Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LG Optimus S on Cricket

Carrier
    Boost Mobile (CDMA)
    Feedback Score

LG Optimus S on Cricket

I got a sprint LG Optimus S running Android 2.2.1 and i was going to flash it over to cricket. i had a few questions

a friend of mine had flashed a verizon android phone over to cricket and he said everything worked except for picture messaging.

i want to flash my phone over to cricket, but it being 2.2.1 i know it has wifi hotspot. will everything (talk, txt, mms, wifi, wifi hotspot, and android features like marketplace) work still if i get it fully flashed to cricket?

Phones
    Hero, Touch (Vogue), Touch (Vogue), Hero, TP, Droid
    Mogul Retired, Treo 650 Retired
    Lingo Retired, Samsung A640 Retired
    Carriers
    Green Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Prefix changed to cricket, and thread moved to the PDA sub-forum.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile (CDMA)
    Feedback Score
    thank you. i didnt know where to post it so it made me think it made sense to have a sprint prefix in a cricket forum because i want sprint phone on cricket network

Feedback Score
    it has been done

Phone
    Depends on the day, always Android
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Full flash is possible, I have the solution for sale on some other sites, pm me for more info. I got 3g internet, all apps, wireless tether, and everything. MMS is working receiving but haven't got sending perfected yet, it sends bout 5 out of 10 that you try to send.
    No I will not teach you or tell you how to flash a phone.
    Yes I will help you if you educate yourself first then ask reasonable questions.
    Nothing in life is free so don't expect to get all the answers for free.

Feedback Score

optimus s on cricket

everything works on this phone including mms outgoing. however u will need a custom rom with lots of modifications to get it all working.

Phone
    Depends on the day, always Android
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc720 View Post
    everything works on this phone including mms outgoing. however u will need a custom rom with lots of modifications to get it all working.
    Yes, you are correct, I have a custom rom built for the optimus with mms working but got some other bugs I'm trying to work out, first rom I've actually built so it may take me a minute. I haven't released it yet due to the bugs but once all are fixed it will be a simple root phone, install recovery, flash rom, activate and change settings in CDMA WS and ready to go on $45 or $55 plan.

Optimus custom cricket rom coming soon.

Feedback Score

optimus s on cricket

good job joey! rom building is quite fun. here is a hint for u. get a bootimg with init.d scripts enabled so u dont need autostart app

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

LG Optimus S

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    Prefix changed to cricket, and thread moved to the PDA sub-forum.
    Can i flash my optimus s to cricket even if it has service on sprint?
    I am tired of these high bills. and i would like to go with a prepaid service.

Feedback Score
    yes. i have grown to dislike the hard buttons on the optimus S. If it were me, i'd put on a cheap esn and sell the optimus s.
    maybe get the ascend? there are other threads here saying cricket is planning on dumping the data usage of flashed phones.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Did you ever figure this out? I got everything working on my Optimus S. Mainly had to use mms.apk that's for Verizon think its a black version or something like that. Then I also used a Verizon apns-conf.xml moded for cricket or I found one that had already been posted. I also used the ##3283# code while I was still at original V9 and changed all my settings there. But for some reason I still couldn't get mms working until I followed CRICKET PST Settings Thread! by Ryan Mogul. I used QPST to edit my PST settings on the phone to match the ones in the thread and everything worked.
    I have another phone that has different MDN / MSID numbers and I can't seem to get MMS working on it. Might be I just didn't do something I did to the other phone because I went through and edited and changed setting's in a lot of area's of my phone that I might have missed on the second. I've even just edited the same exact file's I have on my working android to match the second and use those file's on the second phone. Hmm.... I'll figure the second one out, I might call and ask if they could make the MDN / MSID the same on the old line. I would post something up about how I got it working but I couldn't take credit for stuff I found around the net and put all together, and I for sure won't charge for it.

Well figured out what I forgot to do. I forgot to replace the telephony.db file located in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephoney.db I got this file from a unknown location on the net because I have the zip I downloaded. Kinda hard to put the files up when I think they are all the work of others for different android phones but I know I put it all together and got it working. Don't wunna post stuff up without knowing who to give credit too also.
    Last edited by Error420; 04-10-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Found what I forgot

Feedback Score
    please post it, and say "please help me with giving credit to whom it belongs to and let me know who posted these files" or whatever, but again,please post it, i've been looking all over the net, I can't get my epic mms
    working, so you might be a life saver if you can explain it and post the files.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Let me get to a PC and I'll see what I can get up. I saw the info in another post again. I just don't wunna get banned.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    First I backed up what I could.

Well your gunna have to have your optimus S rooted for this to work. I followed some guides to rooting that can be found around the net. But while I was downgraded to the V9 software and radio that's where I tried to make everything work.
    Had to use CDMA workshop to get my SPC code. Then I used QSTP to flash a cricket PRL and changed my SPC to 000000. I then called cricket and got my phone activated so I could get my MDN / MSID, I went to my dialpad and entered ##SPC# so I could change my MDN / MSID. And while your at stock you might go into ##3282# and make changes to those items as well.

Under data profile Username is 10digitphonenumber@mycricket.com , HA SPI 300, HA PASSWORD cricket , AAA SPI 2, AAA Passwrod cricket, Device IP 0.0.0.0 , Primary HA IP 68.28.15.12 , Secondary HA IP 68.28.31.12
    Under multimedia you just need to have the IP address's set to wap.mycricket.com and the ports at 8080.
    EVDO DDTM OFF, HDR Pref Auto
    Then for all the QPST settings I just followed CRICKET PST Settings Thread! by Ryan Mogul.
    After that I had to edit the apns-conf.xml file so it had my phone number as the username. Think I put something like 10DIGITPHONENUMBER in the place of the phone number, just put your number there and thats all good. I then put the optimus S in USB mode and uploaded the apns-conf.xml, mms.apk, and telephony.db files all to the sdcard. Make backups or your originals just in case you have to start from scratch again. I then used root explorer to move the files from the sdcard to the phone. I took note of the original file permission so I could set the new files to the same permissions after I copied them. First I copied mms.apk to the clipboard then went to /system/app/ and deleted the mms.apk file that was there and replaced it with the one from the sdcard set the permissions and went back to the sdcard. I then copied apns-conf.xml to the clipboard and went to /system/etc/ and deleted the original apns-conf.xml file and replaced it with the one from the sdcard and set permissions. Finally I went back to the sdcard and copied telephony.db to the clipboard and then went to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and replaced the original file with the one from the sdcard and set permissions.
    I'm thinking if you update your phone to VD software or a custom rom your gunna have to replace the files again to get MMS working.
    I'm sure I left something out or a step or two if so sorry but I'm pinched for time right now. Maybe I could edit the post some more when I have more time.

I have no idea who all to give credit to for all these files but some are from verizon threads others are from just general cricket threads so I just wunna let everyone know This is just stuff I picked up around the net and I assume it's Freeware and if anyone needs credit just let me know But a big thanks anyway for helping me get my phone's working.

The Files I used
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7nts9e7wdj79a66
    Last edited by Error420; 04-12-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyPPC View Post
    please post it, and say "please help me with giving credit to whom it belongs to and let me know who posted these files" or whatever, but again,please post it, i've been looking all over the net, I can't get my epic mms
    working, so you might be a life saver if you can explain it and post the files.
    wont work for your epic homey

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast