Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huawei Ascend Not Receiving Phone Calls

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Huawei Ascend Not Receiving Phone Calls

Hello,

I've had 4 Huawei Ascends come back now because they can not get incoming calls. Upon looking at the phones, when they start to receive a call they turn off their 1x connection as usual for the phone call but then send it directly to voicemail. Is anyone else encountering this and does anyone have a fix?

Phones
    LG G3
    LG G3
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I had a manager from anthoer i work with gchat'ed me and was having the same problem occur. you wouldn't happen to be located in Florida would you?

Phone
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    havent heard anything

Phones
    LG G3
    LG G3
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    yeah i havent had any problems with my phone or any of the phones i have sold (talking mainly about the Ascend), except for fat finger activation lol, but that was an easy and quick fix lol

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    We only heard of problems when we manually programmed their phones after failed attempts at OTA programming. If an OTA programming attempt fails on an Android -- including OptimusMs, you must call DSG for a refresh before manually programming the device.

So, now we don't even attempt OTA programming on Androids...we just go straight to manual programming.

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I'm based out of orlando

Phones
    LG G3
    LG G3
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    i spoke too soon. my phone started doing this today. all calls were going straight to voicemail. so i called custoemr service, and had them transfer me to the wonderful world of tech support. after arguing with the rep that me being on a d20 line has NOTHING to do with my phone not receiving calls, they finally put in a ticket, and I asked them to make a few test calls to the device. I also gave them an alternate number to contact me ( I had to beg them to let me give them the number) it appears that Huawei's QC still sucks, and there may be a defect affecting alot of the ascends. Now the hard part is getting them to warranty out my phone on a d20 line.....

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Just a general question, I saw on an earlier post that the phone will shut off the internet (1x) to receive a call. Is this true? I always thought that 1x wasn't capable of allowing a call to come through if there was data active?

Phones
    LG G3
    LG G3
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    according to my ASR, the oficial fix is: *228 option 5, and update the PRL. I know it sounds weird, but its worked on all the phones that came in with problems, maybe they are pushing an update through the prl with Ascends? i dont know, but it works!

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    LG Optimus M 690
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    sold a ton of them in the philly market and havent seen that issue. I get a lot of cricket ascend with the 1 ear bud that only works tho... Be honest that *228 has some probs still. I only use it when activating multiple lines. Thanks for the info (prl) guys as always appreciated...
    Unlimit Yourself...MetroPCS

Phones
    LG G3
    LG G3
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    what i meant by using *228 is after the phone is already activated, and unable to recieve calls i.e: all calls going straight to voicemail, updating the prl will fix the problem and allow calls to go through. it worked on my phone, and now its working flawlessly

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuestKev View Post
    what i meant by using *228 is after the phone is already activated, and unable to recieve calls i.e: all calls going straight to voicemail, updating the prl will fix the problem and allow calls to go through. it worked on my phone, and now its working flawlessly
    QuestKev, how long did you wait before your phone started receiving calls?

Phone
    MyTouch 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the same problem and I'm in Florida, however mine is random but my wife has to send me a txt to call her and i do without issue. I will try the *228 and see if that works. I originally thought that it may be due to myself using the net or market when she calls but it happens when the phone is just sitting in my cup holder.

Carriers
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    ive had multiple people complain of this including an employee that bought one. he has a ticket in as well. it does seem to be limited to florida and *228 seemed to fix it but then it started again later in the day. also if he shuts it down it will recieve calls untill the internet is on.

Phone
    MyTouch 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Do I understand correctly that any data traffic will force calls to VM? if that's the case that sux....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast