Thread: Does the LG900-G play internet videos...???

Feedback Score

Question Does the LG900-G play internet videos...???

Does the LG900-G play internet videos such as YouTube etc...? I've seen a few conflicting reports about that. Also... do ANY of the ST phones offer GPS (user controlled) or even "turn by turn" dirctions?

Thanks in advance

Melissa

Phone
    Iphone 5s
    Carrier
    At&t GoPhone(ME)/Cricket(GF)
    Feedback Score
    I dont know about the youtube but the only straight talk phones that turn by turn gps is the two Nokia smartphones. They have Ovi maps built in.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    It will only play videos in the MPEG4, 3GP, RealVideo, H.263, H.264 . All Adobe Flash players use the flv format for video and flm for just audio.
    Here are the specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_gw300-2918.php
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    The nokia e71 smartphone has voice navigation via ovi maps. These maps take up approx 1.5 gig of the 4 gig sd card. Since it is already in the phone it works in places where you might not have coverage. This is an advantage. As a lot of cell phone nav requires a signal and data. The 900 from what I hear is a decent dumb phone with a decent keyboard it won't compare to the e71 smart phone. The e71 on AT&T for a similar plan would cost close to 100 a month or more and over 50 a month to add on to a contract. I like the e71 much better to talk on than my iPhone. I use it to talk when I am playing w my iPhone. How dare anyone interrupt me when I am playing a game. Splurge for the e71.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    The nokia e71 smartphone has voice navigation via ovi maps. These maps take up approx 1.5 gig of the 4 gig sd card. Since it is already in the phone it works in places where you might not have coverage. This is an advantage. As a lot of cell phone nav requires a signal and data.
    How does this answer the question about the LG900G?

The 900 from what I hear is a decent dumb phone with a decent keyboard it won't compare to the e71 smart phone.
    You make it sound like a piece of junk. No the 900G isn't a smart phone, it's a feature phone. But it isn't a dumb phone either. It can run Java Apps, can retrieve email from several accounts, browse the internet, has a good camera,and has a good mp3 player. Granted that America Movil has chemically neutered the phone by removing some hardware and software features. But I wouldn't call it a POS dumb phone.

The e71 on AT&T for a similar plan would cost close to 100 a month or more and over 50 a month to add on to a contract..
    I agree that the ST $45 Unlimited is the best deal but too bad a person has to pay out $200 just to get an unlocked SIM to use in a phone they actually like.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    I'm not trying to sound condescending here, but if you want a smartphone - save up and buy one. The LG900G doesn't have 3G and while you can probably get the WAP version of YouTube to work, be prepared for lots of loading errors and horribly pixelated video. If you're looking at Straight Talk to begin with, you're probably not a "light usage" cell phone user. So, why not get a better phone and get your money's worth out of the service?

Streaming video, web browsing and GPS navigation works very well on the E71. While many people here are buying 'em to use the SIM in an iPhone, don't discount the fact that the E71 is still great for its intended use and has exceptional build quality. If you're looking to spend a little less than $45 per month, Virgin's Intercept is also a great phone for streaming video and GPS navigation - it's worth looking at if there's Sprint coverage in your area.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Seems a lot of new potential straight talk customers want data. Not really caring much for texting or calling. Hopefully, Straight talk will release more phones give data users more options.