Thread: LG 900g Annoying Messages

Feedback Score

LG 900g Annoying Messages

I just got a new LG 900g from Net 10. Phone is decent compared to other prepaid phones, but a few issues are driving me crazy:

Is there anyway to disable the Minutes Used/Remaining Notification that pops up every time you send a text, make a call, or get on the internet? I have an unlimited plan, I have no reason to see this message ever.

When downloading software from getjar, or anywhere, I get constant "Software is Untrusted" warnings. is there anyway to turn that off?

Thanks all.

Cory
    http://www.promo-prods.com
    Last edited by promo-prods; 01-02-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: misspelling

Feedback Score
    To get rid of the "Software is untrusted" message, you just have to make sure the software is signed. I'm also having the same problem with the other pop ups though, very annoying. Has anyone figured this out yet? I wonder if there's an app. out there that just straight blocks pop ups.. or maybe there's a secret menu to deactivate it. Any help would be great.

Phones
    LG 900G
    LG 900G
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I'd be interested in this as well. Even using Bolt Lite as some one recommended every click of the mouse causes the phone to "warn me" about some impending doom. It's so frustrating I am no longer excited about being able to update my Facebook status or do on the go mobile photo uploads to my profile (finally) as it is far to frustrating to even deal with it.

~Darlene~
    Blue Sapphire Kennels
    Brains, Beauty, & Brawn. Why Settle for Less?

Feedback Score
    The LG 900G supports Bolt full version very well. I've noticed no lagging whatsoever and recommend it highly.
    Point your standard WAP browser to boltbrowser.com and choose to download the VeriSign Signed Version.
    The best way to avoid the nagging "untrusted" notices is to run signed software.

Edit:
    Also remember that, for some reason on some people's phones, signed software can only be installed with the SD card removed. Once installed you can move it to the SD card.

Carrier
    net 10
    Feedback Score
    the only way to get rid of the airtime message, is to go in the the main menu and under prepaid click air time display and you will be able to turn it on or off.

Feedback Score
    how do you know if the application is signed

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Did anyone ever figure out how to get rid of the pop-up notification? I seriously hate this "feature"!

Quote Originally Posted by promo-prods View Post

Is there anyway to disable the Minutes Used/Remaining Notification that pops up every time you send a text, make a call, or get on the internet? I have an unlimited plan, I have no reason to see this message ever.
    Last edited by cymbaline; 09-21-2011 at 07:41 AM.