Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So frusturated! SAMSUNG R451C cannot use program with *22890 tried everything!

Feedback Score

Exclamation So frusturated! SAMSUNG R451C cannot use program with *22890 tried everything!

I've purchased many phones on straighttalk.com, yes they are reconditioned but I've never had a problem before!!
    I got my R451C through fedex the other day, so excited because i've been without a phone and now im filled with anger frustration and hopelessness!! HONESTLY! I called straight talk, gave them my phone's serial number/service card pin# and my zip code and the phone number and seria were successfully activated, now.. after activating those through a 1877 number, they tell you to dial *22890 (and other numbers to program the information number and service card to your phone.. I promise i'm not an idiot or begginner but straight talk only knows to tell me to take the battery out and try again, wait a day and another day. MY phone wont call out, recieve calls, go online, send/recieve texts;; it will not let me dial *22890 or any other number for that matter, it surely has reception and my other straight talks work here. I found the hidden menu but i don't know what to change if anything to do a hard reset or get it to work and program my phone to straight talks service so I can use it! PLEASE PLEASE tell me anything you can to help I've searched the web for days, been on the phone with straight talk for hours and hours and they just say wait it out to get me off the phone. nothing will change with time, for some reason it has reception but wont dial out or connect to program, I've tried in different areas and streets it just isnt working. Please help so I can rest easy!!!!

version: s/w r451.ch12
    prl:59147
    eri: none
    browser: 6.2.3.8
    H/W: r451.08
    system select: Automatic
    pc connection turned off, airplane mode off, security reset settings
    tried everything i could think of

codyb589@live.com

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Try dialing just *228.
    From what I've learned. Most CDMA carriers are not doing OTA PRL updates anymore. I know for sure Sprint has stopped, you actually have to call CS then beg them to do an OTA PRL update.
    If you've gotten into the Network Menus, do a little research to figure out which CDMA carrier you'll be using. Find the NAM info for that carrier then enter that into NAM1 and NAM2. You could call the local CDMA carrier store and ask for their help inputting the correct network info.
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I was in an identical situation posted by Cody. Purchased a reconditioned Samsung R451C and the phone could not be activated. ST customer service made me go through the usual hoops (dial *22890, *22891, *228, *22800, *22801, remove battery / put back etc.) Nothing worked, and they finally came to the conclusion it may be a bad device.

The replacement policy is a joke, as it required that I send back the bad phone first, before they would send me the replacement. I already lsot the cell phone service for 2 days, and this replacement business was going to take another 7 to 10 days.

I finally ended up in driving to Walmart and bought a R451C. I activated the new cell phone on my account using the ST website, and the activation process went through smoothly, on first attempt.

I strongly advice folks NOT to buy the reconditioned equipment. They are "reconditioned" for a reason. Bad phone, bad ESN etc.

ST support are tyring to be helpful, but they cannot do much in situations like this. I have two ST lines, so far I seen the service works best if you have a new phones (clean ESN).

John

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    This is a bit off topic, but I don't think it's worth a new thread. My phone is an R451C, not reconditioned but pretty old for a ST phone (I got it in fall '09). I got a text message from ST yesterday telling me to dial *22890 to update my roaming capabilities. I did and everything is fine, but I was under the impression that ST CDMA phones didn't roam. What's up with that message?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jskillings07 View Post
    I was in an identical situation posted by Cody. Purchased a reconditioned Samsung R451C and the phone could not be activated. ST customer service made me go through the usual hoops (dial *22890, *22891, *228, *22800, *22801, remove battery / put back etc.) Nothing worked, and they finally came to the conclusion it may be a bad device.

The replacement policy is a joke, as it required that I send back the bad phone first, before they would send me the replacement. I already lsot the cell phone service for 2 days, and this replacement business was going to take another 7 to 10 days.

I finally ended up in driving to Walmart and bought a R451C. I activated the new cell phone on my account using the ST website, and the activation process went through smoothly, on first attempt.

I strongly advice folks NOT to buy the reconditioned equipment. They are "reconditioned" for a reason. Bad phone, bad ESN etc.

ST support are tyring to be helpful, but they cannot do much in situations like this. I have two ST lines, so far I seen the service works best if you have a new phones (clean ESN).

John

Sorry to hear about your problems, John. Though Straight Talk has terrible phone support, their facebook page is a little better. That being said, I don't think too many companies will ship out a new exchange product without first receiving the one being returned, that's standard across the board "Business 101" in most cases. Although Musicians Friend did send me a new guitar chord and told me not to worry about returning the non-working one, but that was only a $10.00 item. I'm a HUGE believer in buying reconditioned/refurbished items of all kinds since they almost always carry the same warranty. It's worked out good for me as I can't recall ever having to return any refurbished item and I've bought dozens.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    did you look at the prepaid menu and make sure it is the right phone number . you could try a hard reset. i had a post about it a week ago. look it up after the hard reset then do the -22890 . Also cs on facebook for straight talk is a lot better then the phone call center. good luck..

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Did it change your phone number it did mine.. Then locked me out of the phone.. You are suppose to do that code once and awhile because the towers are always changing sometimes more sometimes less.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NerdyMaGee View Post
    This is a bit off topic, but I don't think it's worth a new thread. My phone is an R451C, not reconditioned but pretty old for a ST phone (I got it in fall '09). I got a text message from ST yesterday telling me to dial *22890 to update my roaming capabilities. I did and everything is fine, but I was under the impression that ST CDMA phones didn't roam. What's up with that message?
    For what it's worth, My R451C just roamed for the first time ever. I guess something has changed.

Feedback Score
    So the cdma phones roam on the Sprint network now?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlmond123 View Post
    I guess (there may be other CDMA carriers in my general area, but Verizon and Sprint are the only two I know of for sure). I know the website still says they don't, but here's what happened.

Some days ago, I received the text I posted about. I dialed *22890 and a couple of days later, my phone said "ROAM" for the first time ever. It was in a location where I normally lose service. I still lost service for all intents and purposes. The signal was very weak and I kept losing it, but my phone had never ever said "ROAM" before, though this is a location I visit at least weekly.

Feedback Score
    how do I do the hard reset? I was told to enter 186 in the FTM mode but I dont know how to get there!

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    47*68#13580 Then enter code: 185 this will reset everything and you will lose everything when the phone boots back up go and turn the phone lock off and then i think you will have to call and reprogram the phone.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlmond123 View Post
    I don't think anyone cares, but just in case... I'm pretty sure it's Bluegrass Cellular I'm roaming on; not Sprint. The roaming continues. I'm kind of excited.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juster12 View Post
    47*68#13580 Then enter code: 185 this will reset everything and you will lose everything when the phone boots back up go and turn the phone lock off and then i think you will have to call and reprogram the phone.
    ok so I'm NO GOOD at this! so I enter 47*68#13580 then what?! If i hit send, it tries to call it. I hit OK and nothing. there is no service on the phone now, does that matter? I am pulling my hair out at this point!!!

Phones
    Blackberry 8310,lg300g,nokia 5185i
    8310 Curve
    LG300G
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
    Try dialing just *228.
    From what I've learned. Most CDMA carriers are not doing OTA PRL updates anymore. I know for sure Sprint has stopped, you actually have to call CS then beg them to do an OTA PRL update.
    If you've gotten into the Network Menus, do a little research to figure out which CDMA carrier you'll be using. Find the NAM info for that carrier then enter that into NAM1 and NAM2. You could call the local CDMA carrier store and ask for their help inputting the correct network info.
    I HATE TO HIJACK THIS OLD THREAD BUT Scotsman828 are you a sprint fan boy or just an idiot!?
    almost all cdma carriers do OTA PRL updates. sprint is an oddball/rarity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast