Thread: Bought the LG 900G at Radio Shack today..

Feedback Score

Bought the LG 900G at Radio Shack today..

I just purchased this today. I had to call to transfer my number and time from my t401g, since net10 online didn't seem to recognize my number. Took about 5 minutes to swap the time and number over, with a fairly easy to understand female customer service person. She told me to wait 24 hours before using the mobile browser.

My phone and number were active within approximately 10 minutes of completing the phone call.

The phone came preloaded with the Facebook app. Of course I didn't not wait 24 hours to try it. Seemed to load, but would not let me sign on to facebook. Said unable to log in or something like that.

I have not been able to download any apps from getjar as of yet either. I sent a sms link to my phone for operamini, but when I go to the link, getjar does not recognize my phone. I'm going to wait the 24 hours before I get too worked up over any mobile web issues.

Overall impressed with the phone. hopefully I can get some apps to work soon.

Feedback Score
    Congrats with your new phone... I hope you can write a review about it so that we can spread the word

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    When browsing GetJar, imput LG GW300 as your phone model. Same phone just different cellular bands.
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Feedback Score
    I just attempted to get opera mini from getjar again. When I clicked the link for opera, my phone popped up insufficient memory, unable to proceed after a few seconds of loading. I cleared all my browser history and tried again with no change. I'm a little stumped at the moment.

Feedback Score
    The pre-installed facebook app appears to be working correctly at this time.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    "I just attempted to get opera mini from getjar again. When I clicked the link for opera, my phone popped up insufficient memory, unable to proceed after a few seconds of loading. I cleared all my browser history and tried again with no change. I'm a little stumped at the moment."

That has been a posted problem with the built-in browser on this phone. Make sure that you clear history and cache and also make sure no other java apps are running in the back ground. I'll see if I can snag a copy of Opera Mini and post a DL link for it.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    WHAAHOOO! Just went to Radio Shack and got the last LG 900g that was on the rack. $39.95 saved me $20. It came with the standard locked TF64SIM card. But that was no surprise.
    Was gonna go the ST Nokia E71 route but no in my budget right now. So this LG 900g will get me thru until I can afford to go that route.
    Now I'm gonna attempt the dreaded "port my number". Wish me luck!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
    "I just attempted to get opera mini from getjar again. When I clicked the link for opera, my phone popped up insufficient memory, unable to proceed after a few seconds of loading. I cleared all my browser history and tried again with no change. I'm a little stumped at the moment."

That has been a posted problem with the built-in browser on this phone. Make sure that you clear history and cache and also make sure no other java apps are running in the back ground. I'll see if I can snag a copy of Opera Mini and post a DL link for it.
    I cleared history and cache and all apps with no success. I downloaded opera mini to my computer, and put it on my sd card under my games and apps folder. Phone cant see it when the card was re-installed..grr. Still working on it.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    "I cleared history and cache and all apps with no success. I downloaded opera mini to my computer, and put it on my sd card under my games and apps folder. Phone cant see it when the card was re-installed..grr. Still working on it. "
    Try formatting your SD card Setting\Memory Info\External Memory (Format), my card is formatted with FAT32. Also go into Setting/Memory Info/Primary Storage Setting (set to: external)

just popped in my 8GB Micro SDHC card from my Blackberry. Went to My Folder/Pictures, phone acted like it locked up, but I was patient and whalah, it saw all my pictures not just in my picture folder but also in my music folders. In the Sounds Folder it list not only my ringtones but also all the music on my SD card. Music player sees all my music tracks.

Feedback Score
    I already set my primary storage to external. My phone did the same thing when I installed my sdhc card from my t401g. When going to my folder/pictures, the phone seemed to restart, then brought up ALL the pictures on the SDHC card, even ones buried in subfolders. After that initial hiccup, it accesses the pictures without any hesitation. I did not shut the phone off before installing the SDHC card, that may have been part of the issue there.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Sounds good!

I'm actually impressed so far with this phone. After all the reviews I've read over, people complained about laggy menus and typing. Mine is really zippy. Even the camera has fast frame rates, the white balance and light gain adjusts very quickly. Seems better than the 2MP camera on my Blackberry 9000. Also the 900g keyboard though slightly more compact than my Blackberry keyboard, I find it easier to type on since the buttons are raised at the middle, unlike on my BB with the weird raised at the top corner keys makes me hit other buttons all the time. The speakerphone is LOUD! and the sound quality is good, not stereo surround like my BB, but I won't complain. I've been able to set wallpaper (480 x 320) from my BB as the 900g wallpaper. I'm still waiting for my # to port over before I can do any real world tests.
    My 900g has the V10h firmware.

Feedback Score
    I am pretty happy with mine so far. Mine also has the V10H firmware.

I didn't think I would like the keyboard at first, but have found it much easier after a small learning curve. I dont have the repeated letters I commonly did with my t401g, and I can use the keyboard with one hand much easier than my samsung.

I did notice today that when sending a sms without service, I did not seem to get a failure notice, or option to try to resend. The text was sitting in my outbox. When i regained service I checked for a few minutes and the text was still there. It did not give me an option to force a resend without canceling the text, then resend it. I wonder how long the phone waits to re-try sending sms. I thought I saw a setting somewhere for priority levels but cant find it now.

My 900 seems to pick its service up much quicker than the t401 did as well when coming back into coverage areas. All I need now is to figure out how to get opera or bolt on board and I will be happy.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    If you dowloaded opera on your computer and put it on your SD card the file will be in your "my folder" under "other files" not in the games and apps when you look for it on your phone. Bolt's verisigned version works very well also. I've had better luck downloading apps to my computer first and putting them on my SD card. A few that ive tried gave me the insufficient memory prompt because of the crappy native browser when I attempted to do it on the phone itself.

Feedback Score
    I just checked "my folder" "other files" and its not there. It shows 3 files: AUTORUN.INF LOCK.SYS WINLOG,EXE nothing else. My phone did a restart (powering up) when I accessed "other files". I don't think I had looked there since the last time I inserted the SD card. I will have to try again this evening installing opera or bolt from my sd card. Anyone found a real manual for these phones? The guide from net10 is pretty rudimentary..lol

Phones
    Motorola W490
    VM Super Slice
    VM Switch Back
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    POTS
    Feedback Score
    You can buy the LG900G at Harris Tetter grocery Stores until 01/04/2011 for $29.95 (phone only).