Thread: Suddenly cannot receive text messages from AIM contacts on t401g, help?

Carrier
    Straighttalk
    Feedback Score

Suddenly cannot receive text messages from AIM contacts on t401g, help?

Hello guys, I recently got myself a Samsung t401g with Straight talk, and it's a sweet phone, but just a few days ago for some reason I can no longer receive messages from my AIM contacts when they try to message my phone, it was working fine for awhile but it suddenly stopped, does anyone have any idea why that happened? Or perhaps someone can give me some advice on how to fix this?

I'd rather talk this out with you guys first before attempting to contact customer service, any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    I would say to try and register your phone with aim again. They usually send you a code to confirm. Perhaps doing it again might reset it to work. I had that happen with twitter a while back. Hope that helps.

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If it doesn't register it's a service problem and we can't help you. You'll have to call CS for that. BUT if those aim msgs are in short code, meaning it's a 5 digit number sending the msg to you, then ST MIGHT be blocking it...or you could just have a texting outage. OR...did you know the phone only holds so many text messages? Try clearing them out every so often, and don't forget to save pics if your sent them.

Carrier
    Straighttalk
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for the delayed reply, but I'm receiving texts from phones just fine, and I was able to get messages from AIM just fine til recently, and yes I keep my phone fairly empty of messages. This is possibly a service issue, damn it I don't want to call customer service. I appreciate the advice guys