Thread: Caller ID Spoofing / Changing

Phone
    Samsung Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score

Caller ID Spoofing / Changing

Hi,

I just recently switched to WIND and ported my old number to a voip account (which fwds to my WIND number). I was wondering if it's possible to change which number appears on people's caller ID when I call as I'd like my old number to show up..

I currently have the android Nexus S
    -
    "The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    why not just keep it that way and put a message in your voicemail advertising the main business number? most businesses do it that anyway
    My Feedback
    I put the "Ho" back in "HOFO"

Phone
    Google Galaxy Nexus, BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Carrier
    WIND Mobile, Telus HSPA
    Feedback Score
    Phone doesn't control the outbound callerid. Handled by the provider.

Feedback Score
    If you want your old number (VOIP) shows up as caller ID then there are many ways...

1) The easiest way if you have data is install VOIP app on your phone and use it to dial out using VOIP over 3G mobile internet...

2) Use call through/call back service. For example, you dial your VOIP number and it will let you dial any other phone number you want to call. This will depends on which VOIP providers you have. For example,

voip.ms has DISA (Direct Inward System Access) feature. It will recognize your phone number and let you dial any other number. It will transmit your VOIP number as caller ID.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r239...ISA-now-active

If your VOIP has 2 lines like Acanac, you can register it at pbxes.com and use it for callthrough service

Phone
    Samsung Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    me815.. thanks for the tip! Do you know of any apps for android that will allow me to use the DISA for calling transparently? I don't want to have to dial everyone's number manually after calling the call through number....

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agentbob View Post
    me815.. thanks for the tip! Do you know of any apps for android that will allow me to use the DISA for calling transparently? I don't want to have to dial everyone's number manually after calling the call through number....
    DISA has nothing to do with your device. It needs to be setup by your provider. It's essentially a "calling card". You dial a number, optionally enter a username/password, and get a dial tone, from which you can dial another number.
    Coverage Mapper - A crowd sourced cellular signal strength mapping application
    Download from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...CoverageMapper.
    http://www.coveragemapper.com

The opinions stated here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer.

Phone
    Samsung Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
    DISA has nothing to do with your device. It needs to be setup by your provider. It's essentially a "calling card". You dial a number, optionally enter a username/password, and get a dial tone, from which you can dial another number.
    I understand that, and I have an account with voip.ms... but I'm wondering if there's any calling-card apps that you'd recommend for android so I don't need to manually enter the phone numbers I'd like to call... so that I can call directly from my contact list

Feedback Score
    I understand that, and I have an account with voip.ms... but I'm wondering if there's any calling-card apps that you'd recommend for android so I don't need to manually enter the phone numbers I'd like to call... so that I can call directly from my contact list
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiphas View Post
    Finally, I configured an app on my Android phone, called Phonecard Express. This is set up so that the DISA number is dialed and the PIN entered automatically, so I can just use the standard dialer to enter a number if I want to call someone. I just need to press a button at the end of pressing Send to confirm that it's indeed being routed through VoIP.
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/unlim...-phone-919161/

Feedback Score
    download "spoofApp" for android ..

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can insert pauses into contact entries with commas.
    For example, I have a contact with a number of 8885556666,,2,yy,zzzz,4165551234, where 8885556666 gets me into my phone system, yy is my username, zzzz is my password, and 4165551234 is the number of the contact I want to dial.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that the solutions of "use a VoIP app" completely change the behaviour of the call (i.e. they use data). This will not work while outside of a WIND Zone (cost and speed), whereas true DISA (where you dial in) will work (although still cost 25 cents/minute).

Phone
    Samsung Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Thanks me815! Phonecard Express works great! People now see my old cell number when I call