? Can i use e71t on iphone and will only be able to get edge network speed or it won't work all together?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
    c-e-l-l-u-n-l-o-c-k-e-r(DOT)net Remove the symbols. (had to post it like this cause HOFO kept changing the url to howardforums. STUPID HOFO!

Just call the 1-800-507-9077 . I used these guys to unlock my LG900G. Which is technically a GW300AT now since I changed the firmware and I'm using it on AT$T.
    The site you reference only works with TMobile for US. But, the E71-2 we are trying to unlock is locked to Tracfone Wireless (or StraightTalk).

For the unlock code to work, does the network to which it is locked need to be accurate? Or, is the unlock code only IMEI specific (and it does not matter to which network the phone is locked)?

Thanks for letting me know, as I dont want to pay $20 for something that may not work.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    My phone LG900G and carrier wasn't listed either. I used LG GW300 and listed "Other Carriers USA" Took two days to get the code since I ordered it on Saterday, guess they don't work weekends. On Monday received code, worked perfectly.
    That's why I suggested to call 1-800-507-9077 and talk to them directly so you can explain what you are wanting to unlock. I'm sure they will have no problems generating the correct code for you since all they have to use is the IMEI code to generate the unlock code.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ctt0002 View Post
    Is there a specific e71 that you'll have to buy in order for the sim to work with the iphones? I've read through the thread, some say that certain ones operate on att and some operate on tmobile. e71a and e72t, how true is this? Can i use e71t on iphone and will only be able to get edge network speed or it won't work all together?
    Yes, you must buy the E71 that Straightalk/WalMart sells. Straightalk will only activate their own phones (which activates the Straightalk SIM card that came with the Straightalk phone). Once the E71 is activated than you can remove its Straightalk SIM and put it in an iphone.

Phone
    LG 420G - Piece of Crap
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have an iPhone 3G/3GS 8GB. I have been on the Straight Talk $45 unlimited monthly plan for 3 months and am simply tired of using the crappy brick flip phone they had. Would I be able to use my 3G or 3GS iPhone with the method posted on page one about buying the e71 phone from Walmart and activating it then placing the sim card from that in my iPhone? Also, I have read through the thread and have seen different posts about version's of the e71. Does it matter which e71 phone you buy for this method to work? Last, would I be able to keep my current number that I have with Straight Talk and transfer it over from my crappy flip phone to my iPhone without any complications?

Phone
    LG 420G - Piece of Crap
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Yes, you must buy the E71 that Straightalk/WalMart sells. Straightalk will only activate their own phones (which activates the Straightalk SIM card that came with the Straightalk phone). Once the E71 is activated than you can remove its Straightalk SIM and put it in an iphone.
    Thanks Tracfancier, 1 part of my questions was answered by that.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gocatsone View Post
    I have an iPhone 3G/3GS 8GB. I have been on the Straight Talk $45 unlimited monthly plan for 3 months and am simply tired of using the crappy brick flip phone they had. Would I be able to use my 3G or 3GS iPhone with the method posted on page one about buying the e71 phone from Walmart and activating it then placing the sim card from that in my iPhone? Also, I have read through the thread and have seen different posts about version's of the e71. Does it matter which e71 phone you buy for this method to work? Last, would I be able to keep my current number that I have with Straight Talk and transfer it over from my crappy flip phone to my iPhone without any complications?
    You might want to wait for my answer to be confirmed since the E71 SIM is not the same SIM used in the other Straightalk GSM phones: The phone number that you get (or port) when activating the Straightalk E71 should store onto its AT&T SIM card and it will remain there when you put it in your iphone.

Phone
    LG 420G - Piece of Crap
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    So, you are saying i may be able to keep the same number when i am undergoing the e71 activation process by inputting my current number in a field of some sort or maybe by calling customer support? Or, are you simple saying that the e71 uses an AT&T SIM card and the other regular Straight Talk phones, like the one I have, do not?

Phone
    Nexus Galaxy GSM
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    From what I've read, sim cards from the Nokia E71 always work in the iPhone. A sim card from any other Straight Talk phone will probably not work. I think the other Nokia smartphone will work, but it looks like it only works sometimes or most of the time. In order to save yourself potential problems, just get the Nokia E71

I'm not exactly sure about how Straight Talk works so I have no idea about transferring your number.

Phone
    LG 420G - Piece of Crap
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    thanks dannyboy888... I will give it a go and see what happens.

Page 8 of 218 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 108 ... LastLast