Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: use tracfone/net10 C4 AT&T sim card on straight talk phone?

Feedback Score

use tracfone/net10 C4 AT&T sim card on straight talk phone?

I'm ordering a Straighttalk phone but it doesn't come with a sim card. Can I order one from this ebay auction which sells tracfone/net10 at&t sim cards and use it in the phone to activate?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160418273779

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bbsux View Post
    I'm ordering a Straighttalk phone but it doesn't come with a sim card. Can I order one from this ebay auction which sells tracfone/net10 at&t sim cards and use it in the phone to activate?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160418273779
    Give us the ST phone model number and who your ordering it from.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Give us the ST phone model number and who your ordering it from.
    E71 which is a gsm phone.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    E71 which is a gsm phone.
    It has been reported that the E71 uses a different SIM than do the other GSM phone offered thru ST/Net10/Tracfone/SafeLink.

You need to wait for others to fill you in on the risks of buying an E71 that someone is selling, after they have removed and are using it`s SIM in another brand of Smartphone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    It has been reported that the E71 uses a different SIM than do the other GSM phone offered thru ST/Net10/Tracfone/SafeLink.

You need to wait for others to fill you in on the risks of buying an E71 that someone is selling, after they have removed and are using it`s SIM in another brand of Smartphone.
    What so they can use a different smartphone on ST with the SIM out of an e71?
    Can't ST deactivate the old SIM, when I call them?

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Dont do it! A few members have been burned already with 2nd hand E71's that cant be activated! Just buy one from walmart.
    iPhone 4 running on StraightTalk Wireless 3G (AT&T MVNO)

Time Warner Cable (Home ISP)
    [/URL]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRomeo View Post
    Dont do it! A few members have been burned already with 2nd hand E71's that cant be activated! Just buy one from walmart.
    How can ST do that? They won't ship out new sim cards?

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    First of all, there is NO RISK buying a second hand E71 if you use the online Straight Talk activation site to check the IMEI. It will tell you instantly if an IMEI is not clear to be activated. If the seller won't let you check the IMEI or doesn't specifically state in the description that the IMEI is clear - BUYER BEWARE!

Second, you will have to call Straight Talk to obtain a SIM for your E71 if it is missing one. Activation is handled by the phone's IMEI, not the SIM number, so this has to be taken care of for you by their customer service. Chances are, the seller thinks he/she can continue using the SIM it came with and sell the phone on eBay. Their loss will be your gain.
    iPad plan on iPhone 4--------------------------------------Sprint 3G

Achievement Unlocked: Phone Collector

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    How can ST do that? They won't ship out new sim cards?
    If the phone is stolen or wasn't scanned properly at the register (in the case of Walmart, this involves either physically scanning a different phone's activation barcode or a manager override - so it's fairly unlikely), Straight Talk will refuse to activate it.

You're more likely to encounter stolen property on Craigslist, where anonymous cash transactions make it a lot harder for crooks to get busted. On eBay, a report to the proper authorities will at least get you your money back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    First of all, there is NO RISK buying a second hand E71 if you use the online Straight Talk activation site to check the IMEI. It will tell you instantly if an IMEI is not clear to be activated. If the seller won't let you check the IMEI or doesn't specifically state in the description that the IMEI is clear - BUYER BEWARE!

Second, you will have to call Straight Talk to obtain a SIM for your E71 if it is missing one. Activation is handled by the phone's IMEI, not the SIM number, so this has to be taken care of for you by their customer service. Chances are, the seller thinks he/she can continue using the SIM it came with and sell the phone on eBay. Their loss will be your gain.
    He says it was never activated, so I'll ask for the imei # Thanks

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Then where the hell is the sim card?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRomeo View Post
    Then where the hell is the sim card?
    He says its in his iphone 3gs.... Sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one. if he's using it in his iphone -- didn't he activate the sim in the phone then move it to the iphone? So the phone would be useless...

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    He says its in his iphone 3gs.... Sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one. if he's using it in his iphone -- didn't he activate the sim in the phone then move it to the iphone? So the phone would be useless...
    Actually, he'll be the one who is out of luck when you tell Straight Talk you need a replacement SIM. The phone is fine, it's the SIM he held onto that becomes useless.

Feedback Score
    here is what he sent me... does this mean if i physically have the phone i can then make ST cancel his sim? Won't they still have him as the account holder?

yes i amusing the straight talk sim in the iphone and it was activated in the nokia and switched to my iphone right after thats why the auction say no call ever made the phone has never been used and is still in offline mode. and yes it does work i do have a straight talk iphone.

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Tell the guy not to do it. He doesnt know better. Inform him that selling his E71 can and will get his ST sim in the iPhone deactivated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast