Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Thread: PC Mobile selling SIMs now?

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    I've also found that the best way to get authenticated to that page is to make sure the http://web.wireless.bell.ca proxy is set up in the APN settings, and then navigate to the self serve page from SIM Toolkit.

Subsequent to this, I can bookmark the page and it even works after disabling the proxy in the APN. I guess it leaves some sort of cookie.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Carrier
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    I've also found that the best way to get authenticated to that page is to make sure the http://web.wireless.bell.ca proxy is set up in the APN settings, and then navigate to the self serve page from SIM Toolkit.

Subsequent to this, I can bookmark the page and it even works after disabling the proxy in the APN. I guess it leaves some sort of cookie.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    web.wireless.bell.ca = 206.47.201.84

when I put the IP number in then the self serve worked. (thanks)

Is it possible to add proxy address to ipad? it only has APN, I looked at APN changer at unlockit.co.nz, but not sure if it will add a "proxy" for me.

Also when does the $10/100mb get charged? PC haven't charge it yet.

I am going to look at 7-11 Speakout $10/month unlimited next.
    25GB Cap? DIY Telnus prepaid/Koodo unlimited EVDO internet (for $10 per 2 months, to keep account "Active"), Max 3Mbps download speed, if you roam on Bell (free), then you get non-NATed IP

mobile files is reopened - Aug 11/2010
    HoFo = censorship same as US censor wikileaks = china censor

Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Hi, my little brother is looking for one of the Sim card after he saw me using mine. If you want to sell it, just send me a MP. Thank you !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So whats the situation on the iphone 4/4s charge drain?

Any specific settings to avoid these drains?

Feedback Score
    Wow! 36 pages!
    Don't really have time to scour through all these posts...

I have this plan, and have been using the Samsung Gio S5660 that I got for $60, brand new, from Future Shop. I've since moved on to WIND. I, however, wanna keep this plan as a back up for my internet at home, so that if my cable internet ever goes down (like my co-worker's did for 9 days. Thanks to Roger's trying to sabotage their 3rd party resellers) I can use this to tether my computers to.
    My wife is carrying it because surfing on her Blackberry is P-A-I-N-F-U-L. She needs a faster phone, with bigger screen, than the Gio though. Now that I've given some background....can you all please list the phones that you've successfully used with this plan; please also list any caveats.
    Much appreciated.

For example:
    iPhone - but experiencing unexplained leak charges to account

THAT WAS JUST MY ATTEMPT AT SHOWING WHAT TYPE OF INFO I WAS LOOKING FOR.

Thanks!

Phones
    Nexus S, Samsung Blackjack i607
    LG L3
    Nokia 2855i
    Carrier
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's a pity that iPhones have this special interaction behind the scenes. Some people have gotten around it, but you'll have to do research to find out more on that topic.

For other smartphones, there is a smorgasboard of Android handsets. Anything that works on the HSPA networks of Rogers, Bell, Telus, Koodo, Virgin or AT&T will work if unlocked. Many Bell phones may work without unlocking. Note that all of the Nexus handsets should be unlocked. I got my Nexus S from a Rogers kiosk, and it works perfectly on PC Mobile. The only setting that I had to make was to use proxy.bell.ca as the Internet APN.

More recent and easily acquired handsets that should work very well would be the Galaxy Nexus and the new Nexus 4, which you can buy straight from Google.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    In general with Android phones - I recommend you boot it up once WITHOUT the SIM card, set up accounts over WiFi, and then disable mobile data under settings. Then power off, insert the SIM and reboot, delete the expensive Bell APN, and enter the right APN settings. Finally now you can enable mobile data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Carriers
    WIND Mobile
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What Ian and cmstlist said.

I have used iPhone on it, iPhone 3G and 4. When Facetime was said to be the culprit, I disabled it as I never used it (nobody to "face" with), so that took care of the unintended SMS to foreign number causing the charges. No extra charge on my accounts for the longest time (now I don't own iPhones anymore).

All compatible Android phones I have tested work, I cannot really list them all because I just don't want to (and it is not that relevant).

Nokia 5230 (which is the RM-593, meaning that it has 850 UMTS / HSPA) has some problem working with PC Mobile data. This is the only phone I have had problems with (it's unlocked). I don't know why and cannot explain it. I tested the phone for Mobilicity and WIND Mobile (as it is a dual 850 / AWS band model). The signal is there but no data traffic working. May be I didn't set the APN right but I tried various things, same.

On Android devices, most but not all of them, you have to enter all the unrelated settings such as MMS etc, or else it won't work. I tried to be lazy and some of the phones won't work w/o the rest of the info. So enter them all even if you want to save time / cut corners. It seems unrelated (as it is mainly MMS stuff) but for some reason it matters for Android devices.

It also works well w/ MiFi 2372, and Bell version doesn't need unlocking. (I am selling mine, if anyone is interested).
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36