Thread: LG900G Sim card

Feedback Score

LG900G Sim card

I just bought a LG900G from radio shack and i want to port my number in. My question is on straighttalk phones it has a great big A behaind the bar code for att and a t for tmobile. Net use to have c4 for att and t5 for tmobile on the barcode. On this phone it just has the esn number, How do i tell if it is Att or Tmobile? I dont really want to open it because radio shack wont take it back. Tmobile in my erea has a weak signal and bad service so i need Att so i can get the unlimited plan.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    You won't know for sure until you actually see the SIM card that's in the phone. The LG900g is a Quad Band phone, I know that because I have the code to get into the Advanced Menus of this phone. It's a good phone, just has a small amount of on-board memory. But I've solved that problem. Sorry off the subject.
    What you can do is, slide the plastic from it's paper container, on the front of the plastic package where you see the actual phone, simply pull the tab in the upper right hand corner. That will allow you access to just the phone and the installed SIM. If it has the TMobile SIM, simply return it to Radio Shack and get your money back. Go to another Radio Shack in the opposite side of town or different town where you know TMoblile doesn't cover. Then you should have one with ATT SIM.
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Feedback Score
    And if the sim card says TF64SIMC4 its at&t and T5 is TMOBILE?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeman View Post
    Yes. Also, ATT sims start with 890141 and T-mo sims begin with 890126.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeman View Post
    i have a lg900g phone with an at&t sim card in it. i want to use it in my iphone 3g. can i do it?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogrunninwil View Post
    i have a lg900g phone with an at&t sim card in it. i want to use it in my iphone 3g. can i do it?
    No. That is a locked SIM card and will work in NO other phone. You can buy an unlocked type SIM for the iPhone from N10 or Straight Talk, but it requires the unlimited 30 day plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    No. That is a locked SIM card and will work in NO other phone. You can buy an unlocked type SIM for the iPhone from N10 or Straight Talk, but it requires the unlimited 30 day plan.
    i bought a sim card from straight talk for the iphone now but they said i have to look online to see what to do to get MMS. what do i need to do and do i have to get my iphone unlocked from AT&T? the sim card is an AT&T sim card that i purchased from straight talk so i assume i wont have to or am i wrong?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogrunninwil View Post
    i bought a sim card from straight talk for the iphone now but they said i have to look online to see what to do to get MMS. what do i need to do and do i have to get my iphone unlocked from AT&T? the sim card is an AT&T sim card that i purchased from straight talk so i assume i wont have to or am i wrong?
    You should be posting this in the Straight Talk foum, not in Net10.

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...-Straight-Talk