Thread: How to check which phone's imei number is on file with AT&T?

Carrier
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score

How to check which phone's imei number is on file with AT&T?

There is always that first time when you upgraded your phone through AT&T or called in and gave them your imei number. Does anyone know how to check that imei number without calling customer service? OLAM does not seem to have that info. (I recently got a letter from AT&T asking me to bring my 2G "Device of Record" to corporate store to exchange for a 3G device. I have several phones in my family plan and we have used many different phones. Unless they mean the phone that is being used at the moment?) Thanks.
    Last edited by wlo8; 12-28-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    The only way that I know of would be to go to a store (could be corporate or an agent) and ask them which IMEI is on that number.

Carrier
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Goelz83 View Post
    The only way that I know of would be to go to a store (could be corporate or an agent) and ask them which IMEI is on that number.
    Thanks, wonder if corporate stores takes phone calls to check this information. The 611 number I have been calling just tells me the phone I am using right now (and I am pretty sure that is not the right one).

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As a former At&t CS rep, I am not aware of a tool to determine the IMEI entered in the billing system through any self-service tools.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wlo8 View Post
    Thanks, wonder if corporate stores takes phone calls to check this information. The 611 number I have been calling just tells me the phone I am using right now (and I am pretty sure that is not the right one).
    The only holdup I see you running into with a corporate store would be the ID requirement. They're supposed to verify a picture ID for any customer that they are accessing the account of. Without being in store, they really can't verify this information. 611 would be a better option but you would have to talk to a representative to get the information that you are seeking.

Feedback Score
    I would be wary of that exchange of a 2G device for a 3G device thing though. AT&T like all wireless companies are not out for well being of the customer. I am pretty sure that exchange will be accompanied by a nice shiny new contract for another 2 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp802 View Post
    I would be wary of that exchange of a 2G device for a 3G device thing though. AT&T like all wireless companies are not out for well being of the customer. I am pretty sure that exchange will be accompanied by a nice shiny new contract for another 2 years.
    This doesn't happen on AT&T. You can change the device that you use as often as you'd like and there is never a contract extension (unless you purchase a subsidized phone).

Required data plan, probably. New contract, no.

Carrier
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    Finally got a CSR on 611 who knows what I was looking for. Thanks everyone.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Finally got a CSR on 611 who knows what I was looking for. Thanks everyone.
    Do you mean that prior calls to CS resulted in confusion because they didn't know how to look up the IMEI ?? Would only have taken about 10 seconds to do it. I guess that the CSR scripts are getting more complicated and they aren't trained to go directly to the specific tool.

Carrier
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Do you mean that prior calls to CS resulted in confusion because they didn't know how to look up the IMEI ?? Would only have taken about 10 seconds to do it. I guess that the CSR scripts are getting more complicated and they aren't trained to go directly to the specific tool.
    My initial inquiries all resulted in the phone my sim card is in at that moment, not the phone I have on file with Att.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My initial inquiries all resulted in the phone my sim card is in at that moment, not the phone I have on file with Att.
    Then that means they were doing their job correctly. To look up a previous IMEI can take a little time to research in the notes. Either way, it seems like you got the information you were looking for, so it's all good.

Feedback Score
    I just went online to my account and under My Profile > Contract Information there is a link to open a file with my Contract info and it has my "phone of record" on there by make and model. It's the last phone I upgraded to when I extended my contract several years ago, a LG CU515 and I no longer have it. There is also a link to open my Customer Service Summary which identifies the phone my SIM is currently in, and the phone that my account shows me using, a Nokia 6030. No IMEI numbers but still maybe enough info for most people to figure it out, unless they had more than one of the same make/model.

They are targeting my area for the 3G phone upgrade as well. My son, who is on my account, got a letter. Unfortunately I did not since the LG CU515, which is my "phone of record" is 3G capable even though it's long gone and I got my current one off ebay. I'm out of contract and don't want to sign up for another 2 yrs so sad to be me .

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Samsung SIII
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mladyd View Post
    I just went online to my account and under My Profile > Contract Information there is a link to open a file with my Contract info and it has my "phone of record" on there by make and model. It's the last phone I upgraded to when I extended my contract several years ago, a LG CU515 and I no longer have it. There is also a link to open my Customer Service Summary which identifies the phone my SIM is currently in, and the phone that my account shows me using, a Nokia 6030. No IMEI numbers but still maybe enough info for most people to figure it out, unless they had more than one of the same make/model.

They are targeting my area for the 3G phone upgrade as well. My son, who is on my account, got a letter. Unfortunately I did not since the LG CU515, which is my "phone of record" is 3G capable even though it's long gone and I got my current one off ebay. I'm out of contract and don't want to sign up for another 2 yrs so sad to be me .
    Thanks for this - I found that link too I think, it opens a PDF. It _does_ have my old original IMEI in the bottom left corner of the last page, in a box called, "My Service Details".