Thread: what att phones will work with straight talk

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (r451[TF268435459004291804000000015152690859] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

does anyone know what att phones will work on straight talk if you use an e71 sim? As far I know that I have read just the iPhone... I would like to see witch phones u can use with an e71 sim...

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just about any, as long as they have the ability to have the APN/WAP info changed/edited so you can get Data and MMS to work.
    iPhone 4 running on StraightTalk Wireless 3G (AT&T MVNO)

Time Warner Cable (Home ISP)
    [/URL]

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (r451[TF268435459004291804000000015152690859] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by MrRomeo
    Just about any, as long as they have the ability to have the APN/WAP info changed/edited so you can get Data and MMS to work.
    Ok cool that just made my day... How do I know what phone's apn/wap info can be edited... Will this work for longer than 3 months or so... I read somewere that straight talks might catch on and shut you off after three months. Any truth to this? Cause I don't want to spen $200 for the e71 then some more for the att phone only to get shut off after three or so months.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DWilliams50501 View Post
    How do I know what phone's apn/wap info can be edited... Will this work for longer than 3 months or so... I read somewere that straight talks might catch on and shut you off after three months. Any truth to this?
    Most AT&T phones do allow editing the APN settings. T-Mobile is historically known for locking their phones down tighter in regards to web settings, but this applied more in the dumb/feature phone era. The other issue is that your phone must support AT&T's 3G frequency bands, otherwise it will only get the much slower EDGE data.

As far as getting shut down, the Terms and Conditions state you're not allowed to use the SIM in another phone - so it's not really a question of the rules, just the enforcement. I haven't heard the 90 days thing tossed around before, but I would basically avoid porting an important number and buy your service one month at a time. Worst case, you could call their clueless tech support, claim you just bought the phone second hand and ask for a new SIM card - then sell everything on eBay to recover your costs. I doubt it would come to that, but AT&T does know the IMEI of the phone you're using and Straight Talk knows what the IMEI is supposed to be, so it is possible.
    iPad plan on iPhone 4--------------------------------------Sprint 3G

Achievement Unlocked: Phone Collector