Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huawei Ascend No network connection

Feedback Score

Huawei Ascend No network connection

Had a couple of customers come in where they could not access The android market place or create a gmail account. It keeps giving them the error, no network connection. connect to a wifi. However when there connected to wifi, its still giving them the same error. Yet they can use metro web and surf with no problem.

Anyone else having or seen this problem?

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, that has happened to me a few times. I told customers that Google's servers are probably overwhelmed, and to try again later. Every customer I checked back with was eventually able to establish a connection with Google's servers.

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by for2njr View Post
    Yeah, that has happened to me a few times. I told customers that Google's servers are probably overwhelmed, and to try again later. Every customer I checked back with was eventually able to establish a connection with Google's servers.
    This happened to me when I was went in to activate my phone after puchasing it online. You have to make sure the gmail account is set up over the network and NOT through wi-fi. It will get an error message saying something about data not being provisioned. Now... don't quote me on what I said being the same Exact thing, but It sounds EXACTLY like what happened to me.

The guy at the store I took my phone to was trying to set up gmail over wi-fi and for the longest time we couldn't figure out why...until I went into the settings and turned off wi-fi manually and connected to the network...then bam, everything was good.

Feedback Score
    yeah we were trying to set it up over wifi as well ... thanks

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ant001 View Post
    yeah we were trying to set it up over wifi as well ... thanks
    No problem!!

Phone
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    ive had six so far and counting...tried everything, reprogramming, having the switch reset, taking it off the account anf back on..ive been exchanging them all

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjsweesy View Post
    ive had six so far and counting...tried everything, reprogramming, having the switch reset, taking it off the account anf back on..ive been exchanging them all
    Don't get offended, but make sure the wi-fi is off!!! I am sure you probably checked this, but this is what happened to me. I soon as i went into the settings n turned off the wi-fi , I was able to establish a connection and set up the Gmail account.

I don't know if this is the exact same problem as I had, but sounds very similar!!

Phone
    Huawei Ascend M860
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I am having the problem right now. I made sure wi-fi is off, and it does the same thing
    Couldn't have said it better myself, very great analogy:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    But if the question is "Will my non-LTE phone magically increase in speed while on the MetroPCS network, since MetroPCS has turned on their faster LTE network?" -- the answer is no. Just like back in the 60's, the old black and white CRT TV's could not magically receive color broadcasts just because the networks started broadcasting in color. You had to have a new color TV to receive the wondrous color TV shows.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    LG Optimus M 690
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Turn wifi off. Open the web browser. Then hit the end button (call end). Then set up gmail from the icon in the menu, not the market place. This will sync everything up.
    Last edited by phillyprx09; 01-13-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: more details added.
    Unlimit Yourself...MetroPCS

Phone
    Huawei Ascend M860
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i got it working.

The problem occurs when you initially skip the setup on most of the ascends. not all area ffected. to combat this, you must do a factory data reset, and set up the account that way.

I got that information from data services department of MetroPCS dealer Support Group. So there maybe an easier method, but this works nice and easy

Phone
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    did it wipe the contacts out when you did it? i knew it had something to do with the way they were being setup, everyone i have sold works fine but the ones from other dealers are coming in

Phone
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyprx09 View Post
    Turn wifi off. Open the web browser. Then hit the end button (call end). Then set up gmail from the icon in the menu, not the market place. This will sync everything up.
    ill try that, its about the only thing i havent tried besides wiping it

Feedback Score
    yeah people here were originally factory reseting the devices, but if you turn off the wifi via settings, it works perfectly.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend M860
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ant001 View Post
    yeah people here were originally factory reseting the devices, but if you turn off the wifi via settings, it works perfectly.
    actually it doesn't which is why people end up doing the factory reset. Believe. I had a custoemrs phone for over an hour trying to set up his gmail account, and I made sure to make Wifi inactive. There is a "bug" in some Ascends where if you dont setup the Gmail account up front through the start up tutorial, when you go back to it, you will keep getting the error. On the ascends that dont have this problem, you can set up a gmail account at anytime, and even with wifi(ask me how I know this lol).

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to attack whoever I quoted. I just want to make sure the right information gets out there. have a good day!!!

Feedback Score
    Then you should put an asterisk, because its work for me and everyone at my store who has seen this problem, every single time with the huwawei 860. Maybe your not doing it right.

Ive done this on over 30 phones so far. So if you want to make sure you get the "right" information out double check before making those accusations.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast