Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Net10 Lg 900G Newbie help

Phone
    LG 900G
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Net10 Lg 900G Newbie help

Recently purchased an Lg900g. Any help on how to install apps and a better browser would be appreciated. I've downloaded a few apps from getjar to my pc, but I'm not sure how or where to install them on the phone.

Also what browser should I use and what about snaptu?

Thanks,

Bob K.

Feedback Score
    I installed mini opera on my lg900 but haven't had a chance to play with it very much. I installed it by copying it form my computer to my mini sd card. Just drag it to the card, dont try to put it in a folder. When you put the card back in the phone, go to "my folder" then "other files". Opera should be there, follow the instructions from there to install it.

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    ...And another method (which I use on my LG900 and LG420) is to download the application to PC, and then transfer from PC to phone via bluetooth, if you have that route. If not, icediver's mi SD is good also. As icediver pointed out, once the file is in your phone, go find it, and highlight the file. The phone will recognize it at this point and present you with a option to 'Launch' (install) (look at bottom of screen for that). press the center button of your navigation keys and away it goes!

I never used snapto.

What browser, One of the Opera mini's or Bolt would be my suggestion. By going with another browser other than the one the phone has, gets you around a severe web page size limit.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/

http://boltbrowser.com/home.html

Don't be afraid to experiment. That is what we did. These phones are cheap to replace if you goof up.

Just kidding....

Actually uninstalling (if goof and have to start over, but I doubt you will) is easy...just go to your games or applications folder, highlight the file, go to options and look for 'Delete'.

Enjoy your new phone,

K-L-M

Phone
    LG 900G
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I appreciate the suggestions, I'll try them out after the holiday. Happy New Year!

Thanks again,

BK

Phone
    LG 900G
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Checked opera's website, but the LG 900g nor the GW300 are listed. Which version do you download? Also, do I need the jar or jad file or both?

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    rmkobige - I myself never worry about the Opera-mini list of phones, I just get the .JAR (never need the .JAD) and try it.

Version 3 ,4, 5 all have their incremental changes. You can install all 3 of them (in phone at same time) if you like, like I did. Then you can find out what each are like. For the LGG900G, I'd suggest 4 or 5, to your linking.

Have fun!

K-L-M

Phone
    LG 900G
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Thanks again,

Installed Opera 5, seems to work well but still have a few questions:

1: will I always see this annoying "Application is not trusted..." message when navigating to a site or only the first time I navigate there?

2: How do I change which websites are stored in the speed dial "buttons"? I've looked around the menus, but can't seem to find this option. I've stored a few myself in the available buttons, but would like to be able to change them in the future possibly. Would also like to get rid of the NY Times button, if possible.

3: Are there any good opera help files out there?

Thanks,

BK

Feedback Score
    I also would like to know if you can stop this annoying "Application is not trusted..." message when navigating to a site. This slows down your browsing.

Also, is the lg900g able to watch youtube videos or no?

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    You have to have a signed version of the app (Opera, Bolt) you are using in order to not see that.

The 900G cannot play You Tube videos.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    You have to have a signed version of the app (Opera, Bolt) you are using in order to not see that.

The 900G cannot play You Tube videos.
    Ok, I downloaded the opera 5.1, and it gets ready to dowload from the site (when i press launch on my phone) but it doesn't complete it and it says 'Invalid descriptor'. What is causing this and how can I get this installed on my phone??

I also tried to install 'LG PCsuite' but it tells me on my phone that its 'file is not supported.

Bear with me cause im new at this phone stuff.

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    any updates on this?
    I a, extremely new too. brotherconcern I think the best way is to download it on an SD micro card then go from there.

As far as other apps go, do you just install ones you like and see if they work? do all apps use airtime? or are some games just like a program and don't need to open the browser?

thanks

Feedback Score
    hi,

i read your responses and you seem like you know a lot more than me about the lg900g

everything works fine: except: when i go the regular BROWSER option in the lg900g: i can access websites, but, for instance, when i try to enter my email info on my gmail, or yahoomail entry page: the letters on the lg900g keyboard dont show up.

i press the keyboard and no letters appear in the fields on the website. however, ONE TIME, i accidentally hit some putton on the lg900g keyboard and it DID receive the letters i typed; thus, i know everything's working,

but do you know if there's some lock which prevents the keyboard from transmitting to the website? it's not the regular LOCK KEYS on the phone: because i can access other stuff, and successfully transmit text messages

for some reason: the website fields, e.g. google search field, gmail entry fields: show nothing when i type on the keyboard (except that one time)

thanks for your help

Phones
    Motorola i465, Motorola i335, LG LG900G
    Motorola XPRT MB612
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    New to this phone also :P Wondering if you've seen this on yours, regarding removing old .JAR files: I have been able to copy .JAR files (via BT) to both the internal memory of the phone, and to an external 4GB MicroSD card, with different results.

Primary storage setting to:

Handset memory: Once the app is installed, I am able to delete the original .JAR (located in the Others folder) and the app still runs perfectly.

External memory (MicroSD Card): Once the app is installed, if I delete the original .JAR (located in the Others folder) the app in the Applications folder can no longer be found.

Have you found a way to install apps on the External memory, without having to keep a ton of .JAR files in your Others folder?

Carriers
    net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by argos29 View Post
    hi,

i read your responses and you seem like you know a lot more than me about the lg900g

everything works fine: except: when i go the regular BROWSER option in the lg900g: i can access websites, but, for instance, when i try to enter my email info on my gmail, or yahoomail entry page: the letters on the lg900g keyboard dont show up.

i press the keyboard and no letters appear in the fields on the website. however, ONE TIME, i accidentally hit some putton on the lg900g keyboard and it DID receive the letters i typed; thus, i know everything's working,

but do you know if there's some lock which prevents the keyboard from transmitting to the website? it's not the regular LOCK KEYS on the phone: because i can access other stuff, and successfully transmit text messages

for some reason: the website fields, e.g. google search field, gmail entry fields: show nothing when i type on the keyboard (except that one time)

thanks for your help
    I found this out by chance. When it looks like you are in the field, press the ok button, the text box becomes outlined. That is the equivalent of clicking in the text-box to get the I-bar (cursor) in the text-box. At that point you can enter text.

"I say hacking is just trying stuff out to see what it does."

Its OS is a tedious system, per me.

-- This is the manual for the LG 900g (sic) phone.
    http://img.orange.sk/orange_sk/data/...erguide,en.pdf
    Last edited by ogeneyes; 03-28-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling, wording, .sig added

Phones
    Zte Merit LG 900G
    Lg 900G
    Zte Merit
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Here is the site I used, Followed it to a T and now I dont get that untrusted pop-up. took a few times to get it right. http://blog.wapreview.com/6693/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast