Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AT&T MicroCell with Net10/Tracfone

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

AT&T MicroCell with Net10/Tracfone

I get no service most of the time in my house, when I do get service it is never more than 1 bar. My dad has an AT&T phone, my Mom has a Tracfone, and my little brother and I have Net10 phones. We would like to get rid of our home phone, but we can't until we can get reliable service on all of our phones. So I need to know that if I get the AT&T MicroCell if it will work or not with all of our phones. I know that Net10 and Tracfone use the AT&T network, so I think it should be fine. If you don't think that the Microcell would work, what would you recommend that we do to get better reception?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Are you sure that the Trac/Net10 phones are on AT&T? They could be T-Mobile or Verizon.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saleenman View Post
    I get no service most of the time in my house, when I do get service it is never more than 1 bar. My dad has an AT&T phone, my Mom has a Tracfone, and my little brother and I have Net10 phones. We would like to get rid of our home phone, but we can't until we can get reliable service on all of our phones. So I need to know that if I get the AT&T MicroCell if it will work or not with all of our phones. I know that Net10 and Tracfone use the AT&T network, so I think it should be fine. If you don't think that the Microcell would work, what would you recommend that we do to get better reception?

Thanks!
    if it's anything like sprint's airave, it won't work. i have a phone on boost cdma and it will connect to the airave but i can't make any calls.

if i were you, check into getting a verizon or t-mobile net10 phone. just make sure they work in your house before switching.
    LG Nexus 4 - T-Mobile (postpaid)
    Nokia Lumia 521 - T-Mobile (prepaid)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sprint (via Ting)
    ZTE Valet - Verizon (via Tracfone)
    Apple iPad 2 - WiFi only

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    saleenman, Google "Cellular Booster Repeater"

I'd recommend a Wilson Cellular Booster/Repeater by Wilson Electronics, they are expensive but in the long run compared to the cost of a MicroCell from AT$T, it will pay for itself quickly.
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Feedback Score
    Going out on a limb here but AT&T's MicroCell requires AT&T phones. A friend of mine has one for his iPhone. Your Trac and Net10 phones are not AT&T, even if they are borrowing the ATT network. It could be an expensive gamble whereas the Wilson item mentioned above will work with any cellphone. In case you want to know anyway, if you look at your sim cards you can tell which service the Trac/Net phones are on. (CDMA phones have no sim card and usually operate on Verizon.) C4 on the sim = AT&T. T5 on the sim = T-Mobile.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    My first thought was "why wouldn't an ATT based trac/n10 work on an ATT Microcell? Heck my PP and trac cdma's work on a Verizon extender."

But unlike a VZ extender you need to actually register the phone numbers of the ATT phones that will be using the Microcell, in your online ATT account. With the VZ extender any phone that uses the VZ network can hook to the extender - no registration required.

So, on second thought, I'm not sure that it will work with trac/n10 fones. All depends if your ATT online account will allow you to register the phone numbers. I have attempted to register ATT based tracs in different areas of ATT's OLAM in the past and the numbers have NOT been recognized as ATT numbers.

As far as cost? It appears that it can be had for just the cost of the Microcell device itself. There would be no reason to buy the monthly subscription if you are able to use a trac/n10 fone with it. All the subscription would do is save an ACTUAL ATT phone from using plan minutes while connected to the Microcell. So the subscription itself would save a trac/n10 user nothing.

The Microcell does work with ATT Gophones.
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hi Guys, I'm not sure about this, but i believe the verizon network extender has to be registered to an account to use it. Lets say you have a tracfone or a pageplus phone, I don't think you can just go out an buy the extender and get it to work,I think it has to be on a verizon account first,then anyone with a cdma phone can use it. correct me if i'm wrong, this is just what i have heard.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harry_from_vt View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm not sure about this, but i believe the verizon network extender has to be registered to an account to use it. Lets say you have a tracfone or a pageplus phone, I don't think you can just go out an buy the extender and get it to work,I think it has to be on a verizon account first,then anyone with a cdma phone can use it. correct me if i'm wrong, this is just what i have heard.
    Like I said earlier, "Heck my PP and trac cdma's work on a Verizon extender." I posted that because my PP and trac/n10 cdma handsets DO work on my VZ extender. Let me try again.........I have trac/n10 and PP cdma handsets working on a VZ extender. The extender is registered to my sisters VZ contract phone account. It has to be registered to a VZ account.

However, THIS thread that we are posting in is about an ATT Microcell extender.

Phones
    Droid 3, SE W518,
    Atrix HD, HTC 8925
    Carrier
    TMO, H2O, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I believe the AT&T MicroCell will only work with 3G phones, not regular GSM. TracFone/Net10 phones on AT&T do not have 3G (except for the StraightTalk Nokia smartphones).

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Why would anyone want to pay AT$T a monthy fee to use their MicroCell, when a Cellular Booster/Repeater is a one time cost?
    Guess that's why US cellular service providers offer phones cheaper than the retail price, because people feel they are getting a deal, but in reality they pay the retail cost of the phone over the length of a 2 year contract.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
    Why would anyone want to pay AT$T a monthy fee to use their MicroCell, when a Cellular Booster/Repeater is a one time cost?
    Guess that's why US cellular service providers offer phones cheaper than the retail price, because people feel they are getting a deal, but in reality they pay the retail cost of the phone over the length of a 2 year contract.
    FWIW..you don't have to pay a monthly fee.....it's an option.

Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Phones
    RIM BlackBerry Q10
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
    Wrong, the AT&T M-Cell is a one time cost when purchased from AT&T.

The only time you pay a monthly fee is if you want unlimited minutes on the M-Cell, otherwise it's a one time fee and uses minutes from your plan.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Wrong, the AT&T M-Cell is a one time cost when purchased from AT&T.

The only time you pay a monthly fee is if you want unlimited minutes on the M-Cell, otherwise it's a one time fee and uses minutes from your plan.
    Thank you for concurring with what I pointed out in post#6........

Over 16,000 posts made.....how many read?jk

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    From AT$T Website: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/why/3gmicrocell/
    AT&T 3G MicroCell acts like a mini cellular tower in your home or small business environment. It connects to AT&T's network via your existing broadband Internet service (such as U-verse, DSL or cable) and is designed to support up to four simultaneous users in a home or small business setting.

Device Features:

* Enhanced coverage indoors.
    * No required additional monthly fees – just use the wireless minutes and data from your existing plan.
    * Available unlimited minute voice feature.
    * 3G handset compatible – works with any AT&T 3G phone.
    * Supports 3G data services for customers without Wi-Fi capable handsets*.
    * Device is secure – cannot be accessed by unauthorized users, easy and secure online management of device settings.
    * Call hand-over capability – start calls on your 3G MicroCell and continue without interruption, even if you leave the building.

Device Requirements:

* 3G wireless phone
    * Broadband connection such as AT&T U-Verse, DSL, or cable
    * Computer with Internet access for online registration

Additional Information:

* Installing your device near a window is strongly recommended to ensure access to Global Positioning System (GPS). A GPS link is needed to verify the device location during the initial startup.
    * The 3G MicroCell is portable and may be moved, provided the new location is within the AT&T authorized service area and properly registered online.
    * Calls transfer out, but don't transfer in. Calls transfer from the 3G MicroCell to the strongest available AT&T tower signal. However, calls connected on the cell tower do not transfer to the 3G MicroCell.
    PAY CLOSE ATTENTIONS TO THE LAST PART :* Calls transfer out, but don't transfer in. Calls transfer from the 3G MicroCell to the strongest available AT&T tower signal. However, calls connected on the cell tower do not transfer to the 3G MicroCell.

That's why they are cheaper, one way connection.

A cellular booster/repeater is a 2 way connection.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Well for those who live in rural areas, don't buy this piece of junk!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast