Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG Optimus Apps

Feedback Score

LG Optimus Apps

Hey LG Optimus M owners,
    I just want to know, what are some of your favorite apps so far?

Here are some of mine:

Backgrounds - has 10,000+ backgrounds, you can change your wallpaper with so many different backgrounds, there are different categories

TuneWiki - this is a music player that also shows you the lyrics of the song you are listening to- very cool!

ChompSMS - very cool text messaging app. very customizable.

Advanced Task Killer - this saves battery life, you can kill different selected apps with just one button

Gesture Search - you use you fingers to write a letter to search for apps. for example, if you are lookin for "chompsms" you would write "C" and everything under that will pop up...cool app if you are looking for something and can't seem to find it.

Videotonez - Instead of just setting a ringtone, you can set VIDEOS as your ringtone so everytime someone calls, not only do you hear the song but you also see the video. cooool app!

Google Translate - title says it all, translate between different languages

Tango - video chat app...

Bonsai Blast - Funnn game (addicting lol)

Bistro Cook -Another fun addictive game

Dolphin Browser HD - cool browser, supports videos and you can pinch to zoom and desktop view

Ringdroid - cut and edit the songs in your phone and make it into your ringtone.

ShopSavvy - barcode scanner and it also shows you the prices on the web and also uses your GPS location to tell you what stores you can get it from and the prices in those stores

Evernote - a notepad app but you can attach pictures, videos, Audio and files to you notes ... coolll app!

FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE...

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Twitter for Android - I generally prefer the functions in this app over the LG one.

Facebook for Android
    - Same as above.

Soundhound
    - Great app for music recognition, definitely good to have if you want to know what the name of "X" song was and who the artist is.

Pandora
    - Better than radio IMO, all sorts of good music.

Skyfire - I tend to use this more than the metroWEB browser due to it being able to stream flash video content which is ultra handy. The interface takes some getting used to since there are perhaps a little TOO many widgets that are facebook related but otherwise I use this as the default browser.

Google Shopper - I don't use this that often but it's a nice handy thing to have in case you're looking to shop for a particular item.

AVG - A nice little anti-virus program, seems to work well enough and I like how it doesn't really interfere with your phone's settings.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I thought u guys where going to post the preloaded metro apps here.. U guys should do that. copy them from the LG Optimus M and post them here for other flashed phones now on Metro like my D1

Phone
    Huawei Ascend M860
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=W.S.;14297796]
    Pandora
    - Better than radio IMO, all sorts of good music.

Too bad Pandora is going to a subscription based mobile app, and it will no longer be free
    Couldn't have said it better myself, very great analogy:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    But if the question is "Will my non-LTE phone magically increase in speed while on the MetroPCS network, since MetroPCS has turned on their faster LTE network?" -- the answer is no. Just like back in the 60's, the old black and white CRT TV's could not magically receive color broadcasts just because the networks started broadcasting in color. You had to have a new color TV to receive the wondrous color TV shows.

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuestKev View Post
    Too bad Pandora is going to a subscription based mobile app, and it will no longer be free
    Aww, that sucks.
    Last edited by W.S.; 03-06-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    Hello,
    Can some explain to me how to change radio stations with pandora? when I first installed the program it ask me for a band/group I liked and i just put a band i some what like (only like 2 of there songs) and now i can't figure out hot to change it lol.. Also since I heart radio doesn't work on the optimus i got tune which is ok but seems to freeze alot? Any suggestions on a app that lets u stream your local stations?
    Thanks

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by porchese View Post
    Hello,
    Can some explain to me how to change radio stations with pandora? when I first installed the program it ask me for a band/group I liked and i just put a band i some what like (only like 2 of there songs) and now i can't figure out hot to change it lol.. Also since I heart radio doesn't work on the optimus i got tune which is ok but seems to freeze alot? Any suggestions on a app that lets u stream your local stations?
    Thanks
    Basically what you do is go to "menu" and touch the "create station" option with the artist of your choice.

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Few more apps worth noting:

Zedge - Great app for regular scrollable wallpapers, also does ringtones but I've never been too picky about those as long as they're not annoying sounding.

Dictionary - Fairly straightforward as to what this app does but I just like the ability to toggle between apps and browsers so that I don't have too many browser windows open.

Howard Forums - I think we all know about this one Well done Howard Chui.

Walgreens - Admittedly, I have some bias in this given that I work there but it's still a great app. Upload your phone photos (for 3.0-3.2 megapixel cameras I recommend the 4 x 5.3 size), renew prescriptions, check out the weekly flier, see the closest Walgreens locations, etc.

Skype - I have a lot of podcasting friends so I use this intermittently.

Flixter - 10x better than the Fandango app for movies which also uses Rotten Tomatoes for the reader reviews so at least you have some idea of what you're getting into. Plus it has what current DVD/Blu Rays are out and stuff like that.

IMDB - Nice for reference and works well with Flixter in the entertainment category.

Engadget - I use the mobile news choice since I like to read about mobile phone news.

Coupons
    - I don't use this THAT often but it seems like a pretty useful money saver and it always gives you a heads up on current deals.

Feedback Score
    Slacker is AWESOME!!!

Feedback Score
    Question, so I was sent some vids on my optimus, how can I play it? it won't play

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by classyfashion View Post
    Slacker is AWESOME!!!
    Is this similar to Pandora? I've seen Sydney from Phonedog use this on almost all of her smart phone reviews but I've never felt compelled to check it out.

Question, so I was sent some vids on my optimus, how can I play it? it won't play
    Hmm, how were the vids sent? It should be in the media section of your phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by W.S. View Post
    Is this similar to Pandora? I've seen Sydney from Phonedog use this on almost all of her smart phone reviews but I've never felt compelled to check it out.

Hmm, how were the vids sent? It should be in the media section of your phone.
    Yes, its similar to pandora but much better. For some odd reason, pandora never worked perfectly for me. It has great selections.

Through MMS. I tried looking in videos, not there I clicked the play button and it just goes to a blank white screen.

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Yes, its similar to pandora but much better. For some odd reason, pandora never worked perfectly for me. It has great selections.

Through MMS. I tried looking in videos, not there I clicked the play button and it just goes to a blank white screen.
    Ahh, I'll have to check Slacker Radio out then.

As for the video, it's possible that the video either didn't go through properly or it's hidden somewhere else in the MMS options. Personally I've never been able to send videos with this phone to another person via MMS for some odd reason but I'll see if I can figure it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by W.S. View Post
    Ahh, I'll have to check Slacker Radio out then.

As for the video, it's possible that the video either didn't go through properly or it's hidden somewhere else in the MMS options. Personally I've never been able to send videos with this phone to another person via MMS for some odd reason but I'll see if I can figure it out.
    Yes def. check it out

oh okay, yeah i don't know. how do you send it then?

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Yes def. check it out

oh okay, yeah i don't know. how do you send it then?
    I've uploaded videos to youtube from the SD card via the "Share it" option but every time I tried to send an MMS video it doesn't let me. But I'll look into it to see if it's just something up with my settings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast