Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola (Etna) Droid Bionic discussion thread

Feedback Score

Newbie seeking wisdom

Hi folks - great site/thread -
    I must 1st off declare ignorance to the whole forum thing- I have blogged socially... -my apologies in advance for the inevitable screw up on etiquette -
    Not sure I have the steam to really keep up regularly - though there is certainly a wealth of information to be found here - was hoping to be an early adopter - for the bionic - not so sure now - I'm not one to root or mod - but i do enjoy using the snot out of quality stock phones - guessing it would be to much to ask to find a used DX - my contract has been up for a while now -- not going to lock into anything new till i know what's what -- is that (X) something I am likely to find at a good price anywhere?

Perhaps someone here (nearby forum?) has the wizardry to turn my MQ9c into a- 21st century wannabe...

Up waay too l8 - stop back tomorrow~
    Frank U
    Just a puppy proud to hang at the foot of the BD porch
    I usta be tenacious; now, I'm patient too...
    Back to CyanoStable - need to learn sooo much b4 playin round w/ Bricks..

- AKA ^ havin' waaay too much fun-

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughtrr View Post
    Do you remember the Blackberry Storm? That thing was one giant unfixable flaw

According to this gentleman it needs more development time and they are going to release a half baked product. Which does happen quite frequently.
    In my opinion, android overall has been quite rushed which has been understandable given the market. It doesn't qualify as half-baked but certainly underbaked and still being baked all the time. Throw in all the other evolving technology and producing or selecting a phone is a conundrum. But it does a hell of lot more and a lot better than before. CE, anybody?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Again it depends on the flaw. If calling is unusable, then it is time to look elsewhere. Likewise for surfing. If the GPS or the camera has problems, I could(might) live with it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzshow27 View Post
    I have no doubt that a device would get released with a major flaw I had a vibrant for about 2 days the gps was crap just as it was on every sgs device. Now I hope whatever the issue is can be resolved. But at this point I may be out of the market for a new phone if they don't reverse this locked bootloader crap
    This is Samsung, not Motorola. As you can see with updates as well, Samsung is in over their head being in the Android phone business.

Phones
    DROID X2
    HTC Arrive, Droid X
    enV Touch, Motorola Razr2 v9m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidCLH View Post
    Holy hell you really need to get over this seriously just because im not a sheep that accepts everything thats told to him doesn't mean I need to be scolded be so called veterans that think their the greatest thing in the world, you wanna keep bringing it up than fine I'll keep posting crap demanding answers until you can learn to let it die.
    youve already called out kbman and xubernaut in one thread, that's quite a feat.. you are 0/2 on calling people out because both of them know what they are talking about

Phones
    MOTO Droid
    palm pre
    blackberry storm
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I won't disagree with that samsung just can't get android down. But I was simply saying a carrier will release a device with flaws from some bb devices to samsung devices
    Motorola Droid running Froyo p3 1.1 kernel drop theme blue
    what's next

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo1300 View Post
    youve already called out kbman and xubernaut in one thread, that's quite a feat.. you are 0/2 on calling people out because both of them know what they are talking about
    You better leave him alone Paulo, or we'll be in trouble...lol

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Last 5: HTC Thunderbolt
    Motorola Droid, BB Tour, BB Storm, BB Pearl
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marmarinou View Post
    Assuming that both the Bionic and the Atrix have a major flaw that cannot be fixed, how likely is it that both Verizon and AT&T would not find the flaw in their testing? And if they did find the flaw, how likely is it that either of them would still release the phone to its customers?

My point is that if there is a major flaw, it is either going to be fixed before release or the phone won't be released. Or am I missing something here?
    I was going to reply about the Storm, but several posters already beat me to it. There were several reviewers that said the thing was a mess, but BB fanboys and Apple-haters wouldn't believe them (myself included). We got what we deserved. That thing was more than a mess; it was unusable at times.

Case-in-point: If a trusted source says that there are serious issues that make the phone unusable, I'm going to at the very least listen to them. Verizon and the manufacturer are more than willing to put out a piece of crap if they believe they can still sell them.

Phones
    env 3
    moto 815
    Carriers
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    yall are gonna call down the wraith of the mighty droidclh LOL ! he may annoy you to death

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    God forbid anyone actually ask for proof *******s

Phones
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    SOMETIMES, there is none. And yet somehow things still make sense or will in the future. So chill and enjoy what people freely offer.

Phones
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSxit View Post
    Verizon and the manufacturer are more than willing to put out a piece of crap if they believe they can still sell them.
    Can't argue with what has happened. I don't think it goes "unpunished", though. A Verizon customer (especially businesses) has to be leery of Verizon if burned by a phone unless it is made good. And Verizon must be leery of Blackberry and Microsoft, and both have suffered as a result because alternatives have become available. I wish Verizon were more stringent and offered fewer choices. They could probably do without a quarter of them.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Okay, this thread has gone way off course. Let's keep things clean and on topic!

Only warning.

Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The problem has to do with the PMU and causes a variety of issues including severe overheating even while at idle, power fluctuations affecting RF performance and cold boot issues.

These things were told to me by someone who is testing the devices. I have no hands on experience myself.

If you want to believe me that's fine...if not...that's fine too.

I have no intention of disclosing or discussing anything about my sources.

Satisfying people's curiosity on internet forums is utterly worthless compared to their trust and my continued ability to have access to them.

If the reasons why aren't plainly obvious to you then I needn't bother explaining...sorry.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I was wondering when a MOD was gonna jump in and stop the nonsense. lol

The Bionic looks alright. But after reading about this major flaw, I'm leaning way more towards the Thunderbolt now. Besides, the next Moto device could/would be better. I'm kinda hoping the DX2 will be LTE but reports are that it's 3G only.

Man, if only Bionic had that Atrix dock thingy.

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast