Thread: Can Motorola Q9 (verizon) phone work with straight talk...and if so, how?

Feedback Score

Can Motorola Q9 (verizon) phone work with straight talk...and if so, how?

Got tired of crappy customer service and billing issue with Page Plus, so I switched to Straight Talk. I was using a brand new Red Motorola Q9m which I really like. Service was fine with page Plus, but no unlimited internet, and the Motorola Q ate up 20 mg in 3 days! I went to Walmart and bought the Samsung full keyboard phone. Works well, but not as nice for texting as Motorola Q, and no real features on the Samsung.

Can I take it somewhere or any ideas on how to get Motorola to work with Straight Talk?????

Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Straight Talk does not allow outside devices into their service. There has been discussion about ST phones that may have limited features on Page Plus, but the other way around, NADA!

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I think your Q9m is CDMA Technology.. Wish I had good news for ya, but it would be simple if you had the GSM version of that phone. Here's what is going on with the GSM side of using your own device.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...o-make-it-work!
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Page Plus is CDMA (Verizon) only.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Nope, no BYOD on the CDMA side of Straight Talk, as others have mentioned. Time to pony up and buy a new phone - if you plan to use the Internet a lot, you'll be glad you did.
    iPad plan on iPhone 4--------------------------------------Sprint 3G

Achievement Unlocked: Phone Collector

Feedback Score
    i called ST customer service and the guy (broken english) told me if i had a phone with a clean esn number that it would work. i was looking at the e71 nokia but because ST piggy backs off of verizon and at&t the nokia is a gsm phone so that means at&t service for me and they suck realy bad in my area... im with verizon now and have killer service. so that mean a CDMA phone. so i was wondering if i had a cdma phone with a clean esn number whats the problem??????

Feedback Score
    was i misinformed

Phone
    iPhone 5c
    Carrier
    Pageplus Cellular 4G LTE(ME)/Cricket(GF)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxjason View Post
    was i misinformed
    Yes. He probably thought you had a Straight Talk branded phone. You can activate used Straight Talk phones which have clean ESNs (which amounts to not being stolen and not on an acct already. They don't lock them because a bill is owed like Verizon because there is no bill to owe.)

Feedback Score
    Straight Talk Verizon based cdma phones can be used on other mvnos (like Page Plus, Siri, H20) but other Verizon type phones including Verizon original, Page Plus, etc CANNOT be used on ST.

ST phones don't have the type of lockdown tricks that sister companies Net10 /Tracfone does but they can still control what phones come onto their system.