Thread: Wimax in Tallahassee, FL

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score

Wimax in Tallahassee, FL

I came across the Sensorly App yesterday and was surprised to see it showing 4G coverage for a section of Tallahassee. So last night I decided to investigate and sure enough on this particular stretch of road a weak signal is obtained. I used the Shootme app to take some screen shots. Hopefully since Clearwire has obtained new funding this buildout will happen in 2011. This area around Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare and Chez Pierre off Thomasville Rd. What's surprising is they started on a canopy road and not closer to down town or the universities. Anyhow it's coming
    Attached Images Attached Images              

Feedback Score
    there is now active a 4g tower out on the far north east part of tallahassee I found yesterday out near Pisgah Road Church. been mapping the northeast side of town with sensorly as well. odd they would put a tower way out where I barely get 1x service. now if they would only put a tower in Killearn

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Yea it's really odd to me that they are building out that way versus covering the universities and downtown first.

Feedback Score
    I found the tower on the NE which is literally in the middle of no where. My hope is they will add more out in Killearn and in the downtown area to balance the 3 towers that are active now.

Here is the map I created http://howardforums.com/maps/xXw5

Phone
    Nexus5
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I noticed this too when digging around Clear's coverage maps. Little spots of coverage in a few small towns across MS, AL... and parts of North FL like Fort Walton, etc. Very weird places including Fort Polk in Louisiana that doesn't even have Sprint 3G. I hope they continue with this phase hitting several towns and bring it on down I-10.

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    So Verizon will launch its' LTE network tomorrow in Tallahassee and I have seen virtually no change since December for Clearwire's network deployment. Disappointing.