Its Prepaid hence no bill.

Check this out: http://mobilicity.ca/plans/pay-per-use/

These are the ROAMING RATES FOR USA

Voice call 25˘/min
    Text: 10˘ per use
    Data: $5/Mb
    Global Text: 10˘ per use

Global Roaming Rates:

Voice call $3.25/min (Three Dollars & 25 cents per minute)
    Text: 50˘ per use
    Data: $15/Mb (Fifteen Dollars / Mb)

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For those who doesn't believe the free roaming...

Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    I was charged roaming in edmonton. I was in the coverage area, well withing but was connected to CDN Roam when using service. Was dinged off my wallet balance, but customer service fixed it and walked me through to use the wcdma bands only. Fortunately I already knew how to do that on my new samsung vibrant (tmobile).
    So can someone clarify how they are roaming, what phones they are using. almost sound like i'm a mobil spy lmao. I have my phone set to only 1700/2100 bands and my reception/data sucks at most times, even though I'm well within the city, i know theirs still some bugs but...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yaguang View Post
    Didn't mobilicity have free roaming right now to make up for errors in their network? Think there was something about it on mobile syrup.

Though I can vouch that roaming rates are in effect for roaming in the US
    I read somewhere that roaming is free for the a month or 2 until Mobilicity fine tune their towers. Because right now even when you're in the Mobilicity zone, your phone might go into roaming mode because the signal is stornger.

Carriers
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoopMonkeyMonk View Post
    I read somewhere that roaming is free for the a month or 2 until Mobilicity fine tune their towers. Because right now even when you're in the Mobilicity zone, your phone might go into roaming mode because the signal is stornger.
    Along with fine tuning their towers, they need to ADD towers. In Ottawa, there are only *2* towers serving the entire downtown area. One antenna site is located at Bank and Somerset and the other one on top of the Westin Hotel. While coverage is acceptable outdoors, in building coverage is quite poor. I'm not that far from a window and I usually only have 1 to 2 bars on my phone IF I leave my phone on my desk. The minute I pick up my phone, it starts searching for a signal.

Mobilicity needs to address these issues quickly otherwise they will lose customers. Even Wind had a bigger network at launch.

Phones
    Samsung Vibrant
    Retired: MyTouch 3G, LG Keybo, LG Venus, Samsung Slyde M540, HTC Touch
    Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    They still end up charging you even if you're inside the area. I had 100 bucks in MyWallet, and now I ony have 68. I've been inside the unlimited area the entire time, but my phone decides to switch to CDN Roaming, and now I'm getting charged. That's not fair.

Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    @greenxgoblin perhaps switching your settings in your phone to select mobilicity network only under operator selection, then your phone will never switch to cdn roaming

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    SpeakOut
    Feedback Score
    I've been able to roam data only for free but any calls/txt are charged least for my bb lol my huawei gets no data at all even in coverage. Anyways for roaming mobi is beating my wind phone atm.

-----
    to note on my bb i just used gtalk, bbm, and msn to make any conversation but with 0$ mywallet u can't get any txt or msgs so u rely on emails. and no wifi is not on because I used it from Toronto to London and back.
    Last edited by sengook; 12-31-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: more info

Feedback Score
    still haven't figured out the mms issues with the viabrant for tmo

Phones
    Samsung Vibrant
    Retired: MyTouch 3G, LG Keybo, LG Venus, Samsung Slyde M540, HTC Touch
    Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    idk what is going on, but ever since I updated the rom on my Vibrant, it switches no matter what setting.

Phones
    LG Nexus 5
    LG Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS 16 GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I seem to be getting free roaming too! Not too sure why?
    Wind Mobile Customer Since: March 2014

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenxgoblin View Post
    idk what is going on, but ever since I updated the rom on my Vibrant, it switches no matter what setting.
    Mine switches back automatically, only switches out when I can't get a signal at all, did you go through the debug settings?

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by misteranswer View Post
    I can vouch that roaming doesn't even work in the US. It didn't for me at least in Las Vegas. I had no service at all.

Did you have to call in to activate it or something? I dug around and the only place it mentions that roaming is not available yet is in the FAQ.
    Roaming worked for me (in Vegas, too) - but only if I forced my phone to T-Mobile 3G network. Which is to say that it worked only in (some) cities, and not along the highway or on the outskirts of town...

Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    just to add info, free roaming has been turned off in Vancouver was posted on mobile syrup, but its still free near Ottawa, I was in Montreal Quebec this past week, and all my calls and data were free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2